The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Character stuck outside map

Akunin
Akunin
PS4 NA server. My character is stuck outside the map.. free falling. I can't use the unstuck option, I try to fast travel anywhere and it doesn't work. To make matters worse it times out and I get a message saying I've been kicked because I've exceeded message limit so I can't really do anything with the help options in menu.
  • Akunin
    Akunin
    "Error 318
    You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming)."

I get this after my character spawns and falls of the map. I'm guessing I have 10 - 15 seconds after I start that I get server dropped. I can't even contact customer service to ask for help.

• Akunin
    Akunin
    and for the record, I get that without ever touching the controller, no button presses at all. My character is falling and is unable to travel to wayshrine or anywhere else.
  • Akunin
    Akunin
    was finally able to contact customer service in game... in-between freefalls. All better now.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh I know this lol. I was out exploring once the outside of Direfrost Keep and came across a ledge that caused this. It was pretty bad. I finally got it fixed by logging in and IMMEDIATELY clicking to get unstuck in the Help options.