Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crate Motifs cost 200 gems but convert to only 33 gems

WaTeR-aBuSeR
WaTeR-aBuSeR
✭✭✭✭
So the cost of motifs which are labeled as legendary are 200 gems yet convert to only 33 gems.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually how anything in the world works so it's pretty accurate imo
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »

Not really, this isn't a car that just left the lot. It's a car that moved on the lot.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the already insulting gem return on these is even worse in that you get 1/6th of the value from converting it instead of 1/3rd.

Seriously, crown crates... insulting and scammy.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    So the already insulting gem return on these is even worse in that you get 1/6th of the value from converting it instead of 1/3rd.

Stopnaggin wrote: »

Not really, this isn't a car that just left the lot. It's a car that moved on the lot.

well if you take an item you got in a dungeon, treasure chest, etc. and sell it to npc merchant you'll only get a few gold but that same item could be sold through a guild merchant and you get thousands of gold (talking about set items).

same concept here it may cost 200 gems but its return is far less, at least they let us return items for gems that can save up to purchase something later that we like. It's a good system for mystery boxes, if you don't like it then don't buy them.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    All other items in the same tier cost 100 gems but return 33 as well. They upped the cost but not the return is my point.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »

well if you take an item you got in a dungeon, treasure chest, etc. and sell it to npc merchant you'll only get a few gold but that same item could be sold through a guild merchant and you get thousands of gold (talking about set items).

same concept here it may cost 200 gems but its return is far less, at least they let us return items for gems that can save up to purchase something later that we like. It's a good system for mystery boxes, if you don't like it then don't buy them.

While you can save up the point was that the rate has diminished. Also the loot table has been watered down. The biggest problem is how they have changed the game in the middle of spinning. And while I used to defend the crates, I can't anymore. The argument of just don't buy them doesn't seem to have any point. I used to buy them, hell I've spent over a grand at least since I started playing. So what happens when people such as myself just stop buying? I guess they will add more crap to the crates because less people buy them and then either people buy more crates or people stop buying crates and the cycle begins all over.

I would personally like to see them make a good faith gesture and at least return it to the way it was.

As far as you other analogy it really doesn't fit with in game items and in game gold. Neither of those was obtained by real life money, hopefully you can even see the difference. My return on vendoring item has no bearing on my real life money. I would not spend real life money on things that had that kind of return either.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vending items adds gold to the economy, while selling on a guild trader only transfers gold from one player to another, with a cut going to the listing fee and guild trader.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. SirAndy
      SirAndy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      Vending items adds gold to the economy, while selling on a guild trader only transfers gold from one player to another, with a cut going to the listing fee and guild trader.

What does that have to do with the original post?
      confused24.gif
    2. ExcaliburESO
      ExcaliburESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Haha its zenimax what u expected..
    3. Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All other items in the same tier cost 100 gems but return 33 as well. They upped the cost but not the return is my point.
      That's... odd.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    4. rynth
      rynth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

While you can save up the point was that the rate has diminished. Also the loot table has been watered down. The biggest problem is how they have changed the game in the middle of spinning. And while I used to defend the crates, I can't anymore. The argument of just don't buy them doesn't seem to have any point. I used to buy them, hell I've spent over a grand at least since I started playing. So what happens when people such as myself just stop buying? I guess they will add more crap to the crates because less people buy them and then either people buy more crates or people stop buying crates and the cycle begins all over.

I would personally like to see them make a good faith gesture and at least return it to the way it was.

As far as you other analogy it really doesn't fit with in game items and in game gold. Neither of those was obtained by real life money, hopefully you can even see the difference. My return on vendoring item has no bearing on my real life money. I would not spend real life money on things that had that kind of return either.

okay how about this then you at least get something back for spending crowns the return rate is different just as if you were selling to an npc rate is different. at least they give you a way to sell back your stuff and save for some item you want, sure zos gets money for the crowns but at least you can return stuff to purchase something you want. Zos is a company that thrives on profit like all businesses. You already know that spending money on a crate is just the same as gambling its luck of the draw. If you do not like it then simply don't participate in it simple as that
      When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
    5. ChandraNalaar
      ChandraNalaar
      ✭✭✭
      So the cost of motifs which are labeled as legendary are 200 gems yet convert to only 33 gems.

Yeah this season of crown crates have been super disappointing. A lot of filler crap, horrible drop rates, and awful conversion rates. I've gotten so many nix hounds it's ridiculous how weighted the drops are.
    6. davey1107
      davey1107
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The crown crates are a dirty sleaze bag offer put together by dirty sleaze bag executives who should be fired.
    7. Stopnaggin
      Stopnaggin
      ✭✭✭✭✭

okay how about this then you at least get something back for spending crowns the return rate is different just as if you were selling to an npc rate is different. at least they give you a way to sell back your stuff and save for some item you want, sure zos gets money for the crowns but at least you can return stuff to purchase something you want. Zos is a company that thrives on profit like all businesses. You already know that spending money on a crate is just the same as gambling its luck of the draw. If you do not like it then simply don't participate in it simple as that

I had no problem spending that money, even found it enjoyable. The point I was making is returns have gotten lower. The nix hound is was put into a lower tier than the other pets right?, so now the return on that is lower than say last seasons bravil retriever. Just because they are a business doesn't make it right to cheat their customers. Most businesses want to make money, most businesses want to keep their customers happy, in return happy customers spend more money. Having a large chunk of your customer base, that spends above and beyond the base game and dlcs, is good for the long term health of your company. I'm not asking for some kind of refund, I'm asking for the odds, that were pretty bad to begin with, to be put back to a mutually benificial arangement. They still make money, the customer doesn't feel cheated and the relationship would continue.