The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hire An Exterminator

Hanokihs
Hanokihs
✭✭✭✭✭
Because the Bal Foyen Nix-Hound is absolutely out of control. I'm pretty sure I got one in every single one of the 15 crates I tested.

Is this dumb bug the new Bravil Retriever? :s
"I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
"I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Followed link from mod post in other thread to get here.

For me I got four nix-hound cards out of 8 crates. A small sample I'm sure but enough to stop me buying more crates. And the five gems per duplicate card seems really unfair when we take into account that buying a same tier reward costs sixteen gems - you need to get 4 nix hound compensation cards to buy a same tier reward. Kind of a slap in the face.

I'm fully aware that I took it upon myself to buy and open the crates and that RNG is ... RNG. As it happens, I did get some other nice enough rewards and they will do for now. However, at the rate these nix-hound cards seem* to be dropping I feel like not buying any more crates.

EDIT: * rate: read other threads about this topic.
    Edited by Night_Watch on June 22, 2017 7:48PM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Followed link from mod post in other thread to get here.

For me I got four nix-hound cards out of 8 crates. A small sample I'm sure but enough to stop me buying more crates. And the five gems per duplicate card seems really unfair when we take into account that buying a same tier reward costs sixteen gems - you need to get 4 nix hound compensation cards to buy a same tier reward. Kind of a slap in the face.

I'm fully aware that I took it upon myself to buy and open the crates and that RNG is ... RNG. As it happens, I did get some other nice enough rewards and they will do for now. However, at the rate these nix-hound cards seem* to be dropping I feel like not buying any more crates.

EDIT: * rate: read other threads about this topic.

While we take it upon ourselves to buy these it doesn't mean we should be cheated. If the nix hound is coming in that high of a percentage that means you are losing one card per crate, and since the conversation rate is low you are losing even further.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    While we take it upon ourselves to buy these it doesn't mean we should be cheated. If the nix hound is coming in that high of a percentage that means you are losing one card per crate, and since the conversation rate is low you are losing even further.

I agree! I was looking at buying some crowns tonight to get a 'house' with and use up any remainder on crates. That's not happened now. I may still get a 'house' at a later date but I'm certainly not buying any crates in the light of this issue.

I know the crates are a gamble but I also know that, as things are, the cards seem very much stacked against us. I'm not naive either! I know that when gambling the 'house' always wins but getting this hound 50% plus of the time stinks.

As part of my HNC in computing (boy that was sooooo long ago!) I wrote a simple 'bandit' (gambling) style game to show I could program. I then wrote a much better version of the program as my tutor wanted to know if I could! The only real problem my tutor gave as feedback (there was lots of feedback on other things) was that I set the odds too high in favour of the 'house' - something like a 25% payout and the tutor advised me to set the payout higher - I had to do the mathmatics and slightly alter the reels but ended up with something like a 30% or 40% payout. (I'd have to check current law but at the time UK legeslation demanded a set minimum payout for gambling (slot machines)!)

In short, I have an Idea of how gambling works and know I will not always get the best result (Edit: but yeah this nix-hound thing has a very nasty smell about it).
    Edited by Night_Watch on June 23, 2017 1:16AM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)