The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Special Offers Are Good Deals.

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Speaking with a friend about the value of these so I thought I would do a written breakdown for others to see.

Starter Pack: 500 Crowns ($3.62, €3.10, £2.17 approx)
  • 5 Crown Experience Scrolls - 1,000 Crowns
  • 5 Crown Fortifying Meal - 200 Crowns
  • 240 Crown Lethal Poison - 600 Crowns
  • 5 Crown Repair Kit - 200 Crowns
  • 10 Crown Soul Gem - 400 Crowns
  • 30 Crown Tri-Restoration Potion - 600 Crowns
  • Striped Senche-Panther Cub - Unknown* (valued at 500 Crowns)
Total Bundle Value: 3,500 Crowns ($25.36, €21.74, £15.22 approx)
* As this is the first time this pet has been listed it has no known value, I've valued it at 500 (the pack cost) and similar style pets range from 400 - 700 Crowns.

Starter Pack, Adept: 1,000 Crowns ($7.25, €6.21, £4.35 approx)
  • Crafty Lerisa's Outfit - 233 Crowns (original pack of 3 for 700 Crowns)
  • 10 Crown Experience Scroll - 2,000 Crowns
  • 10 Crown Fortifying Meal - 400 Crowns
  • 5 Crown Lesson: Riding Capacity - 500 Crowns
  • 5 Crown Lesson: Riding Speed - 500 Crowns
  • 5 Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina - 500 Crowns
  • 255 Crown Lethal Poison - 637.5 Crowns
  • 10 Crown Repair Kit - 400 Crowns
  • 20 Crown Soul gem - 800 Crowns
  • 90 Crown Tri-Restoration Potion - 1,800 Crowns
  • 3 Exclusive: Magestic Crown (Dye Stamp) - Unknown* (valued at 300 Crowns)
  • Knight of the Flame - 233 Crowns (original pack of 3 for 700 Crowns)
  • Mages Guild Research Robes - 233 Crowns (original pack of 3 for 700 Crowns)
  • White Mane Horse - 900 Crowns
Total Bundle Value: 9,436.5 Crowns ($68.38, €58.61, £41 approx)
* As this is an exclusive and unlisted item I've taken the highest value of regular dyes (100 Crowns).

Notes: Crowns rated at 138/1 USD, 161/1 EUR, 230/1 GBP (value of 5,500 packs per Crown without 40% discount)

Edited by Turelus on June 15, 2017 7:20PM
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting both of those packs, because yes, they were good deals. I hope they do more packs like this.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for a long time for the Mages Guild set to be available again since I missed it before, an dthis package contains one of the three costumes....?

Would have insta bought if I could get all three, no matter cost, and would probably vendor most items in there anyway.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a long time for the Mages Guild set to be available again since I missed it before, an dthis package contains one of the three costumes....?

Would have insta bought if I could get all three, no matter cost, and would probably vendor most items in there anyway.
    Why vendor the items when you can just use them? They're not as good as crafted but fine for casual veteran dungeon runs, might as well use what you pay for.

I would imagine Mages Guild robes will be in a crate season soon as we've seen others come back in them already.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »

Why vendor the items when you can just use them? They're not as good as crafted but fine for casual veteran dungeon runs, might as well use what you pay for.

I would imagine Mages Guild robes will be in a crate season soon as we've seen others come back in them already.

This is the answer, no use for them whatsoever :/
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somehow I missed that all those costumes were in the adept package. Thanks for pointing that out! That is a really good deal for new players and anyone who wanted those costumes and that mount. The riding lessons can be pretty useful to anyone starting up a new character, which many of us are doing right now.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup! I plan to buy these (didn't last night as I got distracted) and use all the consumables on my Warden alt when I start levelling it.
    Food that scales, gems if needed (although I have so many!) and some faster lessons.

The repair kits are great for long XP grinds or being bad at Maelstrom as well because you can repair all with one rather than doing them one at a time.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are the Starter Packs for each character or are they usable by everyone on the account ?.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Starter Packs for each character or are they usable by everyone on the account ?.
    @abuniffpreub18_ESO they can only be purchased once, but you can share the items across your account.

The consumables can be banked and withdrawn with other characters (but once consumed/used are gone)

The costumes, pet and mount will unlock in your collection screen and can be used by multiple characters at the same time.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @abuniffpreub18_ESO they can only be purchased once, but you can share the items across your account.

The consumables can be banked and withdrawn with other characters (but once consumed/used are gone)

The costumes, pet and mount will unlock in your collection screen and can be used by multiple characters at the same time.

Thank you. I bought both packs on my 2 accounts. Got to use those crowns for something and this is a great deal.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep...I purchased both of them as well. I even had all the costumes in the Adept pack, but it was still a good deal since I didn't have the horse, which is 900 crowns on it's own. For an additional 100 crowns, I got the riding lessons, which I used right away on my new warden. Plus, he's using the consumables as well.

One thing to note, when I went to purchase the Adept pack, it said that I already had three of the items and it listed all three costumes I already had. It then said that I could still purchase the pack for the full price. So, it made it clear that I already had some of the items and that I'd be paying the full price. I was fully expecting to pay full price, since what remained was still a good deal, but it was nice that it gave that warning.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought both, and used the consumables on leveling two wardens. It was a good deal. If they had repurchasable packs that were this good, I'd be picking them up.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the offers are such good value that one could even call them

'Special' Offers...

Oh wait.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'