The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we test this out.

Zalicius
Zalicius
✭✭✭
Allow the ability to reduce spell visuals, not eliminate them entirely, but to reduce them so while in PVP, or 12 man groups we can determine how much lag is reduced. We can call it a controlled experiment.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    if possible, measure average latency for a week. Then, lower all combat visuals by 3/4 across the entire server for a week and record the latency. Just to see if adding an option to lower spell visuals would be worthwhile.

Personally I would love the option because its very difficult to see my own spells cast, red circles, etc. when in large battles. Also, I believe it would lower lag considerably.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The visuals are handled locally (your GPU). the damage instances and buff instances are not. Reducing the visuals will likely improve your FPS, but not your ping.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 16, 2017 5:47AM
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    The visuals are handled locally (your GPU). the damage instances and buff instances are not. Reducing the visuals will likely improve your FPS, but not your ping.

What about the other 11 people in my group? Surely their visuals are not just processed on my GPU.
    Edited by Zalicius on June 16, 2017 12:33PM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalicius wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

What about the other 11 people in my group? Surely their visuals are not just processed on my GPU.

Short answer, yes they are. The data saying that I cast a spell is broadcast from my machine to yours. Your machine processes the particles based on your options not mine. I could have particles turned off or on in my options, that wouldn't override your options on your end at all.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can manually reduce the particle effects via .txt settings file. I reduced it to 64 and this helped me to massive reduce the lag in large fights.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    Power of the Light this is aimed at you
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    You can manually reduce the particle effects via .txt settings file. I reduced it to 64 and this helped me to massive reduce the lag in large fights.

Thats not lag. Thats poor computer performance. You can turn off all your effects to the lowest and youll still lag with high ping in cryodill. Its zos's potatoe servers and code.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 10, 2017 2:46PM
    PS4 NA DC