The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soft-Crash to login screen

Ethoir
Ethoir
✭✭✭
I don't know if its my ISP or something a little screwy with the game, but ever since this morning's maintenance I've seen occasional "soft-crashes". I'd become unable to use doors, draw my weapons (or vice versa), use skills, or talk to NPCs. Yet I'd still be able to move around otherwise. After a couple of minutes, I'd get kicked to the login screen and would have to log back in.

I asked people in my guild if they had such an issue and so far they've responded in the negative. This is what makes me think it might be my ISP and not the game. We've had a lot of rain on the east coast US these last few days and its been giving me occasional ping spikes into the 300's.

Is anyone else having these "saoft-crashes" that kick you back to the login screen?

Tagging @ZOS_GinaBruno in case other people are seeing this and its not ISP related (though I guess it might be).

Edit: Just as I posted this, I have experienced a third "soft-crash". My latency meter was still an acceptable 140ms and it still happened.
Edited by Ethoir on May 24, 2017 5:53PM
Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • patrickpetrarco_ESO
    I have the same. There is another thread. Goes black then I am at login.
  • NerevarTelvanni
    You are not alone. Just seemed to notice this issue right after Morrwind's official launch date. I thought it was my modem going bad, so I bought a much better one just this weekend (6.10.17) and the issue still happens.

Can say that I've never had this problem until recently. I've had drops in the past, usually they involve some kind of error code, but nothing like these soft drops without warning and under 150ping.
    ╔═════════════════════════════════╗
    Forged by war the Ebonheart rose
    And drove the Akaviri back to the sea
    When the enemy begged for the mercy they lacked
    Three voices as one shouted "Blood for the Pact!"
    Forged by war, our story be told
    No shackles can hold us
    Whether moonstone or gold.
    ╚═════════════════════════════════╝
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem but mine affects both of us and my internet. I never actually lose connection according to Windows though.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Switch off IPv6 in your Routermenu (Fritz.box). It already helped many Players.

Edited by Thorvarg on June 15, 2017 9:15AM