Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is eso plus worth the money?

Davidm
Davidm
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you plan on playing each DLC? Then yes.

Do you want to pay a flat rate and get access to everything as well as a few crowns to spend on the side? Then yes.

Does the idea of bonus XP, gold and crafting inspiration sound good to you? Then yes.

Do you like to craft? Then absolutely 100% yes.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so, it's a great way to test a DLC before you commit to it, and sales aside it's the cheapest way to buy crowns. You can turn it on & off pretty easy so on, try the DLC, off and buy it. The biggest gain is the addition of crafting bags next week (console), all mats etc across your account go into one shared bag :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a Crafter, absolutely it's worth it.

If your leveling characters, yes it is worth it

Besides, your really just buying Crowns each month and getting the ESO Benifits on top of it as you get 1500 crowns for each month you subscribe, and 1500 crowns costs about the same as the monthly sub if you were to just come out and buy them. Crown sales not withstanding.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say I don't think it's worth it, at least it isn't for me.

5,500 crown packs are cheaper per crowns than buying ESO Plus and getting 1,500 crowns, so I'd rather buy those. And so far buying the DLC with crowns (which means you have permanent access to it) works out cheaper than the sub cost. Of course if you're buying all the DLC and 1,500 crowns worth of items from the store per month then a sub would work out cheaper but I don't spend anything close to that.

You also get a 10% XP boost, but I'd actually prefer to play without that because I find I'm always above the recommended level for the content anyway.

The crafting bag would be nice, but I've been playing without it for over a year now so I don't feel like I need it enough to justify the price.

On top of which there's the fact that I have limited and very erratic free time and I know from past experience if I'm paying a sub I'll feel like I have to play enough to justify it. Which then means I feel like I'm playing because I have to rather than because I want to and I enjoy it less. And within the game I'll feel like I have to play in a way that makes best use of the sub benefits - if I'm doing things that don't give me XP I'm wasting the boost, if I'm not in the DLC zones I'm wasting money on access to them etc.

So overall it's much, much cheaper and makes me happier to not sub and simply buy things I want as and when I want them.

I might sub for a month at some point to try out the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLC (and others that may come along) because I'm not sure if I want to buy those yet. But I can't see myself ever keeping up a subscription for longer than a month.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I turn on Plus when a DLC comes out, finish all the quests, find all skyshards and level up alts for the month. I cancel after a month. I like how mats in Orsinium are based on your current point level in a crafting skill.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on June 9, 2016 10:37PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely in my opinion. The extra xp and no need to buy dlc if you don't want to, not to mention the free crowns.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me yes, however I have paid a sub since the games release.

Others have already stated the good points of it but I should say that if you're only interested in playing the games content I still believe it's cheaper to just buy the DLC without a sub.

The new crafting bag is a huge plus for the sub though, I you'll have more inventory space than you know what to do with.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    You also get a 10% XP boost, but I'd actually prefer to play without that because I find I'm always above the recommended level for the content anyway.

Depending on how you play, the boosts either work for or against you.

If you want to do absolutely everything in the zone, you'll end up overleveled regardless. If you want to follow the story without being distracted by anything else around you, then the +10% will keep you roughly where you should be for levels, without running side content.

If you're wanting to run side content, the +10% is going to be a wash, intermittently.

That said, once you're into postgame content the +10% XP is pure gravy. You don't level past content at CR the way you do at lower levels. So if you're doing something like Thieves Guild, Wrothgar, or just Cadwell, the +10% xp buff is nice to have.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $40- something dollars for three months subscription, that's very cheap, plus all the benefits. I'd say it is yes.
    The crafting bags are just wonderful. That alone is worth it in my opinion.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    $40- something dollars for three months subscription, that's very cheap, plus all the benefits. I'd say it is yes.

this alone is worth the sub
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Crafting bags!!!!!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

Another +1 to this.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davidm wrote: »

I believe it is.
    We pay out $15.00,and get back $15.00 worth of crowns for free.So,it really doesnt cost anything.
    Also,the DLCs drop f or us for free.If we want to keep them permanently,we can buy them at our leisure.Then we can unsub if we want to and still have all that content.We dont have to buy them all together,or at the moment they drop.We already have them.
  • Jamie6699
    Jamie6699
    Soul Shriven
    After seeing the price and the benefits I do believe it is worth £9 a month so I will be buying it and thank you everyone for the suggestions.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you want double bank space and double caps for housing, then yes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It lives again!!!

One year later and my opinion is still mostly the same. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are placing this thread back in the grave as it was started over a year ago. If you wish to continue discussing this topic, you are welcome to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.