The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

help with Coldharbour _into the woods quest

Dargilbon
Dargilbon
Can anybody out there give me pointers as to how to complete the follow the shadow runner. I can follow the little bugger up to where he as just crossed the lake and then I get mugged by about 3 spriggions 2 wolf and some other butcher. when I have finished the fight my light goes out and I have to restart the this part of the quest again. I am getting a bit frustrated at it as I have tried 10 times now to complete this
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you have to use the spriggan wood the bosmer woman gave you, with the wisps lights you see. but it does not actually turn you invisible like she says it does, which is annoying. just sneak by the enemies while you follow the guy.
    Edited by Cody on August 2, 2014 6:14AM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime you see one of the glowey light things use it, they increase your timer.. the Bosmer guy you have to follow does wait a bit for you so you don't really have to worry about him running off if you're fighting (although sometimes he does)
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a pain. You can always start over at the bridge. Don't follow too close and you should be able to go around or stealth past the trash in your way.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to see if you can pass the mobs without attacking them, I did and this was the easiest way for me to finsih it, both times
  • Dargilbon
    Dargilbon
    Thanks for your help guys. Managed to get through it justnow on way to have a go at Molag Bal
  • skyslim
    skyslim
    I have trouble with the runner too. But my problem is he keeps stopping, wondering what the noise he hears is. It's the sound of the spell from using the bark and the sprite. Even if I stop he still hears the sound. He becomes more paranoid about the sound and then disappears, and I have to start over again. Now I stay a good distance away from him because of this, but other then the noise I have no trouble following him.
    "What is good in life? Destroy your enemy's, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women" Conan the Barbarian
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also having all kinds of trouble with this along with other Coldharbour quests, really not fun at all.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. Done that quest 3 times and it's always a bit of a pain to get the timing right and sneak by everything.

I like that about it, though. Most quests are way too easy.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can actually bypass that by going straight to the correct location if you fail that bit of the quest.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else has trouble with it.

The shadow runner ends up a bit west of the skyshard and the broken floaty bridge, just follow the citadel wall around and the quest will update when you see sergeant kamu
    Edited by Epona222 on June 18, 2015 6:04PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • BEASTIEBOI1002
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    try to see if you can pass the mobs without attacking them, I did and this was the easiest way for me to finsih it, both times

can you tell me your build im too a high elf sorc
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    skyslim wrote: »
    I have trouble with the runner too. But my problem is he keeps stopping, wondering what the noise he hears is. It's the sound of the spell from using the bark and the sprite. Even if I stop he still hears the sound. He becomes more paranoid about the sound and then disappears, and I have to start over again. Now I stay a good distance away from him because of this, but other then the noise I have no trouble following him.

Yeah,I have the same problem.I keep failing just as he leaves the lake every damn time. I got though it once a long time ago,but havent been able to since.
  • ImALittleTeapot
    ImALittleTeapot
    Soul Shriven
    I see that this thread has been around a while, but it comes up in search and the issue remains today. As Epona222 said you can bypass the buggy follow.
    • Trigger the Shadow Runner via the Wisp just on the other side of the long bridge (near the X on the map in the link below)
    • You may want to nudge the Shadow Runner one time ( I have not tested without this step)
    • Immediately run to the Khajit Soldier to the East of the Citadel (due West of where you trigger the event - follow the arrow in the map)

I've linked an image to show you the exact location.
    http://postimg.org/image/c2v5u1y0b/

Edited by ImALittleTeapot on January 12, 2016 4:11AM
  • TotterTates
    TotterTates
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Achievement* Master Necro
    Cuppincakes
    • Imperial Dragonknight (Tank)
    • Pre-TG vMA Score: 459,636 [55:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    • Post-TG vMA Score: 537,328 [53:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    Bäby Spice
    • Altmer Sorc (DPS)
    Alisaeri
    • Dunmer Dragonknight (Healer/DPS)
    Church
    • Argonian Templar (Healer)
    Moon Moon
    • Khajiit Nightblade (DPS)

My Twitch Channel: TotterTanks
  • Wild_Monk
    Wild_Monk
    ✭✭
    Quest - mockery.
    Well, this is not the main quest, and you can just forget it.
    It is necessary to stop all this , how to stop the bad habit. The whole game is - like smoking.
    Insanity, blasphemy, vile passions - Daedra is happy.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to follow Taylor Swift outta the woods and towards the round wall with some mobs in front of it.

Just ignore mobs and focus on grabbing light refreshes as you follow it.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    This quest really annoyed me, especially how many trash mobs roam the area. However, I'll try the "stay away from him" trick in hopes he doesn't stop (if I ever make another char, that is).
    I remember barely... and I mean barely completing this on my second time. It was .5 seconds away from expiring on me. And there's not a lot of wisps to absorb to reset the counter.
    Edited by Benie on March 26, 2016 5:10AM
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god I found this. I'm doing that quest for the first time, thanks for the tip and the map.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Wild_Monk
    Wild_Monk
    ✭✭
    Immediately run to the destination. Generally not chase shadows. The destination point in this quest - find in Google.
    I remember, You must running strictly to the west, on the map, and will be a place near the wall.
  • jmrathbun
    jmrathbun
    Thanks for the map: problem solved!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as it is a few years old and the information may be outdated. You can start a new thread if you still want to discuss this topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.