The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Heavy Attack - Decrease Cast Time please

The_Undefined
The_Undefined
✭✭✭✭
Changes are out, resource management is what it is. After playing with the game, I really think a huge improvement would be to decrease the cast time of heavy attacks and no other changes to heavy attacks in general. If we're forced to heavy attack in a combat intensive game, the least it should feel is combat intensive. When I'm fighting mobs with winding up heavy attack, I'm getting slugged in the face for what feels like minutes does not feel intensive or fun, it feels really slow and like a chore. I think, if you decrease the attack time for heavy attacks while keeping the same amount of resource return and attack, it'll make the game feel a lot better.
Edited by The_Undefined on June 4, 2017 4:11PM
  • Sikthlight08xz
    This so much, these resource changes have made combat so much slower. All this did was add an additional juggle to management. Why do i get the feeling this was done to appeal to slower-paced players.. Notta nail in the coffin.

Before;
    Enemy spotted > nuke nuke nuke > cont~
    Now;
    Enemy spotted > nuke > heavy attack > nuke > heavy attack~

yawn
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This so much, these resource changes have made combat so much slower. All this did was add an additional juggle to management. Why do i get the feeling this was done to appeal to slower-paced players.. Notta nail in the coffin.

Before;
    Enemy spotted > nuke nuke nuke > cont~
    Now;
    Enemy spotted > nuke > heavy attack > nuke > heavy attack~

yawn
    Get cost reduction and regen glyphs, or maybe run regen food, or sustain sets.

HA is already good enough, buffing it will ruin all magicka builds who don't run staffs.

• Sikthlight08xz

HA is already good enough, buffing it will ruin all magicka builds who don't run staffs.

On my nb i'm forced to use restoration staff for the regen, With the siphoning nerf.. no food or glyphs can save me from this hell~
    I dread the prospect of having to give up dps for sustain sets, pve-wise nb is and has been for long time the underdog. :(

• MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree and cannot help but wonder why ZOS went with this paradigm...

Light Attack (logical):
    A quick attack to maintain a steady combat flow without using additional resource. Should RETURN RESOURCES or BOLSTER REGEN based on conservation of energy through use of momentum and inertia.

Light Attack (ZOS):
    A quick attack to maintain a steady combat flow and increase damage without using additional resource. Should DO MOAR DAMAGE based on what I don't know.

Heavy Attack (logical):
    A heavy attack used to do additional damage or proc a condition. Should DO ADDITIONAL DAMAGE & PROC CONDITIONS based on ADDITIONAL RESOURCE used.

Heavy Attack (ZOS):
    A heavy attack used to do additional damage or proc a condition. Should DO ADDITIONAL DAMAGE & RETURN RESOURCES despite additional resources being needed to turn a light attack into a heavy one.

The logic they used for Morrowind makes no sense: boost light attack damage, nerf heavy attack damage, reduce heavy attack time and make it return resources... personally I would have left light attack damage values as is but give a brief regen boost (not too much but at least make our nerfed sustain viable through LA weaves) and boost heavy attack damage with a slight reduction in animation time.

TL;DR

ESO = FAST PACED COMBAT !?!
    LA = LESS DAMAGE + RESOURCE REGEN BOOST
    HA = MOAR DAMAGE + RESOURCE DRAIN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    correct me if Im wrong...I can not good remember this but some I remeber heavy attacks on game start was draining your resources.....but I could be wrong, I dont remember this to much since this long time :P
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Use weighted weapons mate
    SW GoH > ESO