Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question for ZOS

Inig0
Inig0
✭✭✭✭
Why do you have a public test server?

The recent change to equilibrium/ igneous shield was definitely a warranted one. Instead of pushing it straight to live why didn't you push it to pts. Get some community feedback. Make adjustments or don't then push it to live a week later. The same result could have happened either way. There just would have been a more constructive community reaction instead of what you are dealing with right now.

Surely that would have been a good use of your PTS tool.

I know that feedback from the community comes with a (gigantic) grain of salt but surely its a least a little bit useful. This kinda goes back to something ive said previously. Gives us small changes on the pts so we could thoroughly test it then get you the feedback on it that is much more concise and quick. I would have loved to have woken up this morning seeing that you guys are recognizing how broken the current tank meta is and made a change to it on the pts so we could test it and give you back some valuable numbers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Surely you could at least answer this simple question. Why does the combat team not push small updates like the equilibrium/ igneous shield change to the PTS before pushing it to live?

I would love to know the answer to that so i can shut the hell up about my idea of "small changes --> thorough feedback --> balanced change."
GM: Mechanically Challenged
In game - @Inig0
Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
Warden - Help I Made a Warden
PC NA
Youtube Stuffs
Only the best memes die twice
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have a PTS to not test the game but to test the resolve of the player base. You see, over time the game has become easier to play. One way good companies continue to challenge their player base is to present them with avenues to give feedback and then ignore the feedback and see how the base reacts.

Are you up for the challenge?
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS cycles are over now.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    PTS cycles are over now.

Obviously. I think you're missing the point though.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice