The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nerf Radiant Destruction!

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »

It's useful for area denial, but neither the only nor the best ultimate serving that purpose.

It's useful for far more than that. It has a strong sustained damage as well as burst damage component, and also provides mitigation to your team. In open world PvP it's a bit lack luster cus the cost is expensive and the map is expansive. But in the narrow corridors and chokes of the BGs, in an an unforgiving no CP environment with a well coordinated team, a properly placed nova will not only provide heavy damage and area denial but also allow you team to more succesfully win the more intense skirmishes where lots of bodies are involved. These fights are often over in a matter of seconds with enough dps involved and in that situation nova is a game changer.

IKR. Never understood why people hate on Nova. Organized groups have been using it effectively since the game came out. Damage mitigation, strong Aoe DoT, huge burst when synergized. Our 4 man instantly nuked a full raid in the 2nd floor of a tower the other day because we negated -> nova'd -> and gravity crushed.

One additional Destro is simply better.

But then you're forced into running Destro front or back bar. If you look at my example, in a 4 v Outnumbered most of us were running tankier set ups including my SS/SB Magplar. I lose substantial tankiness trying to fit Destro in there.

If you don't like Nova then don't use it. But don't pretend like it sucks.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's useful for area denial, but neither the only nor the best ultimate serving that purpose.

It's useful for far more than that. It has a strong sustained damage as well as burst damage component, and also provides mitigation to your team. In open world PvP it's a bit lack luster cus the cost is expensive and the map is expansive. But in the narrow corridors and chokes of the BGs, in an an unforgiving no CP environment with a well coordinated team, a properly placed nova will not only provide heavy damage and area denial but also allow you team to more succesfully win the more intense skirmishes where lots of bodies are involved. These fights are often over in a matter of seconds with enough dps involved and in that situation nova is a game changer.

IKR. Never understood why people hate on Nova. Organized groups have been using it effectively since the game came out. Damage mitigation, strong Aoe DoT, huge burst when synergized. Our 4 man instantly nuked a full raid in the 2nd floor of a tower the other day because we negated -> nova'd -> and gravity crushed.

But then you're forced into running Destro front or back bar. If you look at my example, in a 4 v Outnumbered most of us were running tankier set ups including my SS/SB Magplar. I lose substantial tankiness trying to fit Destro in there.

Ice Comet => Radiant Oppression is still an unbelievable ganking combo against 90% of players. It never ceases to amaze me how few people actually block the Comet.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ice Comet => Radiant Oppression is still an unbelievable ganking combo against 90% of players. It never ceases to amaze me how few people actually block the Comet.

It never ceases to amaze me how often I hold down block yet get CCed by the Comet.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it sucks. Look at warden's one.
    - 50 points cheaper
    - 8% max magicka
    - moveable!
    - 500 addditional resistanses
    - good chance to apply Chilled status effect (minor maim is a good debuff)

So yes, nova just sucks. Btw, Destrostaff is a damn good weapon for every magicka class both in pvp an pve.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But it sucks. Look at warden's one.
    - 50 points cheaper
    - 8% max magicka
    - moveable!
    - 500 addditional resistanses
    - good chance to apply Chilled status effect (minor maim is a good debuff)

So yes, nova just sucks. Btw, Destrostaff is a damn good weapon for every magicka class both in pvp an pve.

It doesn't suck. I can't help the fact that you don't know how to use it.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me how often I hold down block yet get CCed by the Comet.

Hahaha. That got a legit LOL. You're totally right.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give the skill to sorcs, because 2 executes isn't enough!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

But if you did that I'd never be able to rack up insane KtoD ratios while spamming Y, Y, Y, Y, Y from 36 yards away while eating a sandwich.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

But if you did that I'd never be able to rack up insane KtoD ratios while spamming Y, Y, Y, Y, Y from 36 yards away while eating a sandwich.

That would literally do nothing! #PCmasterrace