Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind and the Guilds

Delta1038
Delta1038
✭✭✭
So I am planning on making a fresh character tomorrow withh the release of Morrowind, though I have yet to actually download the game yet. I know there is a new opening and tutorial, my question is if I wanted to head back to the mainland real quick to start the mages guild/fighters guild so I can get those skills and start some leveling, will I be able to go back to morrowind real quick? Its more that I want to play the morrowind prequel stuff prior to getting my soul ripped out in the original story is all.
Xbox One NA
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a notices posted near-ish the vivec wayshrine which gives you 2 quests to go see the Fighters and Mages guilds in Vivec.

No Undaunted though afaik.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delta1038 wrote: »
    So I am planning on making a fresh character tomorrow withh the release of Morrowind, though I have yet to actually download the game yet. I know there is a new opening and tutorial, my question is if I wanted to head back to the mainland real quick to start the mages guild/fighters guild so I can get those skills and start some leveling, will I be able to go back to morrowind real quick? Its more that I want to play the morrowind prequel stuff prior to getting my soul ripped out in the original story is all.

You can unlock the skill lines, then return to Vvardenfell. Fighters Guild can be lvled since there are plenty of Daedra to banish. But I don't know if there are any Lorebooks to lvl Mages Guild...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • kwbridge
    kwbridge
    ✭✭✭
    You can start Mages and Fighters Guild in Morrowind - you don't have to go back to the mainland.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    there are lorebooks not many though
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    Oh cool, good to know. Even if there are not a lot of lorebooks to collect, I would orefer to join them as soon as possible. Especially the mages guild for RP reasons. The Undaunted is not as big a priorty, I will just join them when I get to the mainland naturally. Thanks guys.
    Xbox One NA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have Morrowind you can travel back and forth between Vvardenfell and any other zone at will.

I had early access, I started a new character then went straight to the mainland and did the Mage Guild questline. You can travel back and forth as you like, the Morrowind zone of Vvardenfell just appears on the map the same as any other zone - so you are free to do whatever you like, in any order you like :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the soul ripping part, it doesn't force you into the quest that makes you lose your soul, but it will automatically pop up in your quest journal (and can't be abandoned) when you go to your alliance's first zone city. So if you don't want to start that for awhile, just don't talk to the hooded figure that approaches you when you go there, if you have to go to the mainland for some reason for a sec.