The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill re-balance. What skill in your opinion is overpeforming or underperforming?

GreenSoup2HoT
GreenSoup2HoT
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I thought it would be a good idea to start a new balance mega-thread where we can discuss all abilities in game and the abilities influence in pvp!

Heres a quick little guide to what im looking for:

Ability Name:
Proposed Changes:
Why this change should occur:

Hopefully this will give the developers some insight to what really grinds us pvp players gears and what we want to make pvp more enjoyable. The more constructive the feedback the better we can hope the games direction will go.

I will start with a few of my own.

Ability Name: Elemental Storm (morph: Eye of the Storm)
Proposed Changes: I have two proposed changes. 1 or the other.. not both for clarification. 1: Make this ability an uninterruptible channel. 2: Revert the changes to duration and damage to the pts version before it was released to the live game.
Why this change should occur: 1: Instead of reducing the damage the ability deals, making it so skills cannot be cast during the duration will make avoiding the ability potentially easier since you cannot gap close while it has been triggered. As an Eye of the Storm user, you would want to be on top of your enemy before hand to get maximum value. You would also want to be careful because you cannot shield or heal potentially while active, making group healers or defensive ultimates such as barrier more necessary while using Eye of the Storm in group play. 2: I personally believe the potenail for this ultimate in group play was not fully tested in the pts environment which led to this ability being "overbuffed" and now has become a monster we all know and love in pvp. In my opinion the other morph Elemental Rage should remain unchanged as it is much easier to avoid since it is stationary.

Ability Name: Dark Exchange
Proposed Changes: When Interrupted, 0% or 50% of the cost is refunded. Previous patch 0.2 second cast duration increase removed.
Why this change should occur: Counter-play is something lacking in pvp. I believe it to be unfair that there is no repercussion for a Sorcerer being interrupted while casting Dark Exchange. It is unfair for the player doing the interrupting because it costs stamina to bash or resources to use a skill to do so. The Sorcerer is free to spam cast this ability with no draw backs since there is no risk. If this change occurred, a Sorcerer would have to play smart and be wary of being interrupted.

PS4 NA DC
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability: incap
    Change: reduce back to 50 cost
    Reason: coz stamblade :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Viper
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draining Shot
    The heal should not be linked to the cc. It's a pain to use this against cc immune opponents. Either make the heal instant and lower the resored health or put the heal on a time, e.g. "deals x dmg, knocks enemies back, heals you for y after z seconds". Both would prevent heal spamming.
    Also give it a bit more than 10m range. Even destructive clench has 17m. Magnun Shot also suffers from the short range.

Bombard/ Acid Spray
    Bombard: " Does not immobilize enemies that are snared. Even when enemies can move again, their Movement Speed is reduced by 40% for 5 seconds."
    With the new root immunity and the giant amount of snares out there + immovabilty options, the root becomes unreliable. I think it would serve this skill well if they remove the requirement of unsnared opponents. It's the only ranged CC bow has.

Acid Spray: It's an AoE "spam" with high cost. I don't see what that marginal DoT adds to it. It either has to be a stronger DoT, maybe with reduced direct dmg to avoid being OP, or reduce the cost an give it a true spam character.

Immovable
    It's far too expensive for the tiny 5 sec duration.

Purge
    Again, far too expensive for any stamina build. Most purge-worthy effects can be easily spammend again after you cleansed. So you are out of magicka in a second.

What isn't underperforming but really annoying that hidden blade overrides crit surge, 'causing you to missing out on the heals.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread was created May 29th, buuut you should wait til after Morrowind patch drops, then revisit this topic. Especially since you listed Dark Deal, and it for sure is getting hit next patch.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread was created May 29th, buuut you should wait til after Morrowind patch drops, then revisit this topic. Especially since you listed Dark Deal, and it for sure is getting hit next patch.

Morrowwind has already dropped for pc players. We can already see the changes for console. No sense waiting.

All dark deal got in Morrowwind patch was a 0.2 second duration channel time increase.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Morrowwind has already dropped for pc players. We can already see the changes for console. No sense waiting.

All dark deal got in Morrowwind patch was a 0.2 second duration channel time increase.

And a 0.2 sec delay to the time when the effect occurs.

New sorc builds on PC are already dropping dark exchange like a hot potato. This is exactly what is wrong with these forums.. people calling for nerfs when they haven't even tried or seen the new version yet.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

And a 0.2 sec delay to the time when the effect occurs.

New sorc builds on PC are already dropping dark exchange like a hot potato. This is exactly what is wrong with these forums.. people calling for nerfs when they haven't even tried or seen the new version yet.

If you read my proposed change, i said i wanted to remove the new delay that was introduced in morrowwind for my change.

Just because zos intorduces a new change... doesnt make it the right one. Kind of like how we got all these bandaid fixes, an example being how we got all proc sets in game nerfed with the crit change... when it was only some sets outta whack.
    PS4 NA DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backlash.

Reduce the dmg added by allies to this skills explosion to 20% of their dmg.

Currently any templar can cast this skill and its basically a free 8-12k proc which is harder than most ult's, its annoying because a tanky magplar healer with little to no dmg can cast it and spam heals and then get a huge dmg proc just because of allies attacking.

I think that while allies should contribute dmg they shouldn't add that much dmg to it and the caster should have to put in a lot of dmg in order to get those high dmg numbers on the explosion. This change won't affect pve because of the amount of dmg involved there and people will still easily get the highest dmg proc each time but in pvp it will be down to the caster to do most of the dmg and if they don't then this will hit less than a curse instead of constantly double it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Ability: incap
    Change: reduce back to 50 cost
    Reason: coz stamblade :/

:* All they had to do was take the CC out or return it to when you're under half health it would CC..Didnt they inc the cost for magblade as well? Lol...

Siphon the vigor from your enemies' blood, dealing 2610 Magic Damage to all nearby enemies and healing you and your allies for 1058 plus 20% more for each enemy hit.|If an enemy is hit, you gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 20 seconds.
    Morph Effect: Also heals you and your allies and grants you Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage.
    Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Area
    Radius: 8 Meters
    Duration: 20 Seconds
    Cost: 2923 Magicka
    VS.
    Siphon the vigor from your enemies' blood, dealing 2612 Disease Damage to all nearby enemies.|If an enemy is hit, you gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20% for 20 seconds.
    Morph Effect: Converts to a Stamina ability, and deals increased damage.
    Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Area
    Radius: 8 Meters
    Duration: 20 Seconds
    Cost: 2338 Stamina

Who uses power extraction over steel tornado?

TL;DR Power extraction is bad.
    Edited by FlyLionel on May 30, 2017 5:05PM
    The Flyers
  • Trittium
    Trittium
    Going to go out on a limb here.. but most of the undaunted abilities. One in particular..

Ability: Trapping webs

Change: Take away the spiders being summoned on synergy and make them base-line on cast. Morph 1 black widow spiders also cast minor defile while attacking their target. Morph 2 Immobilizes instead of fears. The ability can still Explode, but obviously no one is really going to get caught in this in PvP. It's just a nice extra AoE for PvE when you need spiders back up.

Reason: I literally never see this ability used. I think it has potential for those who like "Trapper" or "Beast" builds.
    Trittium | Stam NB
    Koronos Erion | Magicka NB
    Phovos Erion | Magicka Warden
    Trittium Erion | Stam Warden
    Koronos Fireborne | Magicka DK
    Sigron Terion | Stam DK
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    Ability:All of them

Change:Remove them

Reason:Spellcrafting
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ability Name: I'm not telling you
    Reason I am not telling you: Because I hate nerfs
    Why this change should not occur: I like to have fun.
    If I tell you soul strike is OP then it gets nerfed. For the love
    of gaming please leave Mag NBs alone.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, we have a stealth 'nerf sorc' thread!

Clever! Well not really. Smells more like potato.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, so many changes to stuff over the last several years...of all of them, the one which stung the most was removing purge from cloak..
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    wow, so many changes to stuff over the last several years...of all of them, the one which stung the most was removing purge from cloak..

it was so uncalled for too. magicka dks whined and whined and got their way. i find it funny how people on the forums now suggest nightblades need a healing buff... zos could always give us purge cloak back. just not 4 debuffs and something like 2.

nightblades really died when we lost that. at least back then when you were brought out of cloak straight away... it wasnt an entire waste of magicka.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge.

Purge only serves zerg ball groups. It is too good.

In fact, there is no real way to nerf it besides making it effect 1 addition target besides caster, and remove the buff component. Why would you ever have a better equivalent of an ability in the game for grouping than a Class (hiho templars) one?

Purge itself it the only reason the zerg balling groups exist.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    Purge.

In fact, there is no real way to nerf it besides making it effect 1 addition target besides caster, and remove the buff component. Why would you ever have a better equivalent of an ability in the game for grouping than a Class (hiho templars) one?

*coughcough* Eye of the Storm, Breath of Life, Rapid Manuvers, Sap Essesnce, etc. :P
    PS4 NA DC
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm well may as well put this out there now before another potatoe does,

Mages wrath
    Because...sorc
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purge.

*coughcough* Eye of the Storm, Breath of Life, Rapid Manuvers, Sap Essesnce, etc. :P

Without purge, zergballs can be taken with siege...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Purge.

Without purge, zergballs can be taken with siege...

touchee
    PS4 NA DC
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Under preforming skill: proximity detonation

Proposed change: zos, you nerfed this skill into the ground and I hate you for it. It was a lot of fun in both pve and pvp. Revert back to how it was just tone down the damage a bit, purhaps by 20%. Also the cast time on inevitable det is horrid. Cast time skills in general are horrid and make the game feel clunky. How about just buff prox det and leave inevitable det as is but remove the cast time.

Thank you.

Under preforming skill:streak. Zos, again you went to far with the nerf on streak, how about instead of making it stack huge increases in cost just increase the base cost of this by 20%. Be reasonable zos

Eye of storm. It is over preforming compared to other ultimates. Merging will upset pve but something must be done.

How about balancing pvp separately and just reduce eso damage done to enemy players by 15-20% Also remove aoe caps while you are at it, they should not exist

Flame clench: I fell the damage done by this is pitiful considering the cost. Help mage blades out and buff how much damage is done by this
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove purge, get back the old 1.6 proxy det -- hooraaaah.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    So, we have a stealth 'nerf sorc' thread!

Clever! Well not really. Smells more like potato.

This is your typical Rage Baiting thread. To lure all of the sorcs out to farm sorcs moaning and cries. There is absolutely no real talk about balance here. Just a bunch of players lobbying for sorc nerfs and stamina buffs. Because lets all face it. All sorcs and magicka based builds should be free AP piñatas. :lol:
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP! Sorry to burst your bubble but you are talking to a wall here.
    Edited by Jurand80 on June 2, 2017 12:05AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    Hey OP! Sorry to burst your bubble but you are talking to a wall here.

These forums are a big wall, how have you not noticed? I honestly dont care the direction of this thread. Some will participate some wont.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge.

/Agree

And Rapids..

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.