Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Mini-games

Nermy
Nermy
✭✭✭✭✭
Any ideas for mini-games in Cyrodiil? This is something my guild and I discuss when we're on our horse simulators. I've heard some classics:
  • Kidnap the Emp
  • Supply trains (like GW AvAvA)

Damn my mind goes blank and we had some great ideas. Anyone got anymore?
@Nermy
Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of supply trains. Might spread fights out a bit - as long as those supply trains actually have a real value and not just "Ey, we need this here to spread out the fights".
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of supply trains. Might spread fights out a bit - as long as those supply trains actually have a real value and not just "Ey, we need this here to spread out the fights".

The supplies come from the resources - as they level, the doors get harder (lumber), the walls stronger (mines) and the NPCs have more hit points (farm). So maybe an initial supply train to newly capped keeps to deliver resources to make them harder to take.

Oh, it could be ballistas for the NPCs to use! :D
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

The supplies come from the resources - as they level, the doors get harder (lumber), the walls stronger (mines) and the NPCs have more hit points (farm). So maybe an initial supply train to newly capped keeps to deliver resources to make them harder to take.

My only thing with this is that people wouldn't care, keep levels are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    The only way I could see people caring is adding loot (which would just became farming agreements) or actually making level five keeps meaningful by adding something like EVE's invulnerability timers.
    ie your keep gets to level five you can choose an eight hour block it becomes invulnerable to attack (night for most).

As for mini games are we talking game provided and meaningful to Cyrodiil as a whole or just player made things to have fun with?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kidnap the Emp

But the question is : What do you do if the Emp isn't in Cyrodiil ? maybe it's just a player who farm AP for got the emperror title then back to PVE ?

Edited by Apherius on May 30, 2017 2:55PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scouting something should show the amount of enemy players in the area on map for whole faction for one hour and give a small buff of +critical values to your faction in the area.

Quests where you have to bring messages from one keep to another in friendly territory. Like CTF or scroll mechanic with a marker and no cloak. Should reward AP when delivering and more AP when killing the messenger.

A new siege item that, when deployed at a keep wall for 10 minutes, will weaken all walls and doors by 50%. Should make a sound and be easily spotable but only when you are near or inside the keep, should not show on map. Should be destroyed by one or two siege shots or manually.

A quest like kill x enemy players near Bruma while your alliance holds the town.

Group events that pop up after taking/defending a keep and give +x amount of AP if you take the next keep within half an hour / take an enemy keep after defending your keep / take an outpost to cut off a keep and the take the keep while outpost is still yours etc.

A feature that auto groups people who wrote lfg twice in 10 minutes and gives them a reasonable objective like Grand Warlord XY orders you to take two resources and defend/capture a keep of your choice.

Oh man I hate it when the servers are down... I have so many ideas how good the game could be and cannot be discouraged by reality!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the idea of the supply train. Also agree that the keep levels should be more Powerfull.

It's pretty irrelevant right now, but would spice it up if the resource bonuses were alot more.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus - Tarvy I mean things too do that would add to the overall experience in Cyrodiil, maybe break up the zergs and just make some more objectives for players.

Some of these are great ideas!
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus - Tarvy I mean things too do that would add to the overall experience in Cyrodiil, maybe break up the zergs and just make some more objectives for players.

Well I have eight years of Sandbox PvP to fall back on for ideas and experience, guess I can mull some stuff over on the way back from work tonight and post again when I have something.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Turelus - Tarvy I mean things too do that would add to the overall experience in Cyrodiil, maybe break up the zergs and just make some more objectives for players.

Well I have eight years of Sandbox PvP to fall back on for ideas and experience, guess I can mull some stuff over on the way back from work tonight and post again when I have something.

I await with baited breath...
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an old thread...

✭✭✭✭
    This ties into an idea I had...

Come DARKBROTHERHOOD content, I'd love to see a "player bounty" with could be set by another player (think GTAO player set contracts).

Obviously this would only work within Cyrodill, but could create some fun for "hunters" and their "bounty". Bounties could be set with variable amounts of gold against a particular player. Other players could choose to boost the bounty against a particular player with add gold. A player could "buy out" their own bounty.

A player with a set bounty could be anywhere in Cyrodill, and anytime an action was taken (capture, kill, chevos), the map would get an icon featuring their last known location... or maybe the icon would track with them for a time (3 minutes?), then leave a "last known". Anyone accepting a bounty would appear on a list of hunters the target player could see, with the same tracking mechanism for hunters. Maybe hunters would have to buy into the bounty for gold... If the hunter could kill the hunters, he pot could be claimed.

GTAO has a mechanism where after "x" amount of time, is the targeted player is able to evade the kill, then the pot goes to him/her. I'd like to see as long as a percentage of the pot is added BEFORE expiration, then the clock could be extended. Logging out, or leaving cyrodill could either cancel the "contract", or simply halt the clock.

Somebody just killed you in PVP and you want revenge? Who ya gonna call? ;)

Adult hide, seek, and kill for fun and profit! :)
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »

lollll hahaha nice.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could put mini-games in the 20 minute load screens, that'd be great.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood missions, 1 side gets a mission to kill an NPC in enemy territory (or an enemy human player) and the target becomes flagged on the map similar to a scroll on the move, but only for the player who is the assassin.

Once the kill happens, they can only ride back to get their reward and other alliances can then see them as an assassin on the run where they are flagged for their bounty hunter. Rule set could be tweaked but that's the basic idea.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they could put mini-games in the 20 minute load screens, that'd be great.

+1

lol
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an old thread...

✭✭✭✭
    This ties into an idea I had...

Come DARKBROTHERHOOD content, I'd love to see a "player bounty" with could be set by another player (think GTAO player set contracts).

Obviously this would only work within Cyrodill, but could create some fun for "hunters" and their "bounty". Bounties could be set with variable amounts of gold against a particular player. Other players could choose to boost the bounty against a particular player with add gold. A player could "buy out" their own bounty.

A player with a set bounty could be anywhere in Cyrodill, and anytime an action was taken (capture, kill, chevos), the map would get an icon featuring their last known location... or maybe the icon would track with them for a time (3 minutes?), then leave a "last known". Anyone accepting a bounty would appear on a list of hunters the target player could see, with the same tracking mechanism for hunters. Maybe hunters would have to buy into the bounty for gold... If the hunter could kill the hunters, he pot could be claimed.

GTAO has a mechanism where after "x" amount of time, is the targeted player is able to evade the kill, then the pot goes to him/her. I'd like to see as long as a percentage of the pot is added BEFORE expiration, then the clock could be extended. Logging out, or leaving cyrodill could either cancel the "contract", or simply halt the clock.

Somebody just killed you in PVP and you want revenge? Who ya gonna call? ;)

Adult hide, seek, and kill for fun and profit! :)

Saw this after my post above and I've posted similar in the past. How dark brotherhood hasn't been incorporated into Cyrodiil is beyond me, it's a natural fit but then Zos is Zos.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean the 24x7 'chase the Destro ult choo-choo blob train isn't a mini-game?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any ideas for mini-games in Cyrodiil? This is something my guild and I discuss when we're on our horse simulators. I've heard some classics:
    • Kidnap the Emp

What do you mean by mini-games? some sort of game within a game that is played on a loading screen for example, or a puzzle?

Or are you talking about actual improved quests and gameplay mechanics for Cyrodiil?

If the latter, would be nice if there were a way to disguise yourself as enemy player, maybe enter enemy keep and assassinate some target.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on May 31, 2017 6:11AM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by mini-games? some sort of game within a game that is played on a loading screen for example, or a puzzle?

Or are you talking about actual improved quests and gameplay mechanics for Cyrodiil?

If the latter, would be nice if there were a way to disguise yourself as enemy player, maybe enter enemy keep and assassinate some target.

I mean mini-games that can somehow enhance the Cyrodiil experience and add to the war effort.

In Wabbajack we have started putting out contracts for ex-members who have swapped alliances. Show me a screenie to prove you have killed a certain player and get some gold... Hehe... ;)
    Edited by Nermy on May 31, 2017 7:37AM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Kidnap the Emp

Sketch of capturing mobile targets: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/232114/moving-flags-and-new-objects-for-pvp-in-the-cyrodiil-map-supply-and-prisoner-transport-etc
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only thing with this is that people wouldn't care, keep levels are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    The only way I could see people caring is adding loot (which would just became farming agreements) or actually making level five keeps meaningful by adding something like EVE's invulnerability timers.
    ie your keep gets to level five you can choose an eight hour block it becomes invulnerable to attack (night for most).

As for mini games are we talking game provided and meaningful to Cyrodiil as a whole or just player made things to have fun with?

Yeah, Keep ping-pong is not what they had in mind I think, and it isa bit stale. Level 5 kkeps need WAAAAY more defender's advantage, so there is a real desire to claim one, and a real advantage. Level 5 keeps should have some permutation of the old mercenaries added to the quartermaster, or maybe roaming NPC nukers walking the walls.

Also: Howabout a PvP enabled Public Dungeon? Cloud Ruler temple maybe?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

Yeah, Keep ping-pong is not what they had in mind I think, and it isa bit stale. Level 5 kkeps need WAAAAY more defender's advantage, so there is a real desire to claim one, and a real advantage. Level 5 keeps should have some permutation of the old mercenaries added to the quartermaster, or maybe roaming NPC nukers walking the walls.

Also: Howabout a PvP enabled Public Dungeon? Cloud Ruler temple maybe?

That could work. Could also be a PvP trial: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/277732/cloud-ruler-temple-as-a-pvp-trial-or-as-a-pvp-battleground

Either way would be fun. Trial or public dungeon.

For keeps, if you got a nice Alliance-wide AP bonus for each keep upgrade, but also a big bonus for capturing a highly upgraded keep, that would alter target selection and defense strategies. It could go with other changes to how keeps work like the ones you mentioned or something like them (don't have time to look up that link :tongue:).
    Edited by tinythinker on May 31, 2017 8:50PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this