The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Morrowind] Mag dk thoughts

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
Hello everyone since i havent found real information about mag dk here (only a yt vid and im at work and canot watch it) i start a morrowind mag dk pvp topic :)

back in homestead most mag dk went heavy armour (rattle) and 2* snb or 1*snb+restro staff

since mag dk got this fancy ha dmg buff skill which gives also major sorcery im not sure whats lit today!

did u guys some testing rounds and made a build which works well?
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are still grinding gear to test. Testing on PTS is not the same as when Cyrodiil is busy, and Cyrodiil is just winding back up too.

But I was running my Homestead gear with witchmothers instead of trifood last night and was fine. The only significant sustain problems I was having was when it would get laggy, a skill wouldn't go off and I'd hit it again, then they'd both go. Popping extra buffs and skills will run you dry fast.
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    since mag dk got this fancy ha dmg buff skill which gives also major sorcery

If you are talking about Molten armaments, that's unchanged. However heavy attack damage was nerfed so 40% extra damage now puts us just ahead of unbuffed heavy attacks in Homestead. Unless you are running a heavy attack build, Entropy is better IMO.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been testing my mDK since the last days of homestead. It was good, now is great.

Made a big change the other day. 5 shalks for 4 wyrd tree (wonderful set). 5 shalks was good on HS, but now it comes the rise of Wyrd tree in terms of sustain (5 pieces is good too)

Kept silks of the sun 5 pieces as dmg

and for monster, after trying a lot of set ups, I choose Sentinel of Rkugamz

My set up:

Main bar (2H)

Flame lash -> stone giant -> C blood -> crit rush -> radiant magelight -> U Ferocious

Back bar (flame staff)

Crush shock -> ele drain -> Vigor -> Volatile -> Igneous -> U EotS

Rotation: Full heavy -> ele drain -> crit rush -> stone giant -> whip weaved with LA. Ferocious to finish (ideally empowered)

So, if you see a crazy mDK spaming vigor with a flame staff, you know its me xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I've been testing my mDK since the last days of homestead. It was good, now is great.

Made a big change the other day. 5 shalks for 4 wyrd tree (wonderful set). 5 shalks was good on HS, but now it comes the rise of Wyrd tree in terms of sustain (5 pieces is good too)

Kept silks of the sun 5 pieces as dmg

and for monster, after trying a lot of set ups, I choose Sentinel of Rkugamz

My set up:

Main bar (2H)

Flame lash -> stone giant -> C blood -> crit rush -> radiant magelight -> U Ferocious

Back bar (flame staff)

Crush shock -> ele drain -> Vigor -> Volatile -> Igneous -> U EotS

Rotation: Full heavy -> ele drain -> crit rush -> stone giant -> whip weaved with LA. Ferocious to finish (ideally empowered)

So, if you see a crazy mDK spaming vigor with a flame staff, you know its me xD

How big is your vigor tooltip on an mDK?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5.8k burst + 4.5 k HoT unbuffed/6.4 k - 4.8k buffed without igneous/ 8k - 6.4k buffed with igneous (destro bar)*

6.5 k burst + 5.2k hot unbuffed/7.5K - 5.4k hot buffed without igneous/ 9.4k - 7.2k buffed with igneous (2h bar)

But it is not for healing just for proccing Sentinel. Needed a HoT and dropping flame staff for a resto staff was not an option.

(*)Destro purple. I think golden is gonna give a better tooltip.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique