Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ascending Tide DLC (High Isle Chapter) Builds for all Classes and Guides - AlcastHQ.com

• wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work updating all those builds and keeping all of us informed and with a solid base to build upon.
    Regarding your updated stam sorc build, a couple of things:
    can you please write down the rotation you'll be using for the Morrowind patch and if there's a place for Crit Surge on your bars, i am thinking about replacing Caltrops with Surge.
    Thanks in advance
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Magsorc netch build is pretty baller, any rework of CP to incorporate a nirnhoned lightning maelstrom?
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commenting so I can find this again.

Stamblade needed plz!
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • q.destiny.qb14_ESO
    q.destiny.qb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Your guides are great for noobs like me.

Just one question for the magicka dk pve build: The alternative valkyn 7 light armor set description mentions more sustain due to not being 511 like the one above, but the BiS one above with grothdarr is also a 7 light armor set. Is that to say the BiS one should be 511?

Thanks
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    Magsorc netch build is pretty baller, any rework of CP to incorporate a nirnhoned lightning maelstrom?

Im quite interested in this question as well

Also Im interested in how to sustain with a magicka and stamina sorcerer, I have found myself spending most of my time doing heavy attack, didnt enjoy it. Would really appreciate if someone could share the rotation and details on how to sustain through those builds.
    Edited by Morgul667 on May 27, 2017 4:32AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    commenting so I can find this again.

Stamblade needed plz!

Go to thread title and hit the star shape symbol, it will add to bookmarks ;) , then you click on the star shaped symbol beside your messages to access :)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to your stamina NB build. Thnxs for your research
    PC-NA
  • SuicideRoach
    SuicideRoach
    ✭✭
    Thoughts on defiler for the Stam sorc?
  • Flaygarth
    Flaygarth
    Soul Shriven
    Really useful as I've been away for a bit, and now looking again at all my characters. Your guides are saving me so much time - heartfelt thanks!
    Edited by Flaygarth on May 28, 2017 6:07AM
  • OrdinatorInMourning
    I have one question. Why do you use Warlord CP in PVE builds? It's strange because mobs don't have resource regen. Isn't it better to put remaining champion points into dodge roll and break free reduce cost?

UPD: Lol sorry, I just felt asleep and forgot about Siphoning...
    Edited by OrdinatorInMourning on May 29, 2017 4:32AM
    PC/EU.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure you are quite busy, but is there any chance you are willing to test out a hybrid warden dps build? Not for endgame PvE or PvP but just for normal dungeons/trials and possibly soloing a few dungeons ^^
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast , Thank you for your awesome guides!

U didn't use all the CP in your Venom build ! :)
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Belidos wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have a templar magicka build that's good for soloing, but can be used for healing if i decide to group do you?

not really nope, you can look at reliever healer and beamplar damage dealer build and combine some stuff tho :)
    A couple of questions from a noob about your Warden Healer build, if you have the time -- I realize your stuff is probably aimed more at veterans, so if you don't have time for hand-holding, no offense taken, at all. :smile:

For reference, I've been comfortably healing on a templar for normal mode dungeons, but am only now approaching the CPs I need to start looking at veteran content. I love the warden aesthetic though so I am looking to main warden healer.

Specific questions:

Why Healing Ward over Bursting Vines? I realize Ward scales higher on very low health targets, but Vines seems to heal for more for cheaper, at slightly reduced range (but wardens seem to benefit from positioning a ton anyways, so).

Why Healing Springs AND Budding Seeds? Springs does return magicka, but so do Green Balance skills with the passive (though I haven't tested how much). Otherwise they seem to fill a very similar role, and you get more oomph from Green Balance skills the more you have on your bar (again, with passive). Maybe I'm just using Seeds incorrectly, lol.

Why no Lotus Blossom? Free heals from attacking -- which I understand will be more necessary now that sustain has taken a hit -- and crits seem pretty nice.

Why no Leeching Vines? A HoT for the target and for the DPS? Is the cooldown on the proc prohibitive?

I'm not arguing these points, I'm just trying to understand why you pass over some of the GB skills for resto staff ones. :smile:

Hey, there is a lot of good options, in the end go with what you like more.

Healing ward gives you a "Bolster". So if someone gets damage and you shield him up you have time to heal him back to full health before shield drops. Plus you dont need to look out where the target is, gives you a bit room to breathe.

If you have both skills on the ground at the same time it will give you insane healing over time, on top of that budding seeds have a synergie so a tank could use it for a burst heal & to activate sets like alkosh etc.

Lotus Blossom, you could use it in a dungeon, because it only hits you & 1 other target so its not THAT much of a heal. But ye in a 4man dungeon could be nice.

Leeching Vines, just feels the heal is not strong enough when you compare it to springs or Seeds.

You could def use both Lotus and Vines to get more healing over time. Your suggestions work also very great, its mostly just personal preference.
    wesmont65 wrote: »
    First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work updating all those builds and keeping all of us informed and with a solid base to build upon.
    Regarding your updated stam sorc build, a couple of things:
    can you please write down the rotation you'll be using for the Morrowind patch and if there's a place for Crit Surge on your bars, i am thinking about replacing Caltrops with Surge.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks :) Once I do the buildvideo I will show off the rotation in my video and write it down on the website. Yes replacing caltrops is a good idea, caltrops are insanely expensive. You could also remove bound armaments and gain 2 free slots, tho you would drop a bit of max stamina.

if you use nirnhoned staves make sure to use 58 points in Spell Erosion. Take stuff out a bit from every CP perk and put it there.
    Your guides are great for noobs like me.

Just one question for the magicka dk pve build: The alternative valkyn 7 light armor set description mentions more sustain due to not being 511 like the one above, but the BiS one above with grothdarr is also a 7 light armor set. Is that to say the BiS one should be 511?

Thanks

Basically, if you have no sustain issues with 511 setup, then use the 511 setup because you have more resources which means more damage. Most ppl have sustain issues so a 7 light setup might be better.
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Im quite interested in this question as well

Also Im interested in how to sustain with a magicka and stamina sorcerer, I have found myself spending most of my time doing heavy attack, didnt enjoy it. Would really appreciate if someone could share the rotation and details on how to sustain through those builds.

If you use Witchmothers brew and MAgicka Drain Poisons that should give you enough sustain. Just make sure to get some extra health as your HP drops with Witchmothers brew. If that is still not enough then use 1 more recovery glyph
    Thoughts on defiler for the Stam sorc?

for dungeons and solo you can use it, but its not "Super good" in terms of damage as the 5piece bonus is pretty weak.
    Flaygarth wrote: »
    Really useful as I've been away for a bit, and now looking again at all my characters. Your guides are saving me so much time - heartfelt thanks!

Thanks! :)
    I have one question. Why do you use Warlord CP in PVE builds? It's strange because mobs don't have resource regen. Isn't it better to put remaining champion points into dodge roll and break free reduce cost?

UPD: Lol sorry, I just felt asleep and forgot about Siphoning...

Warlord is break free, the reason i put it there for new trial you need to break free a lot. But yes you can also invest into dodgeroll.
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I am sure you are quite busy, but is there any chance you are willing to test out a hybrid warden dps build? Not for endgame PvE or PvP but just for normal dungeons/trials and possibly soloing a few dungeons ^^

Hey, once of my buddies tested a hybrid warden build, was quite weak compared to normal setups, but no clue how much he tested it. What kind of setups would you have thought about it? It can definitely work for solo & dungeons I guess. Ye time time time :P hehe
    @Alcast , Thank you for your awesome guides!

U didn't use all the CP in your Venom build ! :)

ok updated it thanks! Have to check the other setups too maybe same issue

29.05.2017 Added Stamina NB DD Build
    Edited by Alcast on May 29, 2017 9:57AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast Im a Templar Healer. What could I use in PvP? Light or Heavy Armor? 6L/1H, or 5L/2H, or 5L/1H/1M for more Stamina, or what? Impenetrable? Seducer set? Lich set? Sword & Shield or dual staves?

Thank you!
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Really helpful insight all around. Thanks!
    Edited by Ruse on May 29, 2017 8:30PM
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

thank you for these updated guides, most websites are still stuck to pre-Morrowind as of now.

I hope you don't mind about some feedback. Currently I am interested in this Sorc build.
    1. Please put a sample rotation
    2. If possible, post a DPS parse so we know which kind of performance we are able to achieve
    3. Nested menus (in example, the second, PvE builds) have an issue on Firefox latest version. Between a menu and its sub-menu there are several empty pixels. Hovering from the parent menu to the child, the mouse has to travel on empty space and this makes the whole menu close. Only way to circumvent this problem is to hover the menus VERY fast, but it's still a pain.
    Edited by Vahrokh on May 31, 2017 3:49PM
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @Alcast I'm not sure if you have answered this previously and I apologize if you have. I have a magsorc and will be using you netch build. I have a maelstrom lightning staff charged and a masters lightning staff infused. Is it better to use these or random lightning staves sharpened? This is for end game trials. Thanks for your time!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to figure out the nirnhoned vs. infused dillema, does the weapon damage enchant cooldown start on enchant proc or completion? 185 average vs. 292.

I'm a console noob, so just trying to gear up a bit before prices get jacked for Morrowind.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast

The only two things I am set on is playing altmer and wearing medium armor (5med 2 light atm) So far i have actually been enjoying the build a lot, but i feel like the survival rate is dismal, tougher mobs just annihilate me. Would it make sense to work off your warden tank build and just scale back the tankiness a bit in favor of more magicka/melee dps?

Most of what I want to mess with is what set bonuses to use, ideally crafted as I am not really big on farming gear. For leveling, I have been using shacklebreaker mainly, with dropped sets from auridon for jewelry.
    On my mag sorc (no pet, all crafted gear with willpower jewelry) I was able to solo some dungeons. It took some time but I could do it. I would love to arrive at a similar situation with my warden, not necessarily killing fast, but maximizing solo utility and survival on difficult mobs.

One of the things I was wondering is if it would be worthwhile to sacrifice the medium AND light armor 5 pc in favor of 3 medium 4 light for better light armor passives, because at the moment the medium armor passives dont do me much good.

Anyhoo, I know its a bit of a mess, but it would be interesting to see if this concept could be optimized at all. I am not holding out a lot of hope hehe
  • sonxio
    sonxio
    where's the templar tank build? :'(

Time flies like an arrow, banana flies like banana.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any 2h Stamina DK build with Brawler? :smile:

Thanks !
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @Alcast Im a Templar Healer. What could I use in PvP? Light or Heavy Armor? 6L/1H, or 5L/2H, or 5L/1H/1M for more Stamina, or what? Impenetrable? Seducer set? Lich set? Sword & Shield or dual staves?

Thank you!

I would use Heavy Armor, synergies really well with Templar healers in pvp. 511 for max stats or 52 for bit more cost reduction. I would try 5x Seducer and 5x Alteration Master and 2x Monster Set
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Hello,

thank you for these updated guides, most websites are still stuck to pre-Morrowind as of now.

I hope you don't mind about some feedback. Currently I am interested in this Sorc build.
    1. Please put a sample rotation
    2. If possible, post a DPS parse so we know which kind of performance we are able to achieve
    3. Nested menus (in example, the second, PvE builds) have an issue on Firefox latest version. Between a menu and its sub-menu there are several empty pixels. Hovering from the parent menu to the child, the mouse has to travel on empty space and this makes the whole menu close. Only way to circumvent this problem is to hover the menus VERY fast, but it's still a pain.

1. In the video i explained the rotation, once I have time I will also add them to the build so people can check it there.
    2. I will add dps parses with setups that I tried, just need more time
    3. hmm weird, I will update the theme and that might fix it, when was this firefox update?
    Earrindo wrote: »
    @Alcast

The only two things I am set on is playing altmer and wearing medium armor (5med 2 light atm) So far i have actually been enjoying the build a lot, but i feel like the survival rate is dismal, tougher mobs just annihilate me. Would it make sense to work off your warden tank build and just scale back the tankiness a bit in favor of more magicka/melee dps?

Most of what I want to mess with is what set bonuses to use, ideally crafted as I am not really big on farming gear. For leveling, I have been using shacklebreaker mainly, with dropped sets from auridon for jewelry.
    On my mag sorc (no pet, all crafted gear with willpower jewelry) I was able to solo some dungeons. It took some time but I could do it. I would love to arrive at a similar situation with my warden, not necessarily killing fast, but maximizing solo utility and survival on difficult mobs.

One of the things I was wondering is if it would be worthwhile to sacrifice the medium AND light armor 5 pc in favor of 3 medium 4 light for better light armor passives, because at the moment the medium armor passives dont do me much good.

Anyhoo, I know its a bit of a mess, but it would be interesting to see if this concept could be optimized at all. I am not holding out a lot of hope hehe

Ye play around with some abilities, its a new class and I think you just have to get used to it a bit and then it should work. MAybe take off some damage skills and replace them with support/healing skills.

What build are you trying? And i highly recommend using 5x of a certain armor type. As a mage 5xlight, as a stam 5x medium
    sonxio wrote: »
    where's the templar tank build? :'(

Have to start working on that first, no ETA yet :open_mouth:

Any 2h Stamina DK build with Brawler? :smile:

Thanks !

I tried StamDK 2H but wasnt rly "happy" with it. For now check out my stamsorc 2H build and you can adapt it to DK i think.

03.06.2017 Added Stamina Sorcerer 2H DD Build
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-2h-build-pve/

https://youtu.be/_oORctifxPM
    Edited by Alcast on June 3, 2017 10:26AM

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

1. In the video i explained the rotation, once I have time I will also add them to the build so people can check it there.
    3. hmm weird, I will update the theme and that might fix it, when was this firefox update?

Hello,

1. Since people are going to experiment different builds, having a quick written cheat sheet is very good, better than going every time to find out where in a video it's explained. Nothing fancy, something like Tambriel Foundry's builds. Example: "Potion > Shooting Star > Liquid Lightning > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Pet Pulse > LA > Curse > Swap > LA > Force Pulse > LA > Crystal Frags".
    2. Cool, thanks!
    3. Version is: Firefox 52.1.2 (64 bit) ESR. I don't recall the exact update day, it's 2-3 weeks old if I recall correctly.

Edited by Vahrokh on June 3, 2017 9:29PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking at your mag Sorc pet build, what dps do you get from that?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One last question sir, why (on stam sorc) would you opt for Hunding's Rage instead of Spriggan for the vMA loadout?
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Leeching Vines on my tank warden!

Lifesteal doesn't scale with anything really and it's equivalent to a slightly weaker 1 cast "rapid regen" for the entire trial group.

I don't think leeching vines should be a healer skill, it's more utility.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Hello,

1. Since people are going to experiment different builds, having a quick written cheat sheet is very good, better than going every time to find out where in a video it's explained. Nothing fancy, something like Tambriel Foundry's builds. Example: "Potion > Shooting Star > Liquid Lightning > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Pet Pulse > LA > Curse > Swap > LA > Force Pulse > LA > Crystal Frags".
    2. Cool, thanks!
    3. Version is: Firefox 52.1.2 (64 bit) ESR. I don't recall the exact update day, it's 2-3 weeks old if I recall correctly.

Ye, I will try. Dont have plenty of time because exams drop on soon And that with the Firefox I will try to update all plugins soon maybe that might fix it.

dps in new trial? Depends, its the build most of our ppl in hodor are running atm, or they also run petbuild.
    One last question sir, why (on stam sorc) would you opt for Hunding's Rage instead of Spriggan for the vMA loadout?

It depends, if you have one of the sets already just use what you have. Otherwise I guess i would go for spriggan as penetration is very important.

I put up warden Tank video now. Works well in dungeons but not tested in trials. At least they did not nerf this tank build.....yet :trollface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qu89qqkWZM
    Edited by Alcast on June 6, 2017 10:25PM

• Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Tested the stamsorc 2h build this week, and it performed really well, could get 60k dps in vAA on the mage in HM, and it was my first run with that build, so there is still much room for improvement.

Thumbs up!
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Hello @Alcast. How do you get 18k health on your mag Templar healer build without health enchantments and with witchmother food? I get like 16k with my cp420 argonien. All attribute points in Magicka.

Don't have to mention I die alot now :)
    Soon cp1000

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Hello,

2. Cool, thanks!

Ye, I will try. Dont have plenty of time because exams drop on soon And that with the Firefox I will try to update all plugins soon maybe that might fix it.

dps in new trial? Depends, its the build most of our ppl in hodor are running atm, or they also run petbuild.

It depends, if you have one of the sets already just use what you have. Otherwise I guess i would go for spriggan as penetration is very important.

I put up warden Tank video now. Works well in dungeons but not tested in trials. At least they did not nerf this tank build.....yet :trollface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qu89qqkWZM

Nice! Glad to hear that hehe. I still have some issues staying alive sometimes hehe
    Flips wrote: »
    Hello @Alcast. How do you get 18k health on your mag Templar healer build without health enchantments and with witchmother food? I get like 16k with my cp420 argonien. All attribute points in Magicka.

Don't have to mention I die alot now :)

1. Run Valkyn Monster set which gives you an aditional bonus.
    2. Put some points into the Health attribute till you reach about 17-18k health.

When you get more Championpoints you will also gain more health, do not forget that :)

Uploaded Stam DK DD Build for Morrowind, prolly one of the strongest setups in this update in terms of single target, difficult to play tho!

https://youtu.be/E7-1RniZtlM
    Edited by Alcast on June 10, 2017 1:19PM