The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Crown Store Suggestion] Instant Research Completed

• Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible, horrible, bad idea. ESO does not need to be pay to win as others have stated.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if ZOS puts it in Crown Crates with a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% drop rate.

In other words, no.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    Terrible, horrible, bad idea. ESO does not need to be pay to win as others have stated.
    Please tell me I am not the only one who read this in a Trump voice in their head.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw my answer into the discussion as a defiant "NO!!" as well.

Yes, it's tedious. Yes, it's frustrating, especially when you find an item you want to research now but all slots are filled.

This is called "character development" and take this out of the game, all that's left is a typical FPS.

This idiocy of wanting everything on day one should have people re-evaluate if this is the game for them.

PS: it takes about 6 MONTHS to research everything. No time for this? Go play CoD.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeeeeeaaahhh . . . no. This seems a little lazy and pay to win
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    no, no and NO!

The addition of that would devalue everything that all master crafters have worked for over the past 3 years.

Get ESO+ and the most you are looking at is 21 days.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO plus, and i have been playing since Feburary 8th, 2014.

I am just tired of always researching on new characters and it taking so long. I already have a character that has learned 9 in everything.

Edited by johnnified on March 30, 2017 3:23AM
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    johnnified wrote: »
    I don't care if it is priced at 1,500 or 2,000 crowns.

Zenimax, can you please add a scroll in the Crown Store that lets you instantly complete the CURRENT under going research of ONE item? I would be happy to pay 2,000c (crowns) for not having to wait almost 64 days for a research (or less). It doesn't even have to be in the crownstore. It can be an extra UI button on the research tabs that say "Complete" at the bottom that has a scaled price of crowns for the current research. Like for example, 4 hours on the first trait you research, it will display 50/75crowns. with the maximum being 2,000 Crowns. There are so many things you have to research, I am sure you will make a lot of money off it seeing this is an option for individual item completion, not all of the researches at once.

I don't think that is a good idea. Sorry I got so worked up over it, I'll try to be calmer in the next thread.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no thank you, that is a terrible, awful idea, and I hope they never introduce anything like this. Crafting was once an incredibly important part of this game. Sadly, lately Zenimax have apparently begun to devalue it. The last thing crafting needs is to become completely worthless, by introducing quick and easy shortcuts.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol this is the one of the few posts on forum that people are standing together with a firm stance. Usually there are people arguing / attacking each other

OP, you were like Molag Bal and helped the forum people forging an alliance across Tamriel. Great work +1
  • Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    10 - 20% reduce time is acceptable for me
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭

RW3XHu6.jpg
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    In EQ2 there are 'research assistants' much like how we just research ourselves and do daily crafting quests, that reward bonus potions like a few hours of X% increase in rare harvest chance, a few hours taken off your research time, and other nifty potions. If it was rewarded randomly I'd be okay with that, but not on the store... just.. no.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way I spent nearly a year to get all my traits.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No wouldn't be fair on all of those that had to put so much hard work to get all 9 traits , so how can I put this NO No no just no
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭

I spent 6 months getting my horses capped off, and now you can do it in 2 minutes.

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »

I spent 6 months getting my horses capped off, and now you can do it in 2 minutes.

Don't quote me but hasn't crown riding lessons always been there
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, Zos listens.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    freespirit wrote: »
    No you have to earn the right to be a master crafter, it's long and slow.

Oh btw you do know there are passives that reduce research times?

Also ESO+ reduces them further bringing down the 9th Trait research to around 30 days :)

This 100%, adding such an option to the crown store would be a big middle finger to the people who have spent many hours and days researching.

I agree with you completely and am against such a feature in the crown store! I'm not a crafter and am casual but am slowly going through the research and I do NOT want to see an instant way to get past this. This would be a slap in the face to all master crafters out there!

Why are people so self-entitled and against the thought of putting time and effort into anything anymore? FFS it's getting ridiculous! The scroll they added to reduce the research time by 1 day is bad enough so this is just a big NO! Lazy self-entitled millenials!
    Edited by BloodWolfe on May 26, 2017 3:23PM
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

Also ESO+ reduces them further bringing down the 9th Trait research to around 30 days :)

This 100%, adding such an option to the crown store would be a big middle finger to the people who have spent many hours and days researching.

I agree with you completely and am against such a feature in the crown store! I'm not a crafter and am casual but am slowly going through the research and I do NOT want to see an instant way to get past this. This would be a slap in the face to all master crafters out there!

Why are people so self-entitled and against the thought of putting time and effort into anything anymore? FFS it's getting ridiculous! The scroll they added to reduce the research time by 1 day is bad enough so this is just a big NO! Lazy self-entitled millenials!

I already have a mastercrafter with 9 traits.

This has nothing to do with being a "millenial". It is just tiresome doing it on every character as a completionist.

Nothing to loose your pants and bra over.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

don't know why you're bringing up "millenial" *** lol. I don't think that this should be in the crown store either, but it has nothing to do with being self-entitled. Suggesting something/having a discussion doesn't mean someone thinks he's entitled to whatever he's suggesting...
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer