Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

server state unplayable (24/7)

blimsta
blimsta
✭✭✭
The inconsistency of the server response time makes the game feel unplayable along with its unforgiving game play. One mistake or one instance of unresponsive UI can mean certain death. And thats just a duel within a non-pvp non-overloaded area.

UK to Frankfurt.
6257385428.png

Tracing route to 195.122.154.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms RT-N56U [192.168.1.1]
2 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms bottomless.aa.net.uk [81.187.81.187]
3 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms d.aimless.thn.aa.net.uk [90.155.53.44]
4 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms 83.217.238.93
5 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae-2.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.131]
6 14 ms 15 ms 15 ms 80.150.170.105
7 23 ms 23 ms 22 ms 217.239.45.250
8 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms 195.122.154.1

Trace complete.
Edited by blimsta on April 29, 2017 8:49AM
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    Tech support 0
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    Take my money and run. No wonder they had to make it f2p just its bs for those of us wgho have bought the game and dlc.

So I hope you can understand when I say this game has to be the biggest pile of *** I've ever played and that being nice.
  • Dawre
    Dawre
    Measure next time with server in US since the game servers are mostly located in USA cause in EU its just relay server whats relying all information to the US.

6264541046.png

Wow as example server are as different programed type of game located EU across anybody even you can rent a server and upload game setup experience is different.

Biggest issue right now not only ESO and few other games I had to deal with is IPv6 since the release 5 years ago and forced on users causing majority of internet connection problems. The stupid IPv6 was broken before 2012 and is still not fixed! to And its forced upon you as user. The stupid thing Is integrated in windows 10 and few other things and you cannot remove it.Another one is IPv6 is broken and a open hole in security and any baby kid hacker uses it today to breach security systems and gains access to what ever they want. They even bombard servers with data to shut them down over IPv6 while another joke is majority games even up to today and internet companies still use IPv4.

There other issues running windows 10 and other stuff checking system settings and integrated software's. I got a headache from all the crap that windows 10 contains and recent modems. And its Packed with that limits your FPS and general internet performance to other stuff it made me almost to trow up. Started to get aversion to deal with anything related lately with PC and any phone or modem hardware.
    Edited by Dawre on May 2, 2017 10:42AM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawre wrote: »
    Measure next time with server in US since the game servers are mostly located in USA cause in EU its just relay server whats relying all information to the US.

Incorrect. The EU megaserver is located at the European Datacenter in Germany.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blimsta wrote: »
    The inconsistency of the server response time makes the game feel unplayable along with its unforgiving game play. One mistake or one instance of unresponsive UI can mean certain death. And thats just a duel within a non-pvp non-overloaded area.

UK to Frankfurt.
    6257385428.png

Tracing route to 195.122.154.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms RT-N56U [192.168.1.1]
    2 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms bottomless.aa.net.uk [81.187.81.187]
    3 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms d.aimless.thn.aa.net.uk [90.155.53.44]
    4 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms 83.217.238.93
    5 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae-2.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.131]
    6 14 ms 15 ms 15 ms 80.150.170.105
    7 23 ms 23 ms 22 ms 217.239.45.250
    8 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms 195.122.154.1

Trace complete.

are you sure it is not your internet connection? or wi-fi signal?
  • Dawre
    Dawre
    Rhoric wrote: »

Wrong Megaserver its NOT 1 server its a server software setting that bind Multiple servers and with different Setting and parameters.

Here copy paste:

What is MegaServer?
    Megaserver is a new scaling server technology that allows to house all players on one server but in different worlds. The main feature of the technology is flexibility. It allows to maintain the same amount of players in a particular “world”.
    It is not one server. No, it is group of servers with modern hardware that work together.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what a megaserver is. I have been here alot longer than you have. I am a beta tester and have been here since 2014. The EU megaserver is located in Germany. There is the NA megaserver and EU megaserver. NA is located in Texas. EU is in Germany.

• Dawre
    Dawre
    LOL ok go and do this

Open an Administrator Command Prompt
    Click Start
    Search for cmd
    Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
    Accept the warning to continue
    Open the Task Manager: CTRL+SHIFT+Esc
    Start your game and connect
    After connected, Press ALT+TAB one or more times to switch to Windows Task Manager
    Look through the list and identify the Image Name which corresponds to your game (in this example: MyGame.exe)
    Now switch to the Administrator Command Prompt and type: netstat -bn

Get the IP you connected with ESO to server and then look up where the server is where you got connected.
    Germany has nothing to do where you get connected or re routed to what server you get put from Megaserver software...,..
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what a megaserver is. I have been here alot longer than you have. I am a beta tester and have been here since 2014. The EU megaserver is located in Germany. There is the NA megaserver and EU megaserver. NA is located in Texas. EU is in Germany.

What he said. All roads lead to the Frankfurt data center as the location of the EU PC megaserver.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's great info and Thank You for telling us.
    but where is the US NA server located ?
    that is the main server for the United States. and where i think personally is the trouble for high ping.
    i have tried to find the US NA server ...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/71672/server-location-where

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4070343#Comment_4070343

it seems no one knows the true location of the server ...
    or do you know it's True Location ?
  • Dawre
    Dawre
    Run Administrator Command Prompt and type: netstat -bn get the IP to the server you connected on ESO.64 exe or 32 exe and see which server you on.

Me currently is connected from EU on server in Ireland Dublin that's where megaserver software has put me on even if you select EU region you have no control where you get put from the software.
    Edited by Dawre on May 2, 2017 10:40PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is the main server for the United States. and where i think personally is the trouble for high ping.

Dallas, Texas
    Run Administrator Command Prompt and type: netstat -bn get the IP to the server you connected on ESO.64 exe or 32 exe and see which server you on.

Me currently is connected from EU on server in Ireland Dublin that's where megaserver software has put me on even if you select EU region you have no control where you get put from the software.

ESO uses a lot of connections. Make sure you are looking at the right one. You want the one that looks like 159.100.23x.xxx. That is the megaserver connection.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that the name of the program is BELOW the line. That throws a lot of people off because they expect it to be above the line. The new Bethesda launcher makes things a little easier, since those connections are now clearly different.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 2, 2017 10:50PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it's not in texas.
    if you had read the links i provided you would see that.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it's not in texas.
    if you had read the links i provided you would see that.

I repeat: Dallas, Texas.

The last hop before getting into ZeniMax was through a Level 3 IP address located in Dallas, Texas.

4.69.145.75 (ae-2-70.edge2.Dallas1.Level3.net) AS3356

Here is a route through AT&T instead of Level 3.

12.122.100.77 (gar24.dlstx.ip.att.net) AS7018

"dlstx" is AT&T speek for Dallas Texas

Edit: re-read sounded condescending when I was trying for just being a little light hearted.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 2, 2017 11:29PM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4070343#Comment_4070343

Here this help article will help you understand where they are located.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6421/kw/megaserver location
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6421/kw/megaserver location

Bah. Despite my signature, never thought to look there. I searched the forum, instead.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome information. thank you.
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    The server isnt located in us but thanks for the spam.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be rude or people are gonna stop trying to help you.
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    lol help
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    This is directed at zenimax, I'm perfectly aware of my connections performance :wink:

I'm sorry I don't do videos of my knowledge but I'm sure you can find plenty on tubeface.
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    eu server down on last boss while in dungeon , GREAT JOB ZENIMAX give us more crown crates instead of improving server stability/ adding new hardware, login log out crash and freeze - 6th may 2017
    Edited by Anunakis on May 6, 2017 4:44PM
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    0(
    Edited by blimsta on May 26, 2017 2:18AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell those people in Texas to stop shooting holes in the Internet . Good gawd connection is bad today .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell those people in Texas to stop shooting holes in the Internet . Good gawd connection is bad today .

if (packet.destination() is Rohamad_Ali.location()) then packet.detour(Antartica)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if (packet.destination() is Rohamad_Ali.location()) then packet.detour(Antartica)

Luke-Skywalker.jpg
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on May 26, 2017 2:55AM