The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Cannot turn in daily crafting writs at Consortium Tradepost in Vivec City (Morrowind)

SimeonTregarth
I created a new Warden character in Morrowind. I did the certification quests for all six tradeskills. I accepted the daily crafting writs from the bulletin boards in Vivec City and crafted all the necessary items. Each crafting quest says "Deliver goods to Consortium Tradepost". I went to the Consortium Tradepost on the docks in Vivec City and only the Blacksmithing writ can be turned in. None of the other writs can be turned in at this location. When I select the "Show on map" it tells me I need to go to Davon's Watch in Stonefells.

I should not be forced to go to the mainland this early just to turn in crafting writs. The Consortium Tradepost in Vivec City is obviously bugged as it should be accepting all six crafting writ turn-ins.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue on my newly created warden character. I learned to craft all 6 crafts and was able to accept and complete all 6 writs. When I went to turn in the writs in Morrowind, I was only able to turn in the blacksmithing writ but nothing else. The other writ boxes are not interactable to turn in the writs.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    North American megaserver, PC

New Dunmer Warden, level 6

Same thing here. Except I could not even turn in the blacksmith writ.

According to the map the tradepost is on the docks near Synda Imyan. But the white arrow points under the docks... same place that the arrow was pointing for the hooded figure on the revamped main story quest "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour" in PTS.
    Edited by Ashnarug on May 24, 2017 5:49PM
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    I tested SimeonTregarth's info that the tradepost was on the mainland. And YES it is there ! I hope this will be rectified.

I also started the revamped "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour". Not much of a choice, as soon as you exit the wayshrine the hooded figure accosts you.

The text for the main story quest has not been modified for its new beginning thought, maybe a little rewrite is in order ?

Also, at the end of "Soul Shriven" I had two skyshard collected but the skill page still shows 0/381... 381 being the total number before the introduction of Morrowind this also need to be fixed - found and total.

Okay, time to start anew. Let's retire this character and start fresh.
    Edited by Ashnarug on May 24, 2017 6:41PM
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • ParryForte
    ParryForte
    Soul Shriven
    I should not be forced to go to the mainland this early just to turn in crafting writs. The Consortium Tradepost in Vivec City is obviously bugged as it should be accepting all six crafting writ turn-ins.

I can't find out where the Tradepost is - all I get is a waypoint to return to the mainland. This is trash, doing a crafting writ shouldn't need you to get a passport and hop on a plane.
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    Same here (pc/na). Could only turn in one writ-no others. Made a new warden. She is level 10 now.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    Also, at the end of "Soul Shriven" I had two skyshard collected but the skill page still shows 0/381... 381 being the total number before the introduction of Morrowind this also need to be fixed - found and total.

Okay my mistake. The page skill skyshard count is part of the add-on "Skyshard" by Garkin and Ayantir. The add-on update came out this morning.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    This isn't a bug but we recognize it could be clearer and are looking to improve it sooner than later. You turn in lower-tier crafting writs and max-tier crafting writs at different locations. We recommend checking your quest journal for that specific crafting writ to see where it's directing you for the turn-in.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a bug but we recognize it could be clearer and are looking to improve it sooner than later. You turn in lower-tier crafting writs and max-tier crafting writs at different locations. We recommend checking your quest journal for that specific crafting writ to see where it's directing you for the turn-in.

I think you didn't understand the issue, which I also experienced:

All 6 writs are tier 1, on a newly created character. You can turn in the tier 1 writ for blacksmithing, but not the other 5. I can't imagine that this is intended.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please for the love of Vivec just let us turn in writs in any city!

We can collect them in any city, why not turn in too?

I have some charaachters that want to live in Riften but just can't... others that now want to move to Vivec city, but can't... others that want to live in Deshaan... but can't!

They are all stuck in dusty Belkarth because of the writs!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

I have some charaachters that want to live in Riften but just can't... others that now want to move to Vivec city, but can't... others that want to live in Deshaan... but can't!

This, This, This, THIS, erm... this and uh... THIS!

Please can we just go where ever we want and do our writs and turn them in at that location as well. Surely there must be a way to change the way it's coded to put the reward check on the quest not the location handed in.

If there was a quality of life item which would make everyone happy this would be the one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This, This, This, THIS, erm... this and uh... THIS!

Please can we just go where ever we want and do our writs and turn them in at that location as well. Surely there must be a way to change the way it's coded to put the reward check on the quest not the location handed in.

If there was a quality of life item which would make everyone happy this would be the one.

At the risk of seemingly agreeing with everything Tarvy is saying these days.... :D

This would be my number 1, 2 & 3 Quality of life improvement item in ESO.... and given the popularity of writs these days I would say it would be right up there for most people.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The multiple location hand in thing has put this one off training up many of her apprentices in crafting.

If a choice of hand in locations is not possible then perhaps let the hand in location scale to the highest location perhaps yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you please take another look at this, and acknowledge that this is a bug?
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭

Why in the first place is a tradepost established in Vivec if we cannot use it ?

Maybe a question that could be asked during ESO Live this afternoon.

PS: Finally found the tradepost on another dock (different from the dock the bue arrow is pointing on the map) but like everybody else could not turn in anything but the blacksmith writ.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    same problem. can't get rewards in vivek on any character. New ones should go to alliance city, old ones to craglorn as before\
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Lichbane
    Lichbane
    ✭✭

Errr .... YES IT IS A BUG!

I've got to hand in at the Consortium Tradepost and there it's not there. There's some woman on the docks where the quest marker is, but she doesn't accept the hand in.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here, but yesterday I could turn in the other writs in Davon's Watch.
    Today it doesn't seem to work anymore but I continue trying :)

Edit: tried again, here what worked for me: first deliver the blacksmithing writ in Vivec City, then go to the mainland, e.g. Davon's Watch for EP or Daggerfall for DC and deliver the other five there. It's a workaround but it works for me ;)
    Let me know if this does help someone.
    Edited by woufff on May 27, 2017 9:36AM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I could only turn in the Blacksmithing Writ. This is a bug and should be addressed. My new toon should not have to travel miles away just to turn in a writ, when the place is already in her hometown. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get with one Tamriel, why they still insist that we hand in craft writs at the different areas - just swap it so you can hand in at any consortium, I have one character with crafting on multiple levels and it's a nuisance having to bounce all over the map to hand them in.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could only turn in the Blacksmithing Writ. This is a bug and should be addressed. My new toon should not have to travel miles away just to turn in a writ, when the place is already in her hometown. I hope this gets fixed soon.

yeah, the same on 1 new warden. second warden can't delliver any daily in Vivec, and old characters cannot also
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Noms
    Noms
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this as well for a newly created character, went and certified all crafts and then picked up and completed the writs for all crafts, but at the Vivec docks you can only interact with the Blacksmith container.

This is definitely a bug since it's working for Blacksmith but none of the others and they are all the same low level writs.

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I agree, imagine EP chap turning in the writs in AD... little awkward :P
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/signed
    /he'sgotmyvote

I really want this also. Ever since One Tamriel made levels of zones irrelevant it would make more sense to turn our writs in anywhere, and it could be done with a simple database change to make all writ delivery locations identical name and all writ quests to use that same name, just like the writ boards apparently already do in code.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    As much as I agree, imagine EP chap turning in the writs in AD... little awkward :P

It's not awkward getting the writ for Ebonheart Pact from a posted request at a board in Aldmeri Dominion Territory?
    That already happens.

It's about time writs were made neutral quests that can be done anywhere as a crafter offering a service rather than a "for the war effort" thing. The armies have their own crafters and requisitions anyway since no army would rely on neutral private enterprise that could be unreliable.

One Tamriel made all this possibly and necessary.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me on Xbox EU - handed in the Blacksmithing Tier 1 in Vivec City with my shiny new Warden but had to travel to Stonefalls - Davon's Watch to turn in the other 5 daily writs. What gives?
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem. PS4 NA, also a new warden. Blacksmith in Vivic City and the other five in Vulkhel Guard. At first it wouldn't even give me the writs. It wasn't until I completely logged out and back in before they appeared on the writ board.
    Edited by Slyjinxy on June 7, 2017 12:42AM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    as of latest patch 3.0.7 (PC) the tradepost in Vivec City is still inactive :'(
  • JoEoSoSoIoCoA
    JoEoSoSoIoCoA
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same issue and been working with customer service for days with no results. I created a new warden character. When I got to Vivec City I did all the certifications for all 6 skills. When I went to turn the writs in, the quest tracker took me to the pier. But no npc to turn them in or no crate decorations.. I even created a second character and the same problem.

However, if I play an older character who hasn't been to Vivec City I can turn in those character writs.

Any ideas on when this will be fixed?!
    Edited by JoEoSoSoIoCoA on June 13, 2017 1:28AM
  • Noms
    Noms
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I think you misunderstood the OP, this is a bug as it only concerns lower-tier crafting writs and out of all the low level writs only the blacksmithing one can be handed in at the location in Vivic.

Could you please have a look at this again so we can get some conformation that there is awareness of this bug?
  • JoEoSoSoIoCoA
    JoEoSoSoIoCoA
    Soul Shriven
    I can't even do the blacksmith one..