Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you find roleplay?

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Since we roleplayers don't have a dedicated Roleplay server, how do you find roleplay? Specifically, walk-up/casual roleplay? I generally check the taverns, but if I'm not on the character I would like to RP on and I find random RP, when I log over the megaserver shoots me to the wrong server/shard/whateverand I lose them. So, advice for finding good roleplay?

My issue with guilds is that I don't get to play super-often, so every RP guild I ever find is super tight-knit, they're hard to randomly integrate yourself with, and they end up kicking you when you take a two-week hiatus. I have bad luck with RP guilds.
The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    From the perspective of a console player (specifically PS4 NA).

Coming upon random RP (within the PS4 NA) is such an endeavor that the chances of it occuring is such to an extent that it would put the RNG of ESO to shame. In practice, one has to travel outside of the game to locate RP within the game. Yet, some members of the role-playing community are attempting to establish a HUB area for role-players within the village of Koeglin in Stormhaven.

My suggestion to you: broswe through the RP community websites (such as eso-rp.com and rphq.org) see where most players gather and make arrangements to meet there. Also, although I understand you may claim no desire to join an RP guilds; RP guilds are fundamentally a means to communicate to active RPers. Guilds shouldn't be tight-knight and exclusive -this is an issue I often have had with many guilds. Yet, if in joining you can increase your chances in meeting others of like-minded desire to RP I would suggest to bite the bullet and join.

I hope this helps.

Strength and honor.

-Jarnkoldur.
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we roleplayers don't have a dedicated Roleplay server, how do you find roleplay? Specifically, walk-up/casual roleplay? I generally check the taverns, but if I'm not on the character I would like to RP on and I find random RP, when I log over the megaserver shoots me to the wrong server/shard/whateverand I lose them. So, advice for finding good roleplay?

My issue with guilds is that I don't get to play super-often, so every RP guild I ever find is super tight-knit, they're hard to randomly integrate yourself with, and they end up kicking you when you take a two-week hiatus. I have bad luck with RP guilds.

I felt bad last night because I walked into a building in Seyda Neen and there was a dude there sitting in a chair who randomly greeted my via RP and I completely ignored him. On a normal day I might have engaged with him just to se what he was all about, but I was just so excited to get out and see Morrowind that I couldn't be bothered. lol
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShedsHisTail A little late, but if you were the Argonian and it was an Imperial in a dashing hat, that was definitely me. No hard feelings my scaled friend.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha! I was, and you were.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went into the game controls, and enabled chat bubbles for everyone.

Now if there is RP about I'm much more likely to "hear" it. So to speak.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭

Well then, don't hesitate to check us out, we're the exact opposite of the kind of Guilds you had bad experiences with !
    We're open to everyone, especially casual players (I myself can only play on week-ends these days), we're not aiming at becoming your main Guild, but just to provide some nice RP fun from time to time !

You can take a look at our website ( http://shillienempire.shivtr.com ) or reply to our Recruitment thread ( https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/348364/rp-the-shillien-empire/ ) !

• awesomepicks4231
    awesomepicks4231
    ✭✭✭

I find that going to taverns are the best place to look [on PC NA anyways]. The withered tree in Riften tends to be the easiest to get started with, in my opinion
    Thank you,

Brandon "awesomepicks"