Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO housing poll

• KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, ESO housing needs improvements
    Megabear wrote: »
    I've played both FF 14 and ESO before going with ESO and I don't regret it. However FF 14 does one thing that appeals to me a great deal, housing. Below are what they offer:

1. Allows the player to setup a garden and cultivate various plants.
    2. Allows the player to place aquariums that display fish caught from various places.
    3. Allows the player to place Jukebox in houses, rooms and inns to play various songs from the game
    4. Housing can be purchased by the guild or player. Guild housing allows private chambers for purchase by members. Persona housing allows you to share your estate up to 3 friends through the tenant system.

So my question to you is do you think ESO housing needs improvements? If so do you have any suggestions?

all what you mentioned above in FF 14, I would very much like to see implented in homestead.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever they add (if they do), if it includes additional storage/slots, have it locked behind ESO+
    While I know next to nothing about servers, my guess is that giving all players an additional 400+ table entries per account is gonna wreak havoc on their server storage. (worst case scenario ofc)
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    everything always needs improvements

why is this even a poll
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind paying crowns or gold to raise item limits in houses: 50, 75 ,100.

Same with guests limit as well: 40, 50, 60.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    Housing needs nuked from the game, worthless fluff, not even content. Just more excuses for ZO$ to milk $$$ off stupid people.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Basically give me a reason to go home good example another mmo i played mabinogi you could have ore nodes food items, cattle, fishing holes, and crops that made going home worth it right now i got a huge empty mansion with no reason to do anything with it its like cool an empty pointless house that no one visits

Like only reason to go home is a dummy and attuned craft station for underperfoming crafted gear
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    Housing should have the ability to pick up and turn in writs. Should also have the ability to assign someone's house as the guild house that is separate from their primary residence. Should also have the ability to pay for a worker who can let you search items from all guild traders. Maybe event an undaunted representative to let you pick up and turn in those dailies.

So many great ideas, but this stands out the most for me. I think housing should not only provide creative outlet but comfort. In this case, giving us access to "comfortable" crafting space.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've done great with housing, but there's always room to grow and improve! All this furniture cluttering up my inventory/bank/alts, for instance...
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically give me a reason to go home good example another mmo i played mabinogi you could have ore nodes food items, cattle, fishing holes, and crops that made going home worth it right now i got a huge empty mansion with no reason to do anything with it its like cool an empty pointless house that no one visits

Like only reason to go home is a dummy and attuned craft station for underperfoming crafted gear

I have an island. It remains unvisited because it lacks a reason for visit.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Server - PC/NA
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭

I have an island. It remains unvisited because it lacks a reason for visit.

same here, but the only difference is that I own a small house
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W.T.F!!!!!!!!!

This poll should have an absolute 100% result list.

Anyone else who voted otherwise, go change your vote this instant.

Of course housing needs improvement and it can start with the most basic: storage, even if it's a paltry 10 slots! Something! Anything!

Everything else is "meh".
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Well this one would like to see the gardens becoming more useful, also storage.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Some great suggestion from other thread:
    an attunable wayshrine that port you out.
    a daily writs board to pickup the quests
    General housing elements like walls, stairs, floors and windows.
    removal of the invisible walls inside the perimeter.
    more housing items like a +100 housing items for crown
    personal manequin to put gear on display.
    Guild storage chest with permission.
    the ability to group housing items and save them together in order to move a group of items.
    water and dirt to level a courtyard.
    a cutting tool to place only part of an item
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mateoz wrote: »
    the ability to group housing items and save them together in order to move a group of items.

Yes, I love the suggestions listed. But I'm confused about a cutting tool? As in, cut general homestead elements as you would with graphic file (essentially what a player would be doing)?
    Server - PC/NA
  • brantkin
    brantkin
    They have laid the foundations, now they just need to act apon it like many people have stated with all the good suggestions up there. Storage is a must, having chest that i can't do anything with kills immersion in every way. More so with morrowind coming up, they have a 1k crown legendary chest that's pointless. The same price as the new up coming mundus stones you can place in your house. Why should we pay the same amount for some low poly gold chest that does nothing, while the fully functional mundus stones do something.

And for god sake remove or lift the sky box up 3 or 4x higher at the very least. You can keep the side walls just fine but the height ones are pointless and don't serve a purpose. And fix twin-arches there's no reason for that slap in the face.
    Edited by brantkin on May 16, 2017 7:06PM
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    mateoz wrote: »

Yes, I love the suggestions listed. But I'm confused about a cutting tool? As in, cut general homestead elements as you would with graphic file (essentially what a player would be doing)?

As in cut any items like a butter knife to remove a chain or cut in half a table.
  • ZeroZero77
    ZeroZero77
    ✭✭✭
    +100 housing items for crown

wtf, why do you think it would be acceptable to ask Real money for it ?
    I Payed this year over 200€ for eso and need to pay additional money for Morrowind. (Besides eso+)

Somwhere its enough. I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME AS INTENDED and not optimized from Merchants to sell crowns !

To add a broken system NEVER reason Realmoney buyings.
    Edited by ZeroZero77 on May 16, 2017 8:00PM
    Mein Eso Setup System I7-4790k Non OC, 16GB Ram , GTX 1060, 3 mal 1920x1080, SSD für OS + Anwendungen und Spiele, 16k Leitung nahe Köln
    Wieso kürzt der typische MMO Spieler eigentlich fast jedes Wort ab. Schreibt aber fast ein Buch wenn er eine einfache Frage hat ?
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to eq2 Housing ESO'S is pathetic

My eq2 2 room apartment went like this
    Placed grass on the floor
    huge boulders on the walls
    water tiles on the ground
    Sky tiles on the celling
    Trees on a dirk mound with grass
    Water fall on the wall
    fish in the water
    and allot more

It was pretty much a grotto when it was done

And that's just creativity not useful stuff like switch AA and tuns more

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find silly is they encourage us to own more than one home but there is no way to display more than one home. Really needs to be a dropdown menu so friends and guildies can travel to all your homes.

And I want to be able to add some of the little critters I see out and about in the world. A few birds for my trees and maybe a rabbit or squirrel. People with larger estates might want a deer or two roaming around? My Vampire has a graveyard and a vulture sitting on one of the stones would be great!
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. gardens yes
    2. Yes, but maybe fish ponds would be more lore friendly. However, there would have to be fish graphics as well. I don't think there is tempered glass with psi ratings in Tamriel for fish tanks.
    3. Lore. There are no electronics, just electro-mechanical type contraptions from dwemer ruins. I realize in the real world there were electro-mechanical jukeboxes made, however, there are no recording medias.
    4. I would rather see 'in general' housing improvements first.
    Edited by CapnPhoton on May 16, 2017 9:44PM
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    you should NOT be allowed to use final fantasy 14 as a referral unless you played final fantasy 11.....

cause all that mog house stuff from 14 was ported over from XI...
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry bro. Your poll sucks. Far too binary. Of course there needs to be improvements. Even ZOS has said this.
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, ESO housing does not need improvements.
    If anything is improved ever I will unsubscribe.
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    It doesnt need improvements. its too far gone for just improvements.

Housing needs to be completely scrapped, deleted and then redone with a completely different system. There is nothing that I like about housing in this game. The entire system is awful.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More furniture slots would be fine by me, honestly.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTB more furniture slots, so I can complete the circle.

mCxkEo9.png
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    I am guessing that what housing really needs is some additional functionality. Currently the only "unique" feature of housing are:
    1. training dummies so you can test your builds.
    2. "free" way-shrine feature but you need to own a lot of houses to actually "feel" that.
    3. "Attunable Crafting Stations" so you can craft IC sets without the need to go through PvP zone

And that's it. Nothing more. Additionally those functions are pretty much useless to most players. Maybe some large guilds actually can use housing as a meeting point / duelling / testing builds. Vast majority of players simply don't have a reason to use housing. There is simply nothing to encourage people to use housing. No profit. Nothing. There is no pay-off for investing shi* ton of gold into it.
    After a month I just don't feel the need to go to my house anymore....
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    WTB more furniture slots, so I can complete the circle.

mCxkEo9.png
    WTB moar slots so I can add more gold to my treasure stockroom...
    Screenshot_20170516_160531.png
    Screenshot_20170516_160553.png
    Screenshot_20170516_160617.png
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    No, ESO housing does not need improvements.
    No, I want them to concentrate things I like. I don't care about housing.
  • ChronoChristophe
    Like in Elder Scrolls, I would like to see a quest that would allow you to build your own home. Along with that I would also like to see more functionality to the homes. Storage would be a great start. As for vanity, I would like to see marriage and kids like in Elder Scrolls. it was fun to head "home" and be greeted by a family. In Elder Scrolls, my daughter made a pet out of a fox. It was funny to enter the home and see a fox running around. I almost killed it lol.