The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pickpocketing Furnishings and Blueprints

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lafemmina wrote: »
    lientier wrote: »
    I am searching for good places with lots of nobles at the moment.

I like to loot the castle in bangkorai's first town, there's about five or so nobles in there and no actual guard :)

thank you.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    The market square in Daggerfall has 3 nobles. One is really easy, an Argonian who will eventually step over to the moat alone. Another is a Nord, under a tree next to the bridge. There's another hammering on a wagon, there's lots of people there, but I always seem to be able to get her eventually.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the throne recipes from nobles are area specific, so orc throne recipes from nobles in Wrothgar, Breton throne recipe from nobles in Stormhaven, Bosmer throne recipe from nobles in Grahtwood etc...
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    The market square in Daggerfall has 3 nobles. One is really easy, an Argonian who will eventually step over to the moat alone. Another is a Nord, under a tree next to the bridge. There's another hammering on a wagon, there's lots of people there, but I always seem to be able to get her eventually.
    thank you.
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Pretty sure the throne recipes from nobles are area specific, so orc throne recipes from nobles in Wrothgar, Breton throne recipe from nobles in Stormhaven, Bosmer throne recipe from nobles in Grahtwood etc...
    I was guessing the same. I would like to know if its not race specific to the noble..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this! Was wondering where people were getting those thrones, skulls, and wanted posters. I'm not much of a pickpocketer (though I do have all 4 points in the skill), but I'll have to start doing some. I haven't tried pickpocketing nobles since even with all 4 points, I can only get a 70% chance. I do have the 3-piece bonus from the Night Terror Set, but perhaps I should make me some medium armor for the sneak bonus as well.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you.
    I was guessing the same. I would like to know if its not race specific to the noble..

No its not race specific as far as I know, I got an orc throne recipe in Wrothgar from a dark elf noble.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drop rate is horrible. I really hate RNG. Been in stormhaven for awhile now trying to get the throne from a loop of 4 nobles.

As far as the wood elf throne, I know the one guy in else root has a chance to drop it, do other nobles on the grahtwood map have a chance to drop it?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone gotten anything good from bards? I keep hoping for a lute or harp but nothing yet.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten anything good from bards? I keep hoping for a lute or harp but nothing yet.

I get the treasure "Rosewood Lute" sometimes, but I think you mean a furnishing, right?
    I rob every bard I find, just because that's the kind of guy I am. I have not found any furnishings on one yet.

I also always rob beggars. I don't trust them. They're always good for a few hundred gold. How can you have a few hundred gold and still be a beggar?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I get the treasure "Rosewood Lute" sometimes, but I think you mean a furnishing, right?
    I rob every bard I find, just because that's the kind of guy I am. I have not found any furnishings on one yet.

I also always rob beggars. I don't trust them. They're always good for a few hundred gold. How can you have a few hundred gold and still be a beggar?

Yep, I mean furnishings. We know the assets exist for certain musical instruments, and I'd love to have a (non-crown) way to get them. Pickpocketing bards seems like a natural source but they don't seem to drop anything special for housing.

I'm more into robbing drunkards than beggars. I can make do with one or two mostly-eaten chunks of bread in my house, but you can never have too many tankards and booze bottles.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm more into robbing drunkards than beggars. I can make do with one or two mostly-eaten chunks of bread in my house, but you can never have too many tankards and booze bottles.

I have a bowl at one of my houses where some of my non-combat pets are set up in a circle around it (like they're feeding) and I put all the half-eaten bread chunks from robbing beggars in that bowl.

I didn't know you can get bottles from drunkards! Thank you. Have a few tankards, but don't remember getting bottles.

• Lafemmina
    Lafemmina
    ✭✭
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drop rate is horrible. I really hate RNG. Been in stormhaven for awhile now trying to get the throne from a loop of 4 nobles.

As far as the wood elf throne, I know the one guy in else root has a chance to drop it, do other nobles on the grahtwood map have a chance to drop it?

Yes, I got my throne recipe from a noble that hovers around the wayshrine in Elden Root.
    Also have 3 orc throne recipes from various noble in wrothgar, but so far have not found the Breton throne from Wayrest.
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love finding bits for around the house :) So far I've gotten an inkwell (from a banker desk), a fishing rod (From a fisherman), and a signed contract (Don't remember who it was from)
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a trick to getting that second picpocketing success? I feel like the number of times I get caught are far higher than the percentage suggests. (I do have Legerdemain at 20 and all 4 points in pickpocketing. I'm wearing detection reducing jewelry and armor, and have the detection reduction skill from the Thieve's Guild. I am not, however, a Khajiit.)

Not that I know of. But yes, the chances for getting caught feel higher for the second attempt then the percentage claims. The most difficult to pickpocket types are (in my opinion):
    1. Outlaws (goes with theme ....)
    2. Bards
    3. Nobles
    4. Guards (they are surprisingly easy to pickpocket
  • HyperBeam
    HyperBeam
    ✭✭
    ORCISH THRONE, SKULL.... has anyone got this design pattern?
  • CorsennaRyu
    CorsennaRyu
    ✭✭
    grumpybird wrote: »
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    To the OP: barring the coffin lid/case, did you also find furniture PLANS, or were you only able to pickpocket the crafted items?

As far as I can make out all NPC's have a chance to drop a random plan. I have looted lots of plans from varying NPC's of varying quality - including purple plans but that really does seem to be random.

So far the only consistant plans are the coffin case/lid and the thrones.

I have heard talk of a the Khajiit skooma bubbler plans but I've not looted that anywhere and I don't know who (if anyone) drops it.

Khajiit skooma bubbler plan comes from pickpocketing servants in the "forever hold your peace" quest in thieves guild story line.
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP: barring the coffin lid/case, did you also find furniture PLANS, or were you only able to pickpocket the crafted items?

As far as I can make out all NPC's have a chance to drop a random plan. I have looted lots of plans from varying NPC's of varying quality - including purple plans but that really does seem to be random.

I have heard talk of a the Khajiit skooma bubbler plans but I've not looted that anywhere and I don't know who (if anyone) drops it.

Khajiit skooma bubbler plan comes from pickpocketing servants in the "forever hold your peace" quest in thieves guild story line.

Better get your bubbler plans before next DLC drops. Those servants are kicking the habit I hear.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • CorsennaRyu
    CorsennaRyu
    ✭✭

Better get your bubbler plans before next DLC drops. Those servants are kicking the habit I hear.

I got probably a dozen of them, learned on my main crafter and my two alts that are also 9 trait (I started my first 3 characters all right around release and researched on all of them for convenience) then I handed the rest off to guildies other than two that I sold when I saw people offering 90k because no one knew where to get them.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭

you mean they also drop frm servants in vvardenfell?
    PC-EU @lientier
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executed contract / signed contract - nobles. It's two sheets of parchment with a wax seal, with writing and a signature (unreadable)

Stack of papers - unknown pickpocket. A small stack of disheveled parchment-like papers.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the Indoril Incense, Burning comes from Pilgrims and Priests. I've not found one yet, I'm not sure of a good place to find Pilgrims and Priests.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭

I got probably a dozen of them, learned on my main crafter and my two alts that are also 9 trait (I started my first 3 characters all right around release and researched on all of them for convenience) then I handed the rest off to guildies other than two that I sold when I saw people offering 90k because no one knew where to get them.

I got 1 plan and 7 bubblers (5 for sale)
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭

Too bad , I know how those servants love their skooma!

Thanks >:)
    Edited by Mz_Jo on July 15, 2017 6:04PM
    Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I ask your source that these servants are kicking their long held skooma habit ?
    I've been there and they have shared their plan with me and I know how they love their skooma!

It's in the new PTS patch notes (under Thieves Guild, Justice System). It's a bit subtle, but the implication is that they'll no longer have the skooma bubblers.

Edited by DarcyMardin on July 15, 2017 5:40PM
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    May I ask your source that these servants are kicking their long held skooma habit ?
    I've been there and they have shared their plan with me and I know how they love their skooma!

It's in the new PTS patch notes (under Thieves Guild, Justice System). It's a bit subtle, but the implication is that they'll no longer have the skooma bubblers.

So after the next patch (wed on ps4 i think) the skooma stuff wont be available in that mission? Guess I better get to farming before wednesday. Glad I got 1 character locked and loaded to do that mission...

If they do remove it, then hopefully the value on these items will go back up...
    Edited by mrdiamond666 on July 25, 2017 2:02AM
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭

So after the next patch (wed on ps4 i think) the skooma stuff wont be available in that mission? Guess I better get to farming before wednesday. Glad I got 1 character locked and loaded to do that mission...

If they do remove it, then hopefully the value on these items will go back up...

From the way I perceived the patch note, it's the actual bubblers that are going to stop dropping, but not the recipe for it. In my quest to loot and learn the bubbler recipe, I managed to loot about 20 or so of the bubblers. Sold a couple at guild traders, but mostly sent them to guildies to decorate their homes.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you.

Only Bosmer thrones I've gotten was in the throne room in the tree in Ghratwood, same with orc thrones in Orsinium only. Haven't gotten a Breton throne yet.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Has someone any information on from whom to get the Horns of the Reach patchnote announced hourglass from time-obsessed priests? Which persons to steal from, if it is a steal item? I've been looking for it for days to no avail.....
    Metal forever \m/
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try people in the Order of the Hour place in the Gold Coast. Haven't gotten a drop, but I suspect that's where the patch notes are talking about.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
This discussion has been closed.