The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

LF Input on my Magplar

Curson
Curson
✭✭
Hey guys I'm looking for some input on my build for my magplar. Any tips would be highly appreciated as I am having serious issues 1v1ing any DK or sorc with good gear and high CP.

2 sharp julianos swords

Swords and Board Torug's Pact (the spell damage helps my healing)

3 heavy julianos impen

Malubeth head - Heavy impen
Malubeth shoulder - heavy impen

Belt and Shoes of Altercation Mastery - light impen
Jewelery of Altercation Mastery

Offensive bar - Dark flare, stun, crit buff, sweeps, jesus beam, ice comet
Defensive bar - spell damage buff/health increase, cleanse, heal, shuffle, rune focus, shield ult

Thank you for taking to time to check out this post! Any input is highly appreciated!
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only looking at your use of sets, why is the sword and board not julianos too? It would give even more spell damage than using the mis-matched torugs pact and an incomplete julianos.

As for a little bit of PvP knowledge, sorcs will be very hard without using backlash, but at least for me that is the tool to use to kill a sorc. Granted, I am in situations very different than you (no CP, I run 5/1/1 light armor and very different sets).
    Edited by WhiteMage on April 29, 2017 7:12PM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should turn to destruction staff and healing staff allready for learning play with them until morrorwind!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Curson
    Curson
    ✭✭
    Are they changing it to where dual wield only affects stam-based classes?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curson wrote: »
    Are they changing it to where dual wield only affects stam-based classes?

I don't believe so
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    If you wanna do 1v1, then drop malubeth for grothdarr or valkyn skoria.

The way to beat a Sorc is to put alot of dmg out, so he needs to only think about keeping his shields up.

The way to beat a DK is also alot a dmg and purifying light is really important and if he is a root spammer you just needs to spam purge which cost half of his roots :smile:

But toppling charge or javelin is a must every 6 seconds unless they use immovability potions.
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    that gear set up is a mess. i run 5 hvy rattlecage, 2 slimecrawl 1 light 1 med all impen, spinner jewelry 2 sharp spinner swords front bar and sharp spinner inferno staff back bar. i use this gear on my magplar and results are prett good. im deadly at range or up close.
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Only looking at your use of sets, why is the sword and board not julianos too? It would give even more spell damage than using the mis-matched torugs pact and an incomplete julianos.

I agree - change your sword and board to Julianos. Completing Julianos for 300 spell dmg is far better than the 129 spell dmg you get from 2pc Torug's Pact.

Hey guys I'm looking for some input on my build for my magplar. Any tips would be highly appreciated as I am having serious issues 1v1ing any DK or sorc with good gear and high CP.

DK Counter: Cleansing/Purify (Extended Ritual)
    Hard Counter: Reactive+Malubeth+Transmutation+cost poisons+Extended Ritual

When fighting a DK our biggest tool is being able to cleanse their DoT's and CC's with 1 skill. This will mitigate a lot of dmg, especially if they're a magDK. StamDK may be a little trickier if they're running 2H.

MagSorc Counter: Reflect (Defensive Stance, Spell Ward, Total Dark)
    Hard Counter: Shield Breaker+Resto/Lightning Staff+cost poisons+Reflect

When you mentioned Sorc I assumed you meant magSorc since everyone generally has problems with them. MagSorcs are very strong and in the hands of a good player are extremely deadly. When fighting magSorcs, using reflect can make the difference between life and death. Sure you can't reflect as much as the old days but it's still extremely useful. Reflecting those hard-hitting frags or overloads back in their faces will give you some breathing room. Most of the time their shields will go down. They will also be stunned, be forced to CC break and ward up. This will give you time to go on the offensive.

Other than that I would say it all comes down to player skill and experience as well as character build and CP. Best of luck and hopefully this helps your cause. :smile:

(If all else fails, use the hard counters but be prepared for salt and hate mail lol) :wink:

Edited by Maole1989 on May 8, 2017 7:56AM
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maole1989 wrote: »
    WhiteMage wrote: »

I agree - change your sword and board to Julianos. Completing Julianos for 300 spell dmg is far better than the 129 spell dmg you get from 2pc Torug's Pact.

DK Counter: Cleansing/Purify (Extended Ritual)
    Hard Counter: Reactive+Malubeth+Transmutation+cost poisons+Extended Ritual

When fighting a DK our biggest tool is being able to cleanse their DoT's and CC's with 1 skill. This will mitigate a lot of dmg, especially if they're a magDK. StamDK may be a little trickier if they're running 2H.

MagSorc Counter: Reflect (Defensive Stance, Spell Ward, Total Dark)
    Hard Counter: Shield Breaker+Resto/Lightning Staff+cost poisons+Reflect

When you mentioned Sorc I assumed you meant magSorc since everyone generally has problems with them. MagSorcs are very strong and in the hands of a good player are extremely deadly. When fighting magSorcs, using reflect can make the difference between life and death. Sure you can't reflect as much as the old days but it's still extremely useful. Reflecting those hard-hitting frags or overloads back in their faces will give you some breathing room. Most of the time their shields will go down. They will also be stunned, be forced to CC break and ward up. This will give you time to go on the offensive.

Other than that I would say it all comes down to player skill and experience as well as character build and CP. Best of luck and hopefully this helps your cause. :smile:

(If all else fails, use the hard counters but be prepared for salt and hate mail lol) :wink:

Those counters can work, but only up to a certain degree. When you meet a top tier mDK, he will be able to deal damage despite the fact that you're casting Cleansing Ritual again and again; he will sustain block to prevent your Aurora Javelin, Charge or vampiric Drain almost all the time. It's real for a magicka DK.

When you meet a top tier magicka sorc, your Defensive stance wouldn't help. Once he finds out you are using it, he will pay attention when you cast Stance and make a light attack to remove it. Moreover, there is a bug (maybe it's still there, I don't know coz I unslot Stance): resto staff light attack removes buff without actual reflection. Resto LA is unreflectable, so it shouldn't consume Stance, but it does consume.
    Edited by Ashamray on May 8, 2017 2:17PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Those counters can work, but only up to a certain degree. When you meet a top tier mDK, he will be able to deal damage despite the fact that you're casting Cleansing Ritual again and again; he will sustain block to prevent your Aurora Javelin, Charge or vampiric Drain almost all the time. It's real for a magicka DK.

When you meet a top tier magicka sorc, your Defensive stance wouldn't help. Once he finds out you are using it, he will pay attention when you cast Stance and make a light attack to remove it. Moreover, there is a bug (maybe it's still there, I don't know coz I unslot Stance): resto staff light attack removes buff without actual reflection. Resto LA is unreflectable, so it shouldn't consume Stance, but it does consume.

I agree that when you come up against top players it's going to be tough regardless. Gear and build carries a lot of weight but can only take you so far. The rest comes down to player skill and experience.

Edited by Maole1989 on May 9, 2017 6:02AM
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP