Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP - Destructive Reach or Crushing shock for a magsorc?

Hammy01
Hammy01
✭✭✭✭✭
Seeking advise from the more experienced Magsorcs but what is better for PvP Destructive Reach or Crushing shock? I like the knock back from Destructive reach (Inferno staff) but a lot of times it seems to hit people but nothing happens.. also the big flame circle is easy to see and dodge. Crushing shock does more up front damage and interrupts but I lose the knockback and the damage over time.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing shock, no doubt. Make sure to have crystal frags on the same bar and make use of the instant proc (it also stuns)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing shock is your main spam dps skill, you have frag and streak for cc's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IF you use a Master's Staff, Destructive Reach becomes more feasible as a spammable, but I'd still take Crushing Shock over it. Otherwise I don't think it's much of an option to entirely replace Force Shock, though Destructive Reach is still one of the skills to come into consideration when you have space. A knockback can be very useful.
    Also keep in mind the regen and cost reduction nerfs in the Morrowind patch notes. That could make the more expensive Destructive Reach even less competitive as spammable.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thanks everyone... I was leaning towards Crushing shock as well. I might miss the knocking people off of outposts with Destructive Reach though :).
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very situational, Crushing Shock will work versus every opponent and gives you good results. Destructive reach can give you top results against weaker players as you can line it up with curse and proc-cast the fragment straight after for high burst that they don't know how to avoid. Reach has some counters, I would say play with what you prefer and how your overall sustain works out!
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither (hides behind bushes) Sorcs use burst not sustained DPS in PvP. A curse into a weaved endless, and weaved frag with a weaved streak as a follow up will kill most opponents. For those it doesn't, they're tanks that you'll probably need to use an ultimate on or wear out their resources. Also I'm a huge fan of the shock enchant over the spell damage enchant. Have a chance to proc vulnerability and does like 2000 damage when concussed procs.
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    You'll get more DPS with crushing shock, and kind of pointless to have the knock back when you have a proc c frag to toss at your opponent which knocks them down. If you're going against a DK, the flame reach will get reflected back and a crushing shock won't be.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a masters staff and are willing to go for the extra regen you´ll need with reach as a spammable it´s highly vaible on certain builds.

I can´t see it working with the sustain changes next patch.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing in favor of crushing is the change they did to reflect. Crushing can't be reflected anymore, whereas destructive reach still can. (and it's quite easy to spot.. even more so with people using Miat's addon)