The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Does anyone know the spawn times / days for bloodfiends & werewolves yet?

Akevoriath
Akevoriath
✭✭✭
I am wondering if anyone has found a pattern in their spawn times / days as I have heard many conflicting things about them. Some people say that there are certain phases of the moon that will guarantee a certain type and some say that it is random, most days they don't even spawn at all, I have seen both but I have only seen them in the ebonheart pact lands (even when that characters alliance was AD) and I have looked for them all over the known spawns in AD and found none yet when I went to look in the Rift just after I had finished looking in AD I have found bloodfiends and werewolves (on separate days)
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google is your friend.
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we do know the game has been out for 3 years.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spawn frequency for each is about 1 to 2 times per week. I haven't gone chasing either in awhile, though.

EDIT: Also, you can get infected in any of the three zones, you just need to go back to your native zone to complete the quest. So... if you saw them, and passed on an infection, that was your mistake.
    Edited by starkerealm on May 8, 2017 6:28AM
  • Akevoriath
    Akevoriath
    ✭✭✭
    Google is your friend.
    Yes we do know the game has been out for 3 years.

if you have nothing to contribute then maybe you should stick to facebook. I have used google and it hasn't really been helpful.
    The spawn frequency for each is about 1 to 2 times per week. I haven't gone chasing either in awhile, though.

EDIT: Also, you can get infected in any of the three zones, you just need to go back to your native zone to complete the quest. So... if you saw them, and passed on an infection, that was your mistake.

thank you, I did get infected on those characters, i just have more characters that I didn't have at the time
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience the mobs spawn roughly every 3 real-time days, alternating between WW and vamp. Its not random, and it does not depend on the moon.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be, Vampires on the weekends, Werewolves midweek, not sure if that's true right now, though.
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Most vague replies to the question...

So basically nobody knows yet and after 3 years the exact spawn locations and times at which they spawn in those locations, are unknown. Well, at least that's what I get from Google and forums thus far.
    Edited by Jollygoodusername on May 8, 2017 7:05AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I know the exact spawn locations. The exact time is a little tricky because they spawn, every 14 days in game. In theory, that works out to about every 3.5 real world days, but because the in game clock is about 5 hours and 40 something minutes per 24 in game hours, getting the exact timing down is a little finicky.

In theory, it was supposed to follow the lunar cycle, and at launch it did. The problem was, the lunar cycle is very easy to keep track of, and players would deliberately camp all of the spawn locations on the night of a spawn, and wipe them out, then charge exorbitant rates to anyone who wanted to buy a bite from them. The result is that ZOS randomized the spawns slightly.

They still follow basic patterns. They'll spawn at specific locations in Bangkorai, The Rift, and Reaper's March. Google, "ESO Werewolf Spawn Locations" and the first four images will include three maps from these boards. They can spawn on any night, though the odds seem to be higher when they're in the appropriate lunar phase (Full for Werewolves, New for Vampires).

They spawn at midnight (in game), and disappear at 6am (if they haven't been killed). There are a total number of potential spawn locations on each map, and a cap on the number that can be up at any one time (I don't know exactly what that number is). If a mob is killed, they will respawn at another location, but, only if that location has not had an infection mob spawn there that night. So, if the mobs at all locations are killed before 6am, then no more will spawn for that night. (This mechanic may have been changed at some point.)

ESO does not account for lunar positioning as part of the day/night cycle, so you can identify midnight using your compass, and the location of the moons. When the large, red moon is directly north in the sky, the mobs will spawn.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, when it comes to tracking down the spawn locations, you can just use the destinations addon. It has werewolf and vampire spawn locations available as an option.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one knows. I went hunting for a ww bite and ended up with a vamp bite in the middle of the day in reapers March. My 2nd accidental vamp bite came at dusk with full moons appearing 2 days later and within several thousand hours of play I have never seen a werewolf in game. At launch I spent around 7hrs a day playing for a few weeks solid and never ever saw one. ZoS to this day have never commented on it either.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have infected many, many, characters, via the infection mobs. Both exist.