Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Dk ideas when morrowind drop

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    bg22 wrote: »
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Staying with my samesetup 5 bsw, 5 seducer. I mix and match monster sets for fun.

GL running sword and shield on a mdk next patch and I mean that not being mean

I run it in no-CP... so I'm failing to see the issue?

Because armor sustain has also been nerfed -- heavy has been nerfed the hardest -- and mDKs are functionally losing about half of our Battle Roar sustain. With heavy, we'll have to invest so much into regen and cost reduction we'll be at base spell cost and not be able to kill anything.

Light armor + S&B maybe; heavy + S&B? Very doubtful. Get on PTS and try it out.

I can't, that's why I'm asking here... I play XBox now. No more gaming rig.

On my new MagDK, I don't have rank II of battle roar yet, nor all the HA passives unlocked, and I'm not really having sustain issues. It certainly requires some tactical resto use, and doesn't allowing panic-faceroll-buttonmashing... but I do very well with him.

How bad is the battleroar nerf? The patch notes only give generalities... so I'm not sure of the severity.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a max level character, Leap now gives less resources than a tripot. And it's the same amount for all stats, so mag DKs don't get proportionately more magicka back.

Using ult cost reduction sets like Dragonguard and Alteration Mastery will no longer synergize well with DKs. You'll be able to use more ults, but not get more resources, so they are much less desirable.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 30, 2017 7:36PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staying with my samesetup 5 bsw, 5 seducer. I mix and match monster sets for fun.

It's costs twice as much to block now... playing on the no co campaign will costs u about 15% to 20% to block then regular campaign ... but they nerfed block rate now it costs you every .25 from .5. So that's x2 increase...... with points in blocking a rapid strikes took my 38k stam bar down to 50% in secs... it will cost you about 5k to 6k stam a sec to block if your taking consistent damage... on no cp your looking at 6k+ a sec lol
    Edited by Durham on May 1, 2017 10:15PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    5light/1m/1h is way to go. 2sustain sets. amber plasm, bloodthorn, syrabane, desert rose or alteration mastery. and ofc bloodspawn. 1h/s +resto

how do you plan to kill even a deer with that setup?

In reply to the original question. Damage shields and LA basically

Deer are banned from PvP bro..You know that..
    :open_mouth:

Lol so will there be more or less mdks going extinct during morrowind than the 1.5-1.6 nerf era?
    I'm sure there are many viable mdk setups next patch but prolly gonna have to focus on more of support role based on the team I guess.

I think magicka will hurt and will be ok.... It will be the only viable way a DK can effectively play in PVP.... Stam is freaking broke...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because armor sustain has also been nerfed -- heavy has been nerfed the hardest -- and mDKs are functionally losing about half of our Battle Roar sustain. With heavy, we'll have to invest so much into regen and cost reduction we'll be at base spell cost and not be able to kill anything.

I already run 5 light 2 heavy.

It will be ok just don't hold down block... my magicka DK faired better then my stam dk against a stam sorc in my testing ... My magicka forced the stam sorc to back off 1 time but when he came back to attack a second time I was dead ... He took all my stam the first attack.. My stam DK just melted ... everything is just to expensive now and healing sucked defiles are to strong ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    5light/1m/1h is way to go. 2sustain sets. amber plasm, bloodthorn, syrabane, desert rose or alteration mastery. and ofc bloodspawn. 1h/s +resto

how do you plan to kill even a deer with that setup?

In reply to the original question. Damage shields and LA basically

Deer are banned from PvP bro..You know that..
    :open_mouth:

Lol so will there be more or less mdks going extinct during morrowind than the 1.5-1.6 nerf era?
    I'm sure there are many viable mdk setups next patch but prolly gonna have to focus on more of support role based on the team I guess.

I think magicka will hurt and will be ok.... It will be the only viable way a DK can effectively play in PVP.... Stam is freaking broke...

How come? I had a friend say stam dk was gonna be useless the other day but im not up to date with all the morrowind changes and had no clue why
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already run 5 light 2 heavy.

It will be ok just don't hold down block... my magicka DK faired better then my stam dk against a stam sorc in my testing ... My magicka forced the stam sorc to back off 1 time but when he came back to attack a second time I was dead ... He took all my stam the first attack.. My stam DK just melted ... everything is just to expensive now and healing sucked defiles are to strong ...

You were running impen I'm assuming?
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's costs twice as much to block now... playing on the no co campaign will costs u about 15% to 20% to block then regular campaign ... but they nerfed block rate now it costs you every .25 from .5. So that's x2 increase...... with points in blocking a rapid strikes took my 38k stam bar down to 50% in secs... it will cost you about 5k to 6k stam a sec to block if your taking consistent damage... on no cp your looking at 6k+ a sec lol

What other attack would drain your Stam as fast as Rapid Strikes? Even it should only tick your block cost twice per ability use.

How effective is Rapid Strikes if they're rooted, and you're standing behind them?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's need to all go to the test and give feed back... Leave feed back on forums
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a max level character, Leap now gives less resources than a tripot. And it's the same amount for all stats, so mag DKs don't get proportionately more magicka back.

Using ult cost reduction sets like Dragonguard and Alteration Mastery will no longer synergize well with DKs. You'll be able to use more ults, but not get more resources, so they are much less desirable.

In NO CP i consider this a buff to Mag DK. Since it gives the same Magicka as a 28,5k statpool, the Magicka return will be almost the same. A MagDK in No CP would only have more thank 30k Magicka, if they really push it, and dont invest in health / stam. But for the Stamina return, it will be DOUBLED on the return. So the overall stat gain will increase significantly.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Quickline
    Quickline
    For battlegrounds I will use this build:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=14338

It should be pretty damn good!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a build on paper. It may or may not function but it's better than pretending dKs need to slot s+B while sitting there in order to PvP.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I got a build on paper. It may or may not function but it's better than pretending dKs need to slot s+B while sitting there in order to PvP.

I also have a build in mind although it may seem decent in theory the actual build's performance is going to vary.
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
    jxjx- dunmer dragon knight lvl 50
    sexiperson- breton templar lvl 50
    vextrax- nord nightblade lvl 29
    tehsorc- high elf sorc lvl 50
    Trying to get recognized for being the worst PvPer on xbox.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some ideas, but they all seem like they'd boil down to being a magblade without cloak, expedition or shadow, or being a sorc without shield stacking, streak and expedition.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some ideas, but they all seem like they'd boil down to being a magblade without cloak, expedition or shadow, or being a sorc without shield stacking, streak and expedition.

There's nothing wrong with that. Except trying to find out how to make up those weaknesses.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with that. Except trying to find out how to make up those weaknesses.

Or, I could just go back to playing sorc and save myself a lot of grief. As much as I love my MagDKs, a couple of months of not totally sucking as a class spec has made me reluctant to bother going back to being a guinea pig for Wrobel's inability to grasp how the class functions. Or he does, and doesn't care, which is worse.
    Edited by NBrookus on May 4, 2017 4:52AM
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭

Or, I could just go back to playing sorc and save myself a lot of grief. As much as I love my MagDKs, a couple of months of not totally sucking as a class spec has made me reluctant to bother going back to being a guinea pig for Wrobel's inability to grasp how the class functions. Or he does, and doesn't care, which is worse.

I just tried light armor today on my magDk.The damage was nice I'm not going to lie, but I kept on dying way too fast as I'm not used to light armor with my dk. I just don't see myself using heavy when morrowind drops so I just dont know what to do with my dk.
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
    jxjx- dunmer dragon knight lvl 50
    sexiperson- breton templar lvl 50
    vextrax- nord nightblade lvl 29
    tehsorc- high elf sorc lvl 50
    Trying to get recognized for being the worst PvPer on xbox.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

In NO CP i consider this a buff to Mag DK. Since it gives the same Magicka as a 28,5k statpool, the Magicka return will be almost the same. A MagDK in No CP would only have more thank 30k Magicka, if they really push it, and dont invest in health / stam. But for the Stamina return, it will be DOUBLED on the return. So the overall stat gain will increase significantly.

Wait till you block something ... block casting is gone...x2 block cost now
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quickline wrote: »
    For battlegrounds I will use this build:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=14338

It should be pretty damn good!

I like it on paper. Wondering how blocking will work with it though.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Seducer 5 Alteration 2 Valkyn
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will be trying over the weekend with no cp allocated on my main magdk.

5 lich
    5 BSW/5 spinners/5 mothers sorrow
    2 skoria

and see how it goes, failing that ive started a magsorc ready for the changes.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    You can easily kill people whill using two sustain sets because talon spam is going DESTROY stamina for every character in battlegrounds. No stamina, means no block, means no break free.

Run 2 resource sets, and be the annoying talon fossilize spamming nightmare everyone knows magdk to be. Play to their strength. Their strength is not burst, it is CC and support. Amberplasm, lich, blackrose, alteration mastery, seducer are just a few sets that will be awesome on magdk.

Go test some things in non-cp campaign to get a feel what battlegrounds will be similar to. Magdk will be seriously strong in battlegrounds. Just wait til someone trying to capture a point in domination gets talons three times, then fossilze, then talons.... then fossilize.... talons... talons.... TALONS! THEN TALONS THEN WTF TALONS THEN OMFGWTF TALONS AGAIN?! .... AHHHHHHH WTFFFF OMFGGGGG TALONS! Then they leave the battleground and rage quit.

Yeah that whole talon spam mumbo is not going to work in morrowind...
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I play my magDK when Morrowind hits I will probably stick to his current build:
    5pc Kagrenac
    2pc Bloodspawn
    3pc Willpower
    2pc Transmutation (on 1H bar)

Might sub in a new set or Silk of the Sun but I always seem to drift back to this set up. Good sustain, even after Morrowind hits, and good damage.

Edited by OtarTheMad on May 7, 2017 8:57AM
  • Quickline
    Quickline
    I got my build ready and Ive tested it on azuras star (no-cp) and it works great! I think that I maybe have to change 1 jewelry glyph to reduced block cost but not sure! What do you guys think about it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdVzPdHEiAA&t=6s
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    You can easily kill people whill using two sustain sets because talon spam is going DESTROY stamina for every character in battlegrounds. No stamina, means no block, means no break free.

Run 2 resource sets, and be the annoying talon fossilize spamming nightmare everyone knows magdk to be. Play to their strength. Their strength is not burst, it is CC and support. Amberplasm, lich, blackrose, alteration mastery, seducer are just a few sets that will be awesome on magdk.

Go test some things in non-cp campaign to get a feel what battlegrounds will be similar to. Magdk will be seriously strong in battlegrounds. Just wait til someone trying to capture a point in domination gets talons three times, then fossilze, then talons.... then fossilize.... talons... talons.... TALONS! THEN TALONS THEN WTF TALONS THEN OMFGWTF TALONS AGAIN?! .... AHHHHHHH WTFFFF OMFGGGGG TALONS! Then they leave the battleground and rage quit.

Yeah that whole talon spam mumbo is not going to work in morrowind...

Elaborate please?
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 desert rose, 5 impregnable, 2 Valkyn Skoria