The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant 400ms ping spikes

Sasyk
Sasyk
✭✭✭
What is this? Honestly. It's been happening for several months on end in ESO and tons of people get them. Every minute or two my ping shoots up to 400ms (roughly), then back down to 90-110 (normal ping rate for me), and it really has an impact on the games performance, especially when you're doing something that has high intensity gameplay (VMA on a stamina build) and things like bar swapping, or getting abilities to cast at the right time become problematic, leading to mistakes and errors being made. Sometimes you get multiple ping spikes in a row, other times I can go upwards of 5 minutes with no spikes, then they start again.

It's incredibly annoying and no one I've talked to seems to know what causes it, even when they experience it as well.

For reference, here's a ping test I did to a server in Austin Texas, from where I live in Ontario Canada.

b5uvq2a0d1ex.png

here's another test to a server in Maryland showing no packet loss and hardly any jitter and what have you.

pb1rucz0ad6t.jpg

Here's four days worth of teamspeak connection info (no packet loss)

6epkxs7g62s2.jpg

Normal in game ping

oobpfneu9vvw.jpg

Ping spike

clrm004x7b50.jpg

Also note, I have nothing downloading in the background. No youtube or streams of any kind. Just ESO, Teamspeak and Discord. Closing Teamspeak and Discord doesn't clear up the issue either, for the record.

The ping spikes don't happen once in a while either. It's literally day and night, every day. I've just learned to live with it, but after many months on end it gets annoying and it only seems to happen in ESO.
Edited by Sasyk on April 30, 2017 11:40PM
Sasyk Ik-ce - Spacey Ricochet - Swaggette - Andrea Ik-ce - Avari Lebe - Rubi Malone - Amaryllis Fox - Sergeant Moxy - Moon Unit Zoey - Retro Betty - Emmanuelle Sinclair
Nightfighters - Sempiternal Way - Macro and Cheese
  • ashenb14_ESO
    ashenb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    yeah, this and huge fps drops that started on dlc area and came to effect whole game...

lag...

my whole group are having issues, and our hardware means its not a common hardware/driver thing its gotta be the game/servers... :(
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I seem to get this in cyrodiil/IC everyday between 11 and 13 o'clock. Its rly wierd, only lasts 5-15 minutes tho.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all day for me in or out of Cyro. The spikes hit 3-4k at times.