Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

when morrowind goes live, can the PTS download be used

ErinGoBrag520
ErinGoBrag520
✭✭✭
I am wondering if we have to download the whole thing again. I know the characters won't save but maybe we won't have to download it all again?
Just curious if anyone has any idea.

Best Answers

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it goes live it should just be a large download to patch the current live game. It will not be a full game download. But, no, I don't think you can use the PTS files to reduce download size.

So not the huge downlowad that it was to get the PTS because that was the full game? Thanks.

Yes, and if you keep the PTS installed it will just do a patch update for future beta releases.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on April 30, 2017 11:44PM
    Answer ✓
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it goes live it should just be a large download to patch the current live game. It will not be a full game download. But, no, I don't think you can use the PTS files to reduce download size.

I want to add that PTS will not have the final version of Morrowind/Update 14, either. They never put the final version of Homestead/Update13 onto PTS, and I don't expect them to do it with Morrowind/Update 14.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Answer ✓
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I should clarify that I am asking that question with the assumption that the player has purchased one of the Morrowind editions.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭

So not the huge downlowad that it was to get the PTS because that was the full game? Thanks.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should clarify that I am asking that question with the assumption that the player has purchased one of the Morrowind editions.
    The download size will almost certainly be the same size for everyone, regardless of whether you've bought a Morrowind or not. Based on the size of the PTS download, it'll be around 10 GB (but may be more, since the PTS patch didn't include all the VO).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp