The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AoE Trash Pulls

Capt_Morgan
Capt_Morgan
✭✭✭
Has anyone tested using spammable abilities like Steel Tornado, Sap Essence, or Pulsar in an AoE setting? How punishing is it on resources, as it was already pretty taxing before. This might be another issue that needs to be addressed since Magika classes have the lightning channel but Stamina classes have no such option. Could somebody please test?
MagBlade main since early Access. Long live the warlock.
PC/NA
@CAPT_Morgan
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda why stamina had the caltrops damage increased. it's still behind the PvP wall though. If you're talking about mobile AoE DoTs, I don't think stamina has any version of that. apart from the 2H cleave.

though in terms of splash heavy attacks, the 2H class has the forceful passive, which still sucks because its only a maximum of 32% damage to nearby targets.

Really, I think that the 2H forceful passive should be increased, or at least make it different for each 2H type. such as: Give all of them 33% splash damage, give swords an increased splash damage range, give axes increased splash damage (up to 100% splash damage in total), and give maces the ability to apply minor fracture.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AoE is going to be Blockade + class AoE DoT + lightning heavy + destro ulti. Shouldn't be a sustain issue on mag DPS.

It's pretty rough on stam. Can't sustain nado spam and heavy attacks have no trash utility.

@Avran_Sylt agreed on the general concept of buffing 2H cleave damage. I like the greatsword and mace idea but I'd just give axes a chance to proc bleed on all enemies hit.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LiquidPony

The splash damage can already proc the axe bleed can't it? (Gonna have to go and test myself now, be back with results.) do you mean to increase the chance for light and heavy attacks?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LiquidPony

Hmm. you're right, it doesn't proc off of the splash damage. However, making the axe forceful bonus reliant on having points in another passive seems to put it at a disadvantage in comparison to the other ones. Which is why I'll still suggest having the axe increase the splash damage, but perhaps not as much as I had previously suggested.
  • Arbitrator
    Arbitrator
    ✭✭✭
    *Insert non existent class themed AoE CC for Templar here*