Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

「Desired Changes for DKs in Morrowind」Compendium of my desired changes for Dragon Knights

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First I will state that yes, I have played the beta both on a PC template (since my PC character is a Mag DK) and on my mates DK when he came over (since he has a lot of gear that I can mess with). I made a thread talking about my disdain for the terrible changes to the Stam DK variant but also DK as a whole, with the newest patch.
Obviously this isn't the final phase as Morrowind comes out in June but I feel that I need to strongly voice my opinions with these changes, especially since this is a class that I loved to play when it was all about standing my ground and the more opponents the bigger threat I become. Unfortunately the DK class has been gutted from what it used to be with some changes argubly fair while others completely unjust.
So now I will start with what I desire for the DK class which more than likely will never happen as the game changes are around the corner. I should mention I've more than certain I've made threads like this a while ago.
9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

ARDENT FLAME

DragonKnight
  • Standard of Might - I believe this should go back to 200 ultimate and provide the original 50% defile as this is an ultimate and it needs to be unique
  • Shifting Standard - Reduce the ultimate to 150 and also have the 50% defile apply.
The reasoning behind the changes as it was practically stated was because the current gameplay there is nothing OP about having standard of might as a 200 costing ultimate in the PvP crowd nor is it OP in PvE. I also feel the unique defile needs to return because like I said this is an ultimate, why should an ultimate have the same debuffs a regular skill has when it's something you save up to use and cannot use consistently within a 5 second time frame.

Lava Whip
  • Molten Whip - I feel instead of gaining spell damage (per tool-tip description) you should get increased spell penetration
  • Flame Lash - The 5% increase for this PTS patch should be reverted, it already preforms good enough on live.
I feel that increased spell penetration would overall be better instead of increased spell damage in regards to molten whip. Lava whip as stated preforms well and with the current soft cc/hard cc spam it preforms just fine in PvP.

Searing Strike
  • Venomous Claw - It's fine although I still want a blue claw animation but regardless this preforms fine.
  • Burning Embers - Change the heal from instant to a Heal over time when reapplying for said heal.
Venomous claw preforms fine in PvE so no changes needed; in PvP it's dismal but we'll come back to that later. Burning embers changes is because we have a consistent heal from our class now (Coagulated blood). Some may voice their opposition but I feel it's fair especially if the HoT was within 5-10 seconds max.

Fiery Breath
  • Noxious Breath - Remove or reduce the animation when using it and look into the reliability for it's debuff/actually hitting the target. I also suggest increasing the range by 2m and possibly increasing the cones radius.
  • Engulfing Flames - Same as noxious breath.
The reliability of both of these skills is annoying since sometimes mobs or players will somehow dodge the ability in front of you or noxious breath will not apply it's debuff. I also fee the range is a tad short; I do wish the stamina version was changed to blue flames.

Fiery Grip
  • Empowering Chains - Take away expedition and replace it with minor breech.
  • Unrelenting Change - Take away major expedition and replace it with minor maim reduce cost by 1500 Magicka.
I feel expedition on a DK who is about standing your ground is pretty contradicting. Minor breech would aid dps in PvP while minor maim would prioritize PvE although it could/can be deemed useless.

Inferno
  • Flames Of Oblivion - Change this ability to an AoE while keeping it scaling to max damage stat.
  • Cauterize - Make it what current flames of oblivion is on live but also add a DoT when it hits the target. The DoT applied can or should be around 20-30% of your tool-tip damage.
Flames of Oblivion AoE would benefit Stam DKs who do not have a really good class specific AoE, in the past this was an AoE and I feel it's time for it to become one again. Cauterize, this ability I do not feel any DK healer uses (coming from a DK healer), I've never seen a DK use this but changing it to a single target damage ability with an added DoT would be something I'd feel most people would like.

Combustion - Is fine

Warmth - Remove the passive and replace it with something like...
  • Ardent Catalyst - When dealing damage with Ardent flame abilities, have a 2% and 5% chance of causing a(n) explosion dealing X damage based on the amount of ardent flame skills on your bar (could be based on the damage dealt by ardent flame abilities but I feel that is a bit powerful.
I feel this adds to the "stand your ground" aspect that DKs were designed to have. Ardent flame abilities are close ranged abilities thus meaning you need to be in range (right next to them) for it to work. This also makes ardent flame abilities especially DoTs more useful in PvP for Stam DK.

World in Ruin - Is fine

DRACONIC POWER

Dragon Leap - Is fine where it's at, nothing needed as it preforms well for both morphs.

Spiked Armor
  • Hardened armor - Increase the duration of the shield you get and maybe bump it to 20%. The duration should be 6 seconds.
  • Spiked armor - Is fine
Honestly this was difficult because minor maim would've worked but then that would be redundant because of chains. I thought minor protection but then that could just be OP so I went with the duration increase and shield size increase although I feel 30% would be better. Spiked armor does fine as it is now and it much more useful to use in comparison to hardened armor IMO (as it is currently on live).

Choking Talons
  • Burning Talons -Increase the DoT damage.
  • Choking Talons - Make this ability utilize your highest resource or just make it stamina based.
I feel the DoT increase would be welcomed and fair especially with the cost reduction being removed and our skills being incredibly costly. Choking talons needs to utilize your highest resource as this is extremely costly. I do not want a cost reduction as this promotes soft cc spam which is annoying.

Dragon's blood
  • Green Dragon's blood - Have it restore a fix amount of stamina over time and reduce the cost of the ability by 1,000. (Have the stamina restored be based off of your max stamina).
  • Coagulated Blood - Reduce cost by 1,000.
I feel that Green dragon's blood is completely useless as stam recovery isn't exactly helpful especially when it's a byproduct of the same old terrible heal.
The stamina on return ca be a problem with permablocking builds but that just needs adjustments to certain passives and with the sustain nerf incoming it shouldn't be a problem. Coag and well dragon's blood in general needs a cost reduction as it's extremely expensive.

Reflective Scales
  • Reflective plate - Change name to Absorption plate and have it restore a fix amount of stamina or magicka (depending on the targets attack) e.g. restoring 300 stamina for each poison injection absorbed (I should add that you will not be damaged when using the ability nor would it reflect anything back at the target)
  • Dragon Fire Scale - This ability should return to reflecting all projectiles within 4 seconds but the shield ultimate does that now... so I suppose keep it the way it is now.
Reflective plate is pretty much useless and doesn't really provide any use but with this change it would definitely provide some use (IMO). Dragon fire scale,
I do wish this would go back to reflecting all projectiles but I doubt it; it could possibly be allowed to reflect projectile ultimates.

Inhale
  • Deep Breath - is fine
  • Draw Essence - I feel this needs to restore magicka based on the players hit, like it used to but the current way is fine anyway (no spoiler this time).

Iron skin - is fine (although I do want a change but this would be making it more damage focused).

Burning Heart - Change healing received so it only effects heals you receive from other sources other than your own (not really a specific change but a change in how healing received works).

Elder Dragon - Scrap it and replace the health recovery with reduction in dragon knight abilities (5% max) based on having 3 Draconic power abilities on one bar.

Scaled Armor - Is fine

EARTHEN HEART

Magma armor
  • Magma Shell - Increase duration by 2 seconds.
  • Corrosive armor - Increase duration by 2 seconds.
I really feel a couple seconds would make this ultimate even better.

Stonefist
  • Obsidian shard - I'd like to change this but have no clue what to put in place of it or make it into a trap ability.
  • Stone Giant - Is fine (no extra details for this one).

Molten Weapons
  • igneous weapons - Allow this ability to be cast from stealth without breaking stealth. Plus reduce cost by 1,000
  • Molten Armaments - Allow this ability to be cast from stealth without breaking stealth. Plus reduce cost by 1,000.
I feel that the stealth change would just be a quality of life change but the reduction is definitely needed to sustain the up-time and extra resource cost that comes in june.

Obsidian shield
  • Igneous shield - Revert changes proposed in the most recent patch and reduce cost by 1,000.
  • Fragmented shield - The damage dealt after shield expires should be increased and reduction of cost dropped by 1,000.
Overall I feel that 1,000 reduction in the cost for both of these skills are definitely needed especially with the changes coming. Fragmented shield needs to be worth using so increasing the damage provided may make it worth using.

Petrify and morphs - is fine.

Ash cloud
  • Cinder storm - There's really no use for the ability so why not revert changes? Make it so when standing in the storm you will receive major evasion. Reduce cost by 1,000
  • Eruption - I believe it's diameter should be increased 2 to 3m. Reduce cost by 1,000
Yet again the costs for the DK abilities are very expensive. I believe cinderstorm should go back as it was a rather unique ability that was powerful.
I believe eruption needed to increase the field it's one just to add a difference between the two and that it was rather small to begin with.

Eternal Mountain - Is fine

Battle Roar - I feel this passive needs an update. I believe when you use an ultimate you should receive Major Heroism for 5 or 10 seconds (That's if Major heroism gives you 3 per second). I believe 15 or 30 ultimate after using one would aid in recovering resources which is where it all comes down to. I also believe that the current changes for PTS version should also be looked at and reverted.

Mountain's blessing - Is fine

Helping Hands - Revert ability to where it was before and do not touch.

I definitely didn't steal that combat and gameplay pic from Gina
I did but don't tell anyone.
. This took sometime (around 1hr n 30 mins) but these are the changes I would desire for the DK class. Some changes a bit drastic but this is with keeping the stand your ground aspect aka the identity in mind; at-least I think I did.

Edit: Forgot to add this but I hope this is constructive for you @ZOS_RichLambert and @ZOS_GinaBruno ; although it isn't too detailed with numbers and statistics, I felt based on playing the PTS and playing on live as a DK that these changes would be pretty good for the class.
TL;DR These are my changes for the DK class that was created based on hope that will most likely never come.
Edited by MaxwellC on May 4, 2017 4:13PM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    You should focus on 2 max 3 things at a time. Doing so many changes at once will impact balance way too much.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @wimhwimladimf
    As stated I do not think any of these changes will ever happen especially around this time frame, I felt I should make a list and update it each major change to ESO (which is what I've done before).
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the thread is called "Desired changes for DKs in Morrowind" it really is better to keep it short and simple.
    Keep focus on the current issues that changed with Morrowind, because that is all we can hope to fix.
    If a Dev scrolls through your thread, he will automatically disregard it, because it looks more like a complete overhaul.

What i would like to see as a MDK:
    Since MDKs on live already have sustain issues, i would like to see a reduction in spell costs overall.
    We have a lot of very high cost abilities back from an era in which we had huge sustain through dynamic ultimate gain and Battle Roar. This has changed over time.
    Consider changing the cost of our spells:
    From 3,8k to 3,5k.
    From 4k to 3,8k.
    From 4,2k+ to 4k.
    This would bring us more in line with other Classes and alleviate at least some of the sustain issues.

Second change i would like to see:
    MDKs do lack the ability to disengage in Combat. We are more of a "Stand your Ground" Class, like a Templar. Sorc and NB have great escape mechanics with Streak, Cloak and Teleports.
    Once we are in a Battle, there is no way out, which leads to even more sustain issues in PvP.
    A change to Elder Dragon could help quite a lot:
    Elder Dragon: Increases your Health Recovery by 5/10% and you regain X% of damage recieved back as Magicka (and Stamina?).
    Could be 2%, 5%, 10%. Stamina would be a nice addition, because after the Stam DK nerfs, it looks quite grim for these guys.
    Important for the actual % Value would be two things:
    First, Cap it at a certain number per second, so it doesnt get out of hand.
    Second, make it damage recieved AFTER all Mitigation, Shields and such. This would prevent shieldstacking DKs and would also decrease the amount recieved for Perma Block DKs greatly.

TL;DR:

Spell Cost decrease to be more in line with other Classes:
    From 3,8k to 3,5k.
    From 4k to 3,8k.
    From 4,2k+ to 4k.

Elder Dragon Passive change:
    Increases your Health Recovery by 5/10% and you regain X% of damage recieved back as Magicka (and Stamina?).
    Values to be determined. Hardcap for resource gain per Second needed. Applies AFTER all sorts of Mitigation and Absorbs to disencourage Perma Block and Shield stacking.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DK's all around, since our in battle regen was ruined, id love to see escape and mobility be introduced. If you're going to take one thing away, then add something back in return to compensate.

Sorcs can Streak away yet DRAGONknight can't have a similar ability whilst quickly fly-fleeing?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constructive feedback hah. With that phrase in title You exclude 99,9% forum users.
  • Allu07neb18_ESO
    i dont think we need escape ability. its not our thing. we are "stand your ground" class. we need some buffs for survivability like that cinder storm change. and we really need some sustain buffs.
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Maxwell,

maybe you remember me as fellow DK-Heal from the other feedback threads. In general I agree with you on the proposed changes. Just one thing bothers me: Cauterize. I remember we had an intense discussion on that one and I still believe it should stay a heal. Just give the current version a small amount of AoE heal around the caster (like a healing flame cloak) and it would be fine.

As for obsidian shard, I - again - want to cite @Armitas since I LOVE that idea:
    Armitas wrote: »
    Obsidian Shard - This heal just seems awkward and without purpose. What are the chances I would need to heal and CC at the same time? How many bosses are CC-able and why would I use this heal for trash mobs. Why wouldn't I use healing ward instead? This skill really needs to stand out from among the universal and class heals.

I would like to see this shard do no damage but instead explode into a large aoe circle in the location of the the target that buffs the players in the circle as well has heals them like healing springs only with a larger upfront heal with minor ticks behind it. Also increase the cast cost of the skill and make the duration 8 seconds.

The buff could be (note some will require an increased cast cost)
    • Crit defense
    • Minor spell and physical mitigation
    • 2k shield in PvP
    • 1320 Armor Penetration
    • Stamina Regen hot.

The heal should be
    • ~2000 in PvP on the first tick
    • ~800 in PvP on the subsequent ticks.

If I have succeed in tuning Obsidian Shard then healing ward, blessing of restoration and healing springs will still be primary heal sources, while Obsidian Shard will be used in between as a buff rotation and aoe localized rapid regen.

This will give Obsidian Shard a clear, common, and desirable purpose while still being valuable for solo use.

Short reminder: the quote is from a few patches ago and numbers may have to be adjusted for morrowind.
    Edited by Zakor on April 29, 2017 5:04PM
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zakor
    Yeah I remember the discussion regarding cauterize but I still do not see this heal being used frequently as most of us utilize the entire resto staff skill bar alongside other supporting abilities. In the live stream the warden already had a cloak that would heal the person and an ally overtime so that idea cannot be introduced as another class has it.

The change for cauterize to focus on a single target DoT was to please the crowd of Mag DKs that utilize flames of oblivion (live version) for its single target damage as they do not have a ranged single target class skill; the DoT was an added bonus to make it more appealing and useful.

The obsidian shard change honestly any change instead of the current one would be an improvement. The current live version of this skill is as I stated in my other thread, completely useless.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you misunderstood me again. Cauterize shouldn't work like the warden skill:

Warden:
    Strong tick and HoT on caster, one strong tick on one nearby ally.

My Proposed Cauterize:
    HoT near the caster, 2-3 strong ticks on low allies per cast (similar to live but with projectile count instead of timer).

I can write my full proposal down here again (think I have it in some other thread and can copy) if desired. In my opinion the DK doesn't need more damage abilities but more support and heal. Improving cauterize would be the first step, reworking obsidian shard the next. If we would get back old cinderstorm it would be perfect.

Make DK-Heal fun again!
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zakor
    I'd rather you not have to write it again, the DK class isn't made to be a healing class it's a innate support class that's true and it does receive a healing buff that can be used to increase the heal of others but other than that the support is mainly damage soaking. I still doubt that a majority of DK healers even utilize cauterize in its current form, you should make a thread to get some feedback about that.

When you stated I misunderstood you well you just said make it a flame cloak so it's hard to get any kind of information other than what little you provided to begin with. If you make a thread and ask if cauterize should be changed into a different healing ability or made into a damaging one, keep me posted so I can see it.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk need more physical/poison/desease dmg, poison standart, volatole armor need change to physical dmg. Other ok.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read until "combustion is fine".

It is not... combustion is a skill that increases the status HoT and the status HoT base dmg is less than 500. Combustion should increase flame and poison dmg a 5%
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xvorg
    Care to explain how
    Combustion

Passive Rank I
    Increases the damage of Burning and Poison status effects by 33%.
    Passive Rank II
    Increases the damage of Burning and Poison status effects by 66%.

Is a HoT? Combustion is a Passive in the DKs Ardent flame category that does what it states above. The passive is fine and doesn't need anymore changes to it.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I like the DK as it is so far. If anything don't reduce the costs. DK is a hard hitter anyway, it leans more into the need for regen sets rather than damage sets.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Avran_Sylt
    Can't agree with you there DK is a hard hitter by what standards? If you're talking about the whip well only one variant of DK can utilize that effectively and that's a Mag DK; furthermore the only reason why it's doing so good is because of the soft cc root spam that allows it to proc consistently which I feel needs to be addressed.

DKs get to utilize regen sets and be put behind everyone else? DKs need a reduction and that's something I believe most people believe. The costs are so high with little to no regen because we were stripped from our dynamic ulti regen which made us a threat depending on the amount of people engaged.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Allu07neb18_ESO
    I think DK need only two things sustain and survivability.
    Our survivability comes from blocking and healing mainly.
    Blocking got nerfed. Yes i know perma blocking is op and nerf was needed.
    Healing also get nerfed because igneous shield is over nerfed.

Some ideas for survivability:
    Igneous shield- 3sec major mending
    Fragmented shield- buff size and damage

revert cinder storm its former glory
    Cinder storm- When standing in the storm you will receive major evasion.

Dragon fire scale- 8seconds 6projectiles
    Reflective plate - Change name to Absorption plate and have it restore a fix amount of stamina or magicka (i like this idea)

we also need better sustain it really sucks..
    make DK skills 10% cheaper
    Batlle roar- revert this nerf
    Helping hands- i understand this nerf, but perhaps it is littlebit to big.
    elder dragon- make it also give stam and mag recovery.

Some stam dk builds are op in live server, but the reason is shield ulti, certain sets and cp system. magicka dk is good spot also but not op. Those overall nerfs put stamina dk really bad spot and mag dk gonna suck also. So our class dont need these nerfs

• Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    i also think we are and should be a "stand your ground" class.
    sustain changes hit us too hard.
    there are many good suggestions in this thread, so lets hope ZOS will do something about it.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Xvorg
    Care to explain how
    Combustion

Passive Rank I
    Increases the damage of Burning and Poison status effects by 33%.
    Passive Rank II
    Increases the damage of Burning and Poison status effects by 66%.

Is a HoT? Combustion is a Passive in the DKs Ardent flame category that does what it states above. The passive is fine and doesn't need anymore changes to it.

My mistake, it's a DoT, and not a good one. The burning status is too weak, the posion status too.

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    I really only play one class. A DK.
    I have given up worrying what the lunatics-in-the-asylum are doing to this class. They have hated DKs big time ever since the original developers were kicked out. A rudderless ship is how I see the current 'developers' and I use that term 'developers' extremely loosely.

Now that they are about to introduce their new pet, the Warden, you can only expect to be brutalised even more.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the Stam DK was hit way to hard the stam synergies are just to weak for it to compete with any of the other classes in pvp...
    Magicka was hit but nothing like stam ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mDK only really needs two buffs to make it competitive in PvP again:

1) Improvements to sustain.

2) Improvements to DoTs.

How ZOS wants to do that I don't really care anymore. I'm over giving specific and targeted suggestions just to see them go to Warden. Improve our sustain and our DoTs and we'll be fine. Make us a true attrition class.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    For DK's all around, since our in battle regen was ruined, id love to see escape and mobility be introduced. If you're going to take one thing away, then add something back in return to compensate.

Sorcs can Streak away yet DRAGONknight can't have a similar ability whilst quickly fly-fleeing?

Are you a noob? Just save ulti for dragon leap each time and use that for mobility. Blood spawn for faster ulti gain? Yes, solution fixed.
    The Flyers
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FlyLionel
    Lol are you serious? Nah you're trolling, you've got to be. You did not just suggest an ultimate being the way to increase our mobility, nah of course you didn't; Clearly i'm seeing things.
    In all seriousness, what kind of misguided information have you been hearing, in what way does an ultimate constitutes mobility increases.

One thing I should mention, I'm against any mobility increases for the DK as that is not what this class is about. Now given that ZOS removed important features that made this class what it was aka a Berserker class where the more targets, the bigger threat you become; I can see why something in exchange would be required but mobility is not the thing we need.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »

Are you a noob? Just save ulti for dragon leap each time and use that for mobility. Blood spawn for faster ulti gain? Yes, solution fixed.

Maybe you should stick to the NB threads and leave the DK discussion to the actual DKs.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @FlyLionel
    Lol are you serious? Nah you're trolling, you've got to be. You did not just suggest an ultimate being the way to increase our mobility, nah of course you didn't; Clearly i'm seeing things.
    In all seriousness, what kind of misguided information have you been hearing, in what way does an ultimate constitutes mobility increases.

One thing I should mention, I'm against any mobility increases for the DK as that is not what this class is about. Now given that ZOS removed important features that made this class what it was aka a Berserker class where the more targets, the bigger threat you become; I can see why something in exchange would be required but mobility is not the thing we need.

dontlift is my guildmate, of course i'm messing around, you want me to be real? Yes mobility is not something that's needed with DK. It's never been apart of them, compensation should be real if on PTS DK seriously got slapped on.
    The Flyers
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Maybe you should stick to the NB threads and leave the DK discussion to the actual DKs.

I will stick to things I know best NB/DK. You shouldn't go for personal attacks especially if someone was joking and you don't know them. I main a stam DK tank for pve, and I've played pvp with both variations since orsinium, thanks though @Kilandros
    The Flyers
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I will stick to things I know best NB/DK. You shouldn't go for personal attacks especially if someone was joking and you don't know them. I main a stam DK tank for pve, and I've played pvp with both variations since orsinium, thanks though @Kilandros

Well, if you actually knew DK in PvP you'd know that we're not really joking about its current state.
    Invictus

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, if you actually knew DK in PvP you'd know that we're not really joking about its current state.

@Kilandros I'm on console and current state they are amazing, you're talking about current state on PTS. I don't have access to that; and now you're talking to me about it for reasons unknown? Reasoning please? I will say this from what i've seen, the meta is shifting to drinks generally right? So less resources=less of a nerf to battle roar and such=for major mending you'd need to have CC control or dodge rolls igneous into vigor for more successful heals right? So basically all I can say is what has been said prior, compensation for all nerfs. Your stance is more sustain and improvements to dots? Okay makes sense.
    The Flyers
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Meh. I like the DK as it is so far. If anything don't reduce the costs. DK is a hard hitter anyway, it leans more into the need for regen sets rather than damage sets.

Before Morrowind this was true

Now with morrowind I won't be able to cast more than a few times without running out of resources with or without regen sets
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on May 1, 2017 4:31PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like it
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!