Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wayshrines: In-Character or Out-Of-Character

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. They are acknowledges and accepted as In-Character devices.
    Majeure wrote: »
    They are part of the lore, however only the Vestige can use them, therefore you may not.

We can't all be the Vestige, you know.

think outside the box. isnt that what RP is all about?

THE Vestige is one thing. but it was made abundantly clear that all across the world, Mannimarco's Worm Cult harvested both Man, Mer and Beast and fed their souls to the Lord of Domination and Enslavement.

you may not all be the vestige, but many can roleplay soul shriven. and the game shows hundreds escaping
    Edited by Rickter on April 28, 2017 3:34PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. They are there for gameplay reasons and should not be used for In-Character purposes.
    MAEK wrote: »
    Krist wrote: »
    I put no, but must elaborate on it because it is not really a strict no.

Obviously they are accepted as lore to some degree, but the use of them takes away from journey and separation of cities and factions. If we accept that all can use them, then why did the factions march armies when they could have all just used wayshrines? We know they marched. An argument can be made that wayshrines cannot handle such an amount, and I say that because I argue the point in my own head...lol....but they do. Everyday.

Even with ingame quests, sometimes they finish by saying meet them somewhere else, and they run off, away from the wayshrine.

Sooooo...that is my no. I know there are good reasons for yes.

The reason that the armies marched and such is that to use the wayshrines one would need to have their soul separated from their body, and since the Vestige is conveniently soul-shriven they can port around Tamriel like crazy.

Yes but this begs the question why such things would be built all across tamriel if only one person (or their alternate selves if this is truely a dragon break) can actually use it. Its a good bit of wasted resources and energy to build these things if the masses cant use it or it cant be used in a strategic manner like normal portals.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teleports were in morrowind, oblivion and now teleports are in ESO. I don't see the problem of this thread.
    PC/EU
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Please elaborate)
    MAEK wrote: »
    Krist wrote: »
    I put no, but must elaborate on it because it is not really a strict no.

Obviously they are accepted as lore to some degree, but the use of them takes away from journey and separation of cities and factions. If we accept that all can use them, then why did the factions march armies when they could have all just used wayshrines? We know they marched. An argument can be made that wayshrines cannot handle such an amount, and I say that because I argue the point in my own head...lol....but they do. Everyday.

Even with ingame quests, sometimes they finish by saying meet them somewhere else, and they run off, away from the wayshrine.

Sooooo...that is my no. I know there are good reasons for yes.

The reason that the armies marched and such is that to use the wayshrines one would need to have their soul separated from their body, and since the Vestige is conveniently soul-shriven they can port around Tamriel like crazy.

Yes but this begs the question why such things would be built all across tamriel if only one person (or their alternate selves if this is truely a dragon break) can actually use it. Its a good bit of wasted resources and energy to build these things if the masses cant use it or it cant be used in a strategic manner like normal portals.

It seems to me that they are simply shrines. As a soul shriven, you are able to use the shrines as teleporters but that is not what they were built for. Kind of like a demon in other fictional universes being able to come to a place of a great and bloody battle, or a massacre sight. The spiritual uses of the shrine have given it spiritual properties that the vestige can take advantage of due to his own uncommon spiritual nature.
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    I said yes. But as with anything RP, it's all up to you and your guild.

And like everything, it's a tool, not black-and-white. We have used them IC when we need to use them for gameplay and it just makes sense nor do we want to RP a long hike across the continent.

But if we're meeting up somewhere, I might take the wayshrine, then mount up and "arrive via horseback" even if I made 90% of the trip by wayshrine. That way if 30 people are meeting up we didn't "all wayshrine there" IC. RPly everyone was doing different things related to their character and story and met here by various means. Even if IRL we all 30 got there via wayshrine.
    www.dragontears.boards.net