The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Plus Extension Due To Prolonged Maintenance

tatsel2008
tatsel2008
Soul Shriven
Does anyone know if for those of us the pay for ESO Plus due to the maintenance being for around 12hrs+ in the middle of the day when we would all be playing if Zenimax will be extending our ESO Plus by a day? Heard rumor but nothing concrete.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never have before, I can't imagine that they would today.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this is covered under the Terms of Service (item 5 I think) - and as @Reverb has said, it's not likely to happen.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    its not the first time this has happened and they have never compensated for time lost to my memory.
    Working as intended
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice... it's real money afterall. If you advertise that you are selling for REAL MONEY a 30 day sub, but the sub actually equals 29.x days, then the advert is patently FALSE.

They should extend the sub a day.. would it kill them?
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    it would be nice... it's real money afterall. If you advertise that you are selling for REAL MONEY a 30 day sub, but the sub actually equals 29.x days, then the advert is patently FALSE.

the t's and c's cover this clearly.
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

would losing a days gameplay kill you?
    Edited by Reaver-Stormhamre on April 24, 2017 5:37PM
    Working as intended
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭

I haven't read the extended detail, but I imagine that is covered somewhere in the TOS and that there's nothing that can be done to compensate lost time due to the regular maintenance schedule and how it's necessary and vital for the game to work properly in the first place.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • tatsel2008
    tatsel2008
    Soul Shriven

the t's and c's cover this clearly.
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

would losing a days gameplay kill you?

It doesn't really bother me, was more a curiosity because some companies will and some won't. Losing a days gameplay?! TRIGGERED! Nah it isn't the end of the world but still if you work 5 days a week and this is one of your days of it would still suck, not rage and spit the dummy out suck but still.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What you're losing in terms of value is a few nickels and dimes, if that helps.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?