Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    RavenRoxie wrote: »
    Templars...............................

giphy.gif

You forgot to remove the NB from your list.. Unless maybe magblades still work in some fashion? :pensive:
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the live version of orbs and shards.

But I do like the latest change compared to how it was before on PTS.
    The shared cooldown still is meh though.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so nothing about the Morrowind music? I wanted at least to hear the whole new Morrowind theme.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenniMyuu wrote: »
    I prefer the live version of orbs and shards.

But I do like the latest change compared to how it was before on PTS.
    The shared cooldown still is meh though.

That's how they do it. Nerf everything super hard. Then backtrack.

That way, it's seen as a "buff" from the previous patch instead of an actual nerf.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Soo.. Even if they fix it so you can have orbs/shards either do magicka or stamina depending on morphs, they share the same timer so you could only cater to one.. Wonder if that change is the next "fix" to this debacle in the next patch :pensive:
  • agabahmeatshieldb14_ESO

Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.

I'm not the first one to post about this but I just want to add my voice to the chorus. This is a PvE opinion exclusively, I should note.

My Magicka Dragonknight tank has higher values in Magicka than in Stamina. With the cooldown on (and nerf to) the Helping Hands passive, I can only convert a bit of that Magicka to Stamina at a time, and Shards was always a way to keep Stamina going for block and taunt on more intense fights. Making Shards restore the highest resource puts needless constraints on the way tanks build and assign their attributes.

I honestly don't think these changes to Orbs and Shards ever needed to happen. Keep Shards as a Stamina-returning synergy, or Magicka- and Stamina-returning with the Luminous morph. Keep Orbs as a Magicka-returning synergy, in both morphs. And keep them on separate timers.

The overall changes to sustain mean that these two consecutive nerfs, first to Shards itself then putting Orbs and Shards on the same cooldown, were not called for. Please consider returning them to their functionality on Live.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I can't help but feel the simpler solution to Orbs and Shards would have been to just have a morph for each.

@Turelus OR... have orbs work as 1 morph of each, and one of the shards morphs return BOTH but a slightly lower value.

That way all classes can return both stats but have to make a choice on which (So aids good group play/setup), but Templars have an interesting and unique way to do it by restoring both at the same time.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenRoxie wrote: »
    Templars...............................

giphy.gif

You forgot to remove the NB from your list.. Unless maybe magblades still work in some fashion? :pensive:

My nightblade is only used for crafting and thieving. ;)
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.
        • Known Issue: Luminous Shard’s resource return for the casting Templar is still restoring resources based on the largest missing percent. This will be fixed in future PTS patch.
        Developer Comments:
        Based on initial PTS feedback, we’ve changed the Magicka or Stamina this synergy gives you (as well as the Necrotic Orb synergy) to always restore the resource you have the highest maximum of so that it’s more consistent and reliable for your build type.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
    God, no...
    So magicka players have NO way now to restore Stamina? Aside from Repentance which is a completely selfish skill now AND it requires you to get kills first - so no proactive stam sustain. And again - some classes will get hit more than others because other classes have, even as magicka spec - stamina sustain tools.
    This is a very bad change.

How about - leave Orbs the way they are before this change, make Blazing Spear restore magicka only, make Luminous restore Stamina only and let the Luminous synergy return alone for the casting Templar (ie. - whichever resource pool is lower).
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so nothing about the Morrowind music? I wanted at least to hear the whole new Morrowind theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhaq4JP_t6o

It brings a little tear to my eye when I hear that one part.... Oh, we all know that one part. :D (1:10) I know it's in every theme since then, but Morrowind...... Morrowind did it right.
    Edited by RavenRoxie on April 24, 2017 7:27PM
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    I can't help but feel the simpler solution to Orbs and Shards would have been to just have a morph for each.

Turelus OR... have orbs work as 1 morph of each, and one of the shards morphs return BOTH but a slightly lower value.

That way all classes can return both stats but have to make a choice on which (So aids good group play/setup), but Templars have an interesting and unique way to do it by restoring both at the same time.
    I would 100% support this and it feels like a nice choice/consequence trade off.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar
    • Aedric Spear

I'm not the first one to post about this but I just want to add my voice to the chorus. This is a PvE opinion exclusively, I should note.

My Magicka Dragonknight tank has higher values in Magicka than in Stamina. With the cooldown on (and nerf to) the Helping Hands passive, I can only convert a bit of that Magicka to Stamina at a time, and Shards was always a way to keep Stamina going for block and taunt on more intense fights. Making Shards restore the highest resource puts needless constraints on the way tanks build and assign their attributes.

I honestly don't think these changes to Orbs and Shards ever needed to happen. Keep Shards as a Stamina-returning synergy, or Magicka- and Stamina-returning with the Luminous morph. Keep Orbs as a Magicka-returning synergy, in both morphs. And keep them on separate timers.

The overall changes to sustain mean that these two consecutive nerfs, first to Shards itself then putting Orbs and Shards on the same cooldown, were not called for. Please consider returning them to their functionality on Live.

on the other Hand your battle roar recover more Stamina cause your pool will prolly be under 25k
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds and can proc every 5 sec? Is this a typo?

Revenge of the Office Cat >:) But I agree, this is... so OP...
    I seriously would like to know why they added those research scrolls... Like it really is a stab in the back to us master Crafters

Nah, it will be most beneficial to Master Crafters anyway - it will probably cost a wad of vouchers, and won't really make a big difference because of the cooldown.

Yea that set, proccsets is a big problem for cyrodiil and now they add more? and that dmg + the stun, ffs why even bother..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Moncho11
    Moncho11
    ✭✭✭
    So the only sustain Nightblades now have is the passive that gives 15% resource recovery. As is SA is not worth it. To make it worth it the heal needs to scale with stats and cost needs to be flipped. Can't understand if I need stamina why should I use stamina. Finally as a stamblade this is the only skill I use magicka in PVE.

Now I understand the changes and wanting to bring damage down but looking at nightblades it feels like leveling does not help. Relentless focus is still clunky in PVE, shades are not used, and power extraction does not compare to Steel tornado in dmg. So basically the last skill in each tree is very underwhelming. If all classes had their active regen removed including SA then maybe we could be on equal footing but I still have not seen changes to Dark Deal.

Anyways rant done. I guess it's for the best been playing for 6months and can't get in a normal Trial on Xbox cause I play a stamblade(no proc sets) and I have already spent almost $1000 bucks in crowns.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gib templar buff
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defiler (Medium)

(2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Weapon Critical
    (4) Weapon Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage, you have an 8% chance to summon a Hunger that spews poison to all enemies in front of it, dealing 9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Really!? So after you toned the proc sets down you come out with this set?

So as a magic user that will have even less stamina and regen than before I'll have to try to constantly break free? If immunity worked it would still be bad enough, but cc immunity and immovable pots seem to be proc chances lately due to lag.

Please consider changing the stun to 2.5 sec with a 8 second cooldown and give templars our blazing spear stun back. Javelin is too expensive and gets frequently dodged by shuffle users because basic math says 15% dodge chance means dodges 85% of attacks. Guess i missed that day in math class lol.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad to see Siphoning Attacks' heal made to crit, and the changes made to Warden in order to bring some more thoughtfulness to its passives. Siphoning Attacks still needs to return both resource types for PvP mageblade imo.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 24, 2017 7:56PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renamed the title "The Tick-Tock Terrorizer" to "Tick-Tock Tormentor".

Im sorry, what? Tick tock terrorizer title was the best title this expansion added
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Not only are DK tanks getting hit by the shards and orbs being put on the same global cooldown, but helping hands is also reduced if you have any sort of magicka/stamina pools (shards and orbs are also nerfed with higher resources so stack health I guess?). On top of this, let's not overlook that the cost of blocking has been DOUBLED.

Doubling the cost of anything is a huge increase, doing it to a core mechanic that makes gameplay possible (can't really complete content of any difficulty without a tank!) for people and combining that with 4 other significant resource changes (orbs, shards, helping hands and battle roar nerfs) just seems irresponsible. Tanking and group content is going to impacted terribly.

This patch is turning into an attack on group utility and coordination while simultaneously wrecking solo sustain. What is going on? Please inform the players what the vision is because it's really hard to see at this point.
    Edited by Zvorgin on April 24, 2017 8:06PM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
          Developer Comments:
          Based on initial PTS feedback, we’ve changed the Magicka or Stamina this synergy gives you (as well as the Necrotic Orb synergy) to always restore the resource you have the highest maximum of so that it’s more consistent and reliable for your build type.

Guild
      • Undaunted
        • Necrotic Orb: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Come on, Gina! You promised me tweaks! It's there, you answered me. This is the tweak we need:
      • Spear Shards/Necrotic Orb: The synergy from this abilities and its morphs now restores Magicka and Stamina.

Templar no longer has a unique ability. Both abilities share the same cooldown. Is it so difficult for you to do this?
    • silvereyes
      silvereyes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I seriously would like to know why they added those research scrolls... Like it really is a stab in the back to us master Crafters
      I love that they are being added to the voucher store. It helps master crafters make more master crafters, faster. It's a big boon to existing master crafters, nearly halving the time to get your 8th and 9th traits on your 2nd+ crafter toons, if you are willing to invest the vouchers.

N00b crafters just don't have the same access to be able to complete Master Writs that experienced crafters do, and so this change is much less of a benefit to them.
    • GreatGildersleeve
      GreatGildersleeve
      ✭✭✭✭
      I hate to defend ZoS but I have to on this one...
      The Defiler set everyone is complaining about has an 8% proc chance. That's less than the 10% on my Engine Guardian. I guarantee you will not have 100% up time on that stun.
    • John_1999
      John_1999
      ✭✭✭
      The Defiler set everyone is complaining about has an 8% proc chance. That's less than the 10% on my Engine Guardian. I guarantee you will not have 100% up time on that stun.

I garantee you, if this + Velidreth procs together, you are rekt. :)
      Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
      Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
      -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
    • WuffyCerulei
      WuffyCerulei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Still no changes to the several sustain nerfs. Thanks, Zenimax.
      angry-cat-5.jpg
      For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    • GreatGildersleeve
      GreatGildersleeve
      ✭✭✭✭
      John_1999 wrote: »

I garantee you, if this + Velidreth procs together, you are rekt. :)

Lol. I didn't say anything about set stacking. ;)
      ZoS still hasn't figured that one out yet.
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you...About sometime actually read the tooltip instead of focusing on the damage.

This set is not that great...In fact you're better off farming the one from Trials that procs off Poisons.

In fact there are quite a few sets you're better off using then Defiler.

The Stun itself is pointless, as you're going to be CCing every 8 seconds anyway...
      Edited by Xsorus on April 24, 2017 8:26PM
    • ScooberSteve
      ScooberSteve
      ✭✭✭✭
      What the f? Thanks for nothing ZOS you haves destroyed templar. You have taken a great classes and completely destroyed it you greed mf. Bring in the $$$$$
    • J18696
      J18696
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like the part where they left igneous shield in the dirt.
      PC NA Server
      @J18696
      Characters
      Pridē - Dragonknight
      Vanıty - Arcanist
    • Didgerion
      Didgerion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So many new details!

Does it mean that the NDA is lifted @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    • mrdankles
      mrdankles
      ✭✭✭
      Garbage.