Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, Just Stack DMG Next Patch?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So am I understanding this correctly? "IF" the changes go live as are or pretty close to it, that it's going to be way better to stack damage (i.e. get out that Kena 1 pc) than, say, stacking for stam on my DK? Just wanna get ready with gear. I'm a little fuzzy on how exactly all this scaling off level will affect everything. Will I still benefit from running sets like Dragur to hit 35-40k stam or not?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage still scales with resource pool. So you gonna need it for better dps.
    Because I can!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect most will follow the streamers and do what they say. I suspect it will be sustain, focussed around 1vX (which most, although built for it won't be able to do). I'm gonna experiment with balls out damage and hiding behind the zerg for defence/recovery...
    Edited by Biro123 on April 20, 2017 9:54AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... and no:

1) Stacking max res on a DK (and redguard, etc) no longer helps you sustain. This shifts a choice between max stat and damage heavily towards damage. It's true that you'd almost certainly prefer a wdam bonus over a max stam bonus now.
    2) You can still make use of a larger pool. 95% of players do not really 100% sustain their resources but deplete them slowly enough not to recognize. You realize that once you duel a lot and fight good enemies in 5min+ fights. You have to sustain then and usually good players will weave in heavy attacks very early to never get low - something they don't under difference circumstances, e.g. when they 1vX a couple of scrubs. Thus, as long as you don't play for infinite sustain, the size of your pool does matter - a LOT more than players think right now.
    3) You will need a LOT more regen/cost reduction now. So probably you're more looking at the 1-piece bloddspawn than you're looking at Kena. "Just stack damage" is probably not gonna work out at all.
    4) I wouldn't consider PTS patchnotes final, yet. So it's not the best idea to decide/equip now.
    5) Maybe, playstlyes change entirely. Personally, I'm thinking of rerolling (my stam solo/ 1vX char, currently stamplar) into some heavy attack build. Resource gain from heavy attacks seems to be the only form of sustain not nerfed (yet) and these builds are already kinda strong. I can even see the msa 1-hand become viable now! I have no idea yet, if it will be good or not. But if it is (or something completely different turns out to be the strong thing), it could mean that build changes should be much more complex than "go for damage now" or "go for regen/cost reduce now".
    That said, it's kinda sad only sorcs and dk's have decent HA buffs, I really want to try this.

Finally, I'd say between dark deal, lost major mending for templars and dks, nerfed battle roar+helping hands, and stamblades already having it rough already, I am expecting stamsorcs to dominate next patch - to an extend where I'll almost certainly reroll into it... As of 3.0 patchnotes, which WILL change
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Careful though, the constitution nerf is an indirect nerf to dark deal. Between streaking and keeping surge up, dark deal use is already fairly limited.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kas thanks for that reply. Actually, leveling a mag sorc now but pretty much planning to run home right now and switch race to orc and respec for stam. I don't much care for the mag play style so far anyhow.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 20, 2017 10:11AM
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc will be stronger than ever in pvp with their cost reductions, high uptime for hurricane, crit surge heals, dark deal and mobility. 2 streaks and you can LOS and DD. I run mag pots on my Stamsorc. More mag means more dark deals.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going a stam warden wood elf. All the resource you need in a racial and two abilities.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going a stam warden wood elf. All the resource you need in a racial and two abilities.

Ssssssshhhhhhhh
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that the best way to not die because you're out of resources next patch is to gank, aka build for full damage, aka the exact opposite of what the devs are going for.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Stam sorc will be stronger than ever in pvp with their cost reductions, high uptime for hurricane, crit surge heals, dark deal and mobility. 2 streaks and you can LOS and DD. I run mag pots on my Stamsorc. More mag means more dark deals.

Biro has a point in how much Constitution helps the magicka sustain and hence Stamina sustain for Stam Sorcs.

I don't wear heavy over medium for the resists, but mostly for the extra magicka/sustain.

Bone Pirate is out there of course but I really enjoy having a deep magicka pool for utility. Trainee was excellent for this and there are other options like Prisoner which offer sustain.

I'm dabbling with a build built around magicka sustain and Weapon damage. Also another that drops Steak for Defensive Rune.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. THEDKEXPERIENCE
      THEDKEXPERIENCE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      My Magplar currently has 50k magic and only 745 magic recovery. I survive by heavy attacking at the start of battles to jab my opponents. When they gap close I still have my full gas tank.

My very rough calculations put my mag recovery around 500 in the next patch. As it stands right now, I'm not planning on changing anything. I believe that max resources and mixed with heavy attacks will be the new meta. We shall see.

Side note: I've messed with this set up and if you go with max spell power vs max magic your spells will hit SLIGHTLY harder. Like 15-20 points on an ability with 5000 damage slight. Personally, I've always enjoyed the larger gas tank though.
    2. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah I really like bigger resource pools versus straight damage.

One thing about the incoming meta is the strength of builds which allow ranged heavy attacks.

I mostly play straight melee and don't even slot a gap closer most days.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. Jawasa
        Jawasa
        ✭✭✭
        @THEDKEXPERIENCE you forget that you are losing 16% cost reduction from cp plus the constitution nerf and that is a huge loss of sustain.
      2. THEDKEXPERIENCE
        THEDKEXPERIENCE
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Jawasa wrote: »
        @THEDKEXPERIENCE you forget that you are losing 16% cost reduction from cp plus the constitution nerf and that is a huge loss of sustain.

This is true. I'm sure I'll have to make some concession but if my attack style is heavy attack and big gas tank already, I doubt it will be a massive one. Time will tell.
      3. Vapirko
        Vapirko
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »
        Yeah I really like bigger resource pools versus straight damage.

One thing about the incoming meta is the strength of builds which allow ranged heavy attacks.

I mostly play straight melee and don't even slot a gap closer most days.

Stam sorc with 2h and bow then?