Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Kvatch gladiator

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
How do you guys feel about this set?

2 items: Adds 8-688 Weapon Critical
3 items: Adds 8-688 Weapon Critical
4 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
5 items: When your target is under 25% Health, add 156-1800 Weapon Damage to your Light and Heavy Attacks.

I've been using it with werewolf hide and tremor/selenes/troll/bloodspawn ( still deciding on which monster set to use) and its working pretty well so far, i figured since I light and heavy attack quite a lot and my main damage comes from la+ransack bash it would be worth a shot but I don't see people talking about this set so that's why I made this topic.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one thing that holds it back is that the damage only works at 25%. There are other sets that increase light and heavy attacks all the time like elegant, noble duelist, undaunted weaver, and shock master. The 2/3/4 price aren't really that special either. Its just another set. Some can find use with it, but there are better ones out there.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I think one thing that holds it back is that the damage only works at 25%. There are other sets that increase light and heavy attacks all the time like elegant, noble duelist, undaunted weaver, and shock master. The 2/3/4 price aren't really that special either. Its just another set. Some can find use with it, but there are better ones out there.

Those sets pretty much suck on a Stam build though, I'm gonna try it out some more, maybe use it in a bow build too. Should combo well with molten armaments.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people aren't talking about it its a good thing. Means you're not just a sheep that follows streamer builds or min / max meta.

Seeing sets, trying them and if they work for you crack on is where the fun is.

But you realise if you post on here you might make it meta... Haha :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be ok, its an execution set. The thing is, every class has an execution skill that essentially works like the 5th trait on that set. So you're wearing an entire 5 pc that would have the same effect as a single skill, and you can pair that skill with a 5 pc set that adds damage all the time or as a proc.

But as you say, I could work as a snipe build but you would pretty much be waiting for others to get enemies below 25% before you picked them off.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 21, 2017 7:22AM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Well as a dk I don't have an execute other than executioner or dw steelnado.. I do use a 2h but as a buff bar but my dps comes from s&b and dots and barswapping to execute is just too unreliable on console imo (I play on ps4)
    I'm gonna stick with it for a while longer :smile:
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    I've had some success with this build on my stam DK using it with molten armaments in duels and vma...30k heavy attack executes....Haven't made it work in Cyrodil solo yet
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Use the sergeants mail set instead. It adds 1500 to heavy attacks all the time, not just under 25,%. But it is heavy armor so.......
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Well as a dk I don't have an execute other than executioner or dw steelnado.. I do use a 2h but as a buff bar but my dps comes from s&b and dots and barswapping to execute is just too unreliable on console imo (I play on ps4)
    I'm gonna stick with it for a while longer :smile:

It's not very strong for PVP, landing a heavy on a low health target isn't something that will happen regularly enough for good measure. It does pair well for bow with Marksman, and light weave with Poison Injection or Venom Arrow. But due to how weak it is up front you will struggle with any decent player.
    Use the sergeants mail set instead. It adds 1500 to heavy attacks all the time, not just under 25,%. But it is heavy armor so.......

You can get Sergeant's mail in rings an neck and still run 5 medium.

Really wanted this set to work better. I still have a full set of impen if it ever gets changed. But honesly I feel its pretty weak, It doesn't have the upfront damage to take down Absorb Shields enough to take advantage of execute range. Stam will start dodge rolling as soon as they get low. It's far to easy to dodge heavies, and lights when playing very defensively.

The crit bonuses on it make it stack as a PVE set, but it's really bad for PVE. Targets don't spend a long time in the range where you would take advantage of the execute. If the 2 and 3 set bonuses were changed to stam, stam recovery, health, or weapon damage then I'd try it out again.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on April 24, 2017 6:17AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..