Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf bastion champion point

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get some type of grin when I see sorcs get mad and then get arrogant about "maths".

Sorcs have fluid, simple mechanics; god forbid you aren't #1 in burst, sustain, survivability all at once, even though you're always in the top 3 for all of the above and you have NEVER been irrelevant in PvP.

Hate to burst peoples bubble, many of the Sorcs who think they're good are class carried, only a few sorcs in this game are exceptional.

God forbid ESOs golden child actually is actually made to earn some kills.

However, I do not support a nerf to bastion, because until they fix the glaring issues with other classes that rely on bastion.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here, this is a really good explanation:
    Minalan wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I bet most of the complainers are stacking crit chance and crit dmg along with penetration to combat hvy armour..

You guys know, right that if you take cp out of crit damage, there is a star you can add it to that increases damage to shields... If you drop spriggarns and instead add a weapon damage set or proc set like hundings or viper...
    There's is a set specifically to do damage through shields, also don't oblivion enchants go through too?

Yknow, building to combat shields instead of armour. Of course if everyone did that the boards would be full of heavy armour is op threads instead ..
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @Waffennacht @Minalan

Sorcerer shields were actually nerfed, like semi significantly... Probably by about 15-20%. I didn't realize it at first but we didn't escape unscathed. Going to try to avoid explaining it because I'd rather Pubs not know. But the smart players will catch on... Kind of sucks.

I think I know what you're talking about, and if it is, Im impressed with your knowledge of Sorcs.

If we are on the same page, we can make up for it, just at a cost of something pretty useful... to the point where I'm actually questioning if it could be made up for...

It's no big secret, it's all in the patch notes. The masses of pubs just can't read.

To help low CP players compete, diminishing returns on CP investment is now pure stupid. Dumping 25 points into a tree for a 2% gain is asinine. Thus, (the few smart) people will have enough points left for a generous amount of shattering blows without putting too many points into that tree. A good player will forego 1% crit damage and 1% elemental damage and take 10-15% shattering. Potatoes will go full 100 in both and blubber to ZOS about shields.

On top of that, elemental defender and Hardy CP took a hit, so damage against shields will go up 10-15%. Those CP are the only ones that reduce damage against shields, and shields have zero armor rating.

To make up for it, you'll have to stack on more max magicka, which costs slots. Or use major protection items/ultimates. Either way you're looking at shields that go down 20% faster (on the low end).

The hordes of whiners and half-wits will continue to complain. The people who understand math and basic game mechanics will say 'well played ZOS'.

He's kinda frustrated so excuse the... upsetness?

You can call it what it is. I'm a huge jerk with a ginormous ego and zero tolerance for stupidity. I'm also on my last 'triple secret probation' with the mods at any given time, so there's that.

My point is, on PTS healing and hardened ward stack costs something like 9K. We're not going to be recasting that over and over forever anymore like we can on live. We are going to die much more often. We are going to spend a lot more time doing heavy attacks.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet most of the complainers are stacking crit chance and crit dmg along with penetration to combat hvy armour..

You guys know, right that if you take cp out of crit damage, there is a star you can add it to that increases damage to shields... If you drop spriggarns and instead add a weapon damage set or proc set like hundings or viper...
    There's is a set specifically to do damage through shields, also don't oblivion enchants go through too?

Yknow, building to combat shields instead of armour. Of course if everyone did that the boards would be full of heavy armour is op threads instead ..
    @Waffennacht @Minalan

Sorcerer shields were actually nerfed, like semi significantly... Probably by about 15-20%. I didn't realize it at first but we didn't escape unscathed. Going to try to avoid explaining it because I'd rather Pubs not know. But the smart players will catch on... Kind of sucks.

I think I know what you're talking about, and if it is, Im impressed with your knowledge of Sorcs.

If we are on the same page, we can make up for it, just at a cost of something pretty useful... to the point where I'm actually questioning if it could be made up for...

It's no big secret, it's all in the patch notes. The masses of pubs just can't read.

To help low CP players compete, diminishing returns on CP investment is now pure stupid. Dumping 25 points into a tree for a 2% gain is asinine. Thus, (the few smart) people will have enough points left for a generous amount of shattering blows without putting too many points into that tree. A good player will forego 1% crit damage and 1% elemental damage and take 10-15% shattering. Potatoes will go full 100 in both and blubber to ZOS about shields.

On top of that, elemental defender and Hardy CP took a hit, so damage against shields will go up 10-15%. Those CP are the only ones that reduce damage against shields, and shields have zero armor rating.

To make up for it, you'll have to stack on more max magicka, which costs slots. Or use major protection items/ultimates. Either way you're looking at shields that go down 20% faster (on the low end).

The hordes of whiners and half-wits will continue to complain. The people who understand math and basic game mechanics will say 'well played ZOS'.

You can call it what it is. I'm a huge jerk with a ginormous ego and zero tolerance for stupidity. I'm also on my last 'triple secret probation' with the mods at any given time, so there's that.

My point is, on PTS healing and hardened ward stack costs something like 9K. We're not going to be recasting that over and over forever anymore like we can on live. We are going to die much more often. We are going to spend a lot more time doing heavy attacks.

Well I like ya bud!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    All classes will lose resources. This is not an exclusivity of sorcs. But some classes will lose buffs...
    Edited by LordSlif on April 20, 2017 8:03PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna go head on over to the PTS forums where players are allowed to speak about their current experiences with the updates...
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 20, 2017 9:02PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Next patch sustain issues may factor in to sorcs constantly having shields up that takes a lot of resource to keep stacked shields up.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, takes a lot of magicka to refresh shields, almost as much as 1 harness cast restores xD
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the looks of it everything got hit hard so we're all going to struggle together
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Waffennacht @Minalan

Spread that mitigation across. If the shield lvl is down, look into a Stam set to Regen Stam then stack break free/dodge roll/block/sprint reductions. While the shield lvl got a nerf, we got a buff to maximize other sources of actively making that shield last longer.

Sorcs still have that beast burst stacking that makes my Templar wet with envy. I'll take that if you don't want your sorc anymore lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual