Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Magblade needs love

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
What kind of damage do magplars do? I got hit with 4k heavy attack 7k dawn 7k bitting jab a 5k dawn tick and a 6k power of the light for the kill. I am wearing heavy armor at about 20k Def and have 3.7k crit resist with transmutation wtf is this garbage, even hitting him with a soul harvest he still healed up to the max. I have to sacrifice so much damage for defense while this guy has defense and stupid damage. Zos show magblade some love ffs. Buff Magblades!
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean stamplar? And honestly if you mean 20k resistance that's not a lot in this meta.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He power of lighted, heavy attack, dawn and then jabs. Because your resist is so high im gonna guess he has massive weapon damage, meaning his heals are also high. Your tanky build probably doesn't have enough pressure to kill him.

Are you a melee build too? Against such a build you don't wanna be up close and personal. Imo you probably faced your worst match up.

Edit, have you tried frost staff reach for roots?
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 17, 2017 7:41AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Against such a build you don't wanna be up close and personal. Imo you probably faced your worst match up.

And what will be a good match up for him/me? Facing cp91 magsorc without shields? They are my favorite to kill, but sadly I don't meet a lot in Ciroddil.

Jokes away - the point is that skill gap required for playing magblade and that stamplar (or insert your class here) is enormous. Why I need to play like KenaPK, to be at least competitive in PvP?

Why my combos always fail? Why my soul harvest is so trash, that when an enemy steps a feet left/right it fails? Why my funnel health is nerved and nerved again? Why my favorite play style - melee magblade is dead for 4 patches? Finally, why 0 good magblade players advice to slot cloak? And it's only just the tip of the magblade problems iceberg.

ZoS, pls, do something with it.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    What kind of damage do magplars do? I got hit with 4k heavy attack 7k dawn 7k bitting jab a 5k dawn tick and a 6k power of the light for the kill. I am wearing heavy armor at about 20k Def and have 3.7k crit resist with transmutation wtf is this garbage, even hitting him with a soul harvest he still healed up to the max. I have to sacrifice so much damage for defense while this guy has defense and stupid damage. Zos show magblade some love ffs. Buff Magblades!

You fought a stamina templar not a magicka one, lol
    Edited by Firerock2 on April 17, 2017 1:20PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well OP, i do agree that NBs could use a buff, just trying to help in the meantime
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard for anyone to survive against a well-built Stamplar's CC/burst combo. It's also hard for anyone to survive against a well-built Magblade's CC/burst combo. The latter may be harder to pull off, but it's still dangerous.

It also helps to know how your enemy's class is built. Trying to put Major Defile on a Stamplar with Soul Harvest is fairly futile, as they can just purge it away in a jiffy. The strongest counter to a Stamplar is effective kiting.

All that said, you're still right: Magblade in general and cloak in particular need work.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi friend

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/335029/magicka-melee-spells-nightblade#latest

Theres already a bunch of nerf sorc threads, we as nightblades should strive to just keep all of our concerns for our favorite playstyle consolidated onto one thread.

It is NOT nerf thread, rather it is getting the teams attention to abilities and a playstyle that is underperforming in PVP and bringing in unique changes that make sure the class has its own brand and definition rather than the brute force method that has been applied to the other classes.

I would like to make sure mNightblade maintains a high skill threshold and class definition rather than brute force damage stupidity that has seemingly befallen PvP.

Thanks
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the hots for magblade were stronger. I think the heal on strife and path should be doubled. In light armor both of those hots are really weak and then in heavy they are just average. I think impale should start executing at 50% or at least 40%. The merciless buff should stay active until you fire the bow, this will make your burst window more forgiving for open world PvP. Make it to where shadow image doesn't need a target to cast, and lastly make cloak remove dots and snares again. I don't think any of these would make magblade op, and it would make the class more fun for more people
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean stamplar? And honestly if you mean 20k resistance that's not a lot in this meta.

I'm sure he is not including his shadow passive, so probably has about 26k
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the hots for magblade were stronger. I think the heal on strife and path should be doubled. In light armor both of those hots are really weak and then in heavy they are just average. I think impale should start executing at 50% or at least 40%. The merciless buff should stay active until you fire the bow, this will make your burst window more forgiving for open world PvP. Make it to where shadow image doesn't need a target to cast, and lastly make cloak remove dots and snares again. I don't think any of these would make magblade op, and it would make the class more fun for more people

Thing is that the hots are already very strong in PvE, but that shouldn't affect them too much. Imo, taking Morrowind and the CP changes into consideration, nightblades don't actually need that many changes to be decent. Syphoning attacks and some other synergies will make the class very strong once all the others get nerfs in sustain.

1. They should reverse the strife nerf. Ever since they nerfed it and buffed shock I have been mostly running shock on my front bar. It can not be reflected and does more damage, the heal is already irrelevant on a class with 20k hp in light armor (aka my build). I realize that it's stronger on builds with more HP, but mine isn't taking advantage of that.

2. They should reverse the Dark Cloak 'nerf'. Cloak is already extremely unreliable. I don't believe that Dark Cloak removing dots was extremely overpowered and it sure wouldn't be in the current meta. It's still not removing roots and snares, only dots. I don't know how many people would give that up for the guaranteed crit, but I know I would.

3. Buff Concealed Weapon to bring it on par with Surprise Attack. Like come on, the damage difference is almost like night and day... SA will still have fracture attached to it which will still make it unique, but at least give us some damage @_@

4. Give Soul Harvest the Leap and Sweep treatement. It already hits like a wet noodle, at least make it undodgable. They already nerfed it once by increasing it's cost. Right now there is little reason to slot Soul Harvest on the front bar instead of Destro Ult or Meteor unless you're ganking. Heck even Soul Strike is better.

This is, according to me, what could and should make magblade great again.
    Edited by Subversus on April 17, 2017 6:58PM
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    WacArnold wrote: »

You fought a stamina templar not a magicka one, lol

Oh lol.

But yeah every class has some sort of defense and if dark cloak would work hots would be plenty of defense but seriously the lack of defense is dumb and because I'm forced to use a defensive set and be in heavy armor I just can't get the burst to do the job sometimes, which I would understand if they to were tanky and lacked damage, but tank and deal mass damage, that's bs. And merciless omg I swear I have that dodged so many times. It drives me crazy I have had so many times I got my soul tether combo set up just right all I have to do is hit merciless and execute but merciless gets dodged. Then I have to wait until my ultimate is back up because I have to build tanky and lack the damage to hurt someone, I need every skill to get the job done, and on top of that I have to wait to until they are lower health or shields are down to even attempt the combo. Ito just so noticeable how weak they are, unless you play light armor shield then your damage is good but you get smashed easy. I'm not asking for magblade to be God but seriously, they are getting the shaft right now. A magblade has small windows to attack if you build tanky and is way to squishy in light armor
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesn't care get used to it. People have been advocating for mageblade buffs since they gutted them.

Deaf ears. Best we get is a range increase to impale and a buff to twisting paths *yawn*.

In return, concealed weapon sucks. Dot attacks suck (lotus fan, cripple, agony). Cloak sucks. Sustain for dual wielders suck. Lack of magical melee attacks for dual wielders suck. Assassins will mechanics sucks. No class shields suck. Removal of sneak attack crit damage sucks. Shadow image needing a target sucks. Increase costs to strife and making it inferior to crushing shock sucks. Soul harvest increase sucks. End game Trial participation sucks.

Am I missing anything?
    Edited by LegacyDM on April 20, 2017 5:35AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Zos doesn't care get used to it. People have been advocating for mageblade buffs since they gutted them.

Deaf ears. Best we get is a range increase to impale and a buff to twisting paths *yawn*.

In return, concealed weapon sucks. Dot attacks suck (lotus fan, cripple, agony). Cloak sucks. Sustain for dual wielders suck. Lack of magical melee attacks for dual wielders suck. Assassins will mechanics sucks. No class shields suck. Removal of sneak attack crit damage sucks. Shadow image needing a target sucks. Increase costs to strife and making it inferior to crushing shock sucks. Soul harvest increase sucks. End game Trial participation sucks.

Am I missing anything?

Ultimates missing
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul harvest needs a damage buff but I don't think it should be equal to incapacitating strike. Adding a gap close mechanic might be pretty cool

Funnel health has been nerfed enough that I think concealed could use a buff (like major fracture or yet another dot)

Add another hot (debilitate)

Give the teleport shade a target radius (to damage automatically and apply major fracture to a target in the radius ) but I agree there shouldn't need to be a target to summon the shade.

I think shadowy disguise should remain as is, but dark cloak should be looked at. Maybe a snare purge? But both morphs continue to suppress dots?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Am I missing anything?

LOL true
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Soul harvest needs a damage buff but I don't think it should be equal to incapacitating strike. Adding a gap close mechanic might be pretty cool

Funnel health has been nerfed enough that I think concealed could use a buff (like major fracture or yet another dot)

Add another hot (debilitate)

Give the teleport shade a target radius (to damage automatically and apply major fracture to a target in the radius ) but I agree there shouldn't need to be a target to summon the shade.

I think shadowy disguise should remain as is, but dark cloak should be looked at. Maybe a snare purge? But both morphs continue to suppress dots?

Honestly I feel like if cloak would just work it would give me some time to recover since night blades have no defense going invisible would give us time to recover but since everything pulls you out of stealth it blows if they really fix that in the new patch it would be nice, it would be nice to have a usefully morph of it but right now I would leave it un morphed if it would just work.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade should not complain in this case. Crippling Grasp could turn Templar into a dummy (only mediumplars counter it easily), major expedition, teleportations, unblockable CC and powerfull burst - all is good against clunky Templars. You have all tools to kil a templar, but you prefer to whine even don't knowing opponent's mechanics.
    Edited by Ashamray on April 21, 2017 9:30AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Magblade should not complain in this case. Crippling Grasp could turn Templar into a dummy (only mediumplars counter it easily), major expedition, teleportations, unblockable CC and powerfull burst - all is good against clunky Templars. You have all tools to kil a templar, but you prefer to whine even don't knowing opponent's mechanics.

You're right the Templar match up is very favorable to a magblade, but the overall point of this post is true. magblades need some buffs.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right the Templar match up is very favorable to a magblade, but the overall point of this post is true. magblades need some buffs.

Path should be fixed to scale of Thaum
    Concealed should be buffed
    Clunky Assassin's Will should be... repaired somewhow? That is all, I think.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Path should be fixed to scale of Thaum
    Concealed should be buffed
    Clunky Assassin's Will should be... repaired somewhow? That is all, I think.

Yes, those were the buffs we needed (as well as the cloak fix they've supposedly implemented). Unfortunately, magblades also got a bizarre nerf (again) to our signature sustain skill, which is now borderline useless as a sustain tool in everything but brief fights.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm with you but please, please don't let any execute start at 50%. Jesus beam is toxic enough, at least it's very obvious and therefore easy to counter.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He power of lighted, heavy attack, dawn and then jabs. Because your resist is so high im gonna guess he has massive weapon damage, meaning his heals are also high. Your tanky build probably doesn't have enough pressure to kill him.

Are you a melee build too? Against such a build you don't wanna be up close and personal. Imo you probably faced your worst match up.

Edit, have you tried frost staff reach for roots?

yep, MB is just F@wked. I use the frost staff for that utility more than anything else.. Yer again sacrificing DPS, but the tradeoff to lockdown an opponent is too useful (sometimes as a means of potato escape ;)