Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc doesn't need nerfs it just Pirate S

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

Lol

Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.

Yeah, ok, sure. I guarantee you'll notice 0 difference in proc chance. Going from 2% to 1% will only change 1 out of a 100, not 50

Going from 2% to 1% will cut the proc chance in half compared to what it was before. It does not matter that the cut was "only" 1% - you will see only half the procs you saw before. Before, 2 out of every 100 tries was a success, after, only 1 out of every 100 tries is a success. That's a 50% decrease.

Or in other words, you will on average have to wait twice as long to see another proc. That's very noticeable.

The change from 6% to 5% only results in about 17% decrease in proc rate, but it still will be noticeable.

Yes your percentage is right, not questioning that. Im just pointing out how it won't be that noticeable. Let's say you're takin 4 attacks at once, per sec, that was a 24% chance, now it's 20% chance, so you would proc reasonably within, 4 secs, it's now 5 secs, so sure a 17% difference, which equals 1 sec difference. Point is that 17% is so small, it'll hardly be noticeable.

I mean, sure there is a 1 sec difference, but how often do you notice 1 sec in PvP?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 secs, it's now 5 secs, so sure a 17% difference

If those times were correct, that would actually mean on average you have to wait for the proc 25% longer than before.
    Point is that 17% is so small, it'll hardly be noticeable.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I think 17% difference is significant.
    I mean, sure there is a 1 sec difference, but how often do you notice 1 sec in PvP?

Seriously? I notice much smaller time units. Having a 300-500ms delay is already very noticeable. One full second is an eternity in PvP.
    Edited by Sharee on April 18, 2017 5:58PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 secs, it's now 5 secs, so sure a 17% difference

If those times were correct, that would actually mean on average you have to wait for the proc 25% longer than before.
    Point is that 17% is so small, it'll hardly be noticeable.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I think 17% difference is significant.

Seriously? I notice much smaller time units. Having a 300-500ms delay is already very noticeable. One full second is an eternity in PvP.

You're PC, you're gonna be hella,better with timing and times then us console plebs. Without a tracker a TON of opportunities are missed.

I would have to agree at, more than likely, your level of play it will be noticed. For a player like me that consistently has 10 min battles, 1 sec (or you know whatever it works out to) isn't noticeable. - also I keep forgetting my mind set is primarily duels, not group play where 1 full sec can mean 4 curses going off.

So I'm gonna put it out like: it will have a large effect on those whom experience top level of play/players. For someone like me, we'll prob hardly notice it.

Do you think that's accurate @sharee or do you think I'll notice a difference (honest question, as I'm considering alternatives)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest answer is that you will probably notice the difference if you actually watch for the proc before doing something.

If you just let it do it's own thing, without really paying attention to it, you will only notice it indirectly, in dying slightly more on average that you did before. And probably not even that - since this change will be totally overshadowed by other changes with much bigger impact in 3.0, so it will throw off any comparisons.
    Edited by Sharee on April 18, 2017 6:21PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest answer is that you will probably notice the difference if you actually watch for the proc before doing something.

If you just let it do it's own thing, without really paying attention to it, you will only notice it indirectly, in dying slightly more on average that you did before.

I'm just gonna take your word for it :)

I actually just got it in the right traits so I don't have as much experience with it. Plus I would hate for players to read my posts and get incorrect information.

So in your opinion, is the TK nerf or SP nerf more influential on said set? @sharee with your awesomely quick response
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

Lol

Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.

I understand the math.

The problem was never the proc rate, but the effect.

Namely the synergy between heal tank builds, sorc shields, and the protection buff.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Allow Crits on shields
    • Split "sharpened" into Physical Sharpened and Magicka Sharpened
    • Split Damage glyphs only into physical and magicka versions.
    • Reduce Impen critical resistance
    • Allow for maximum of one set bonus with need for 7 pieces for 5 piece bonus and either jewelry or Monster set. Not All.
    • Introduce actual penalties to magicka or stamina regen and costs for using armor not conducive to trait. For instance have severe penalties to Magicka regeneration and cast cost when using heavy armor. Not only do they forgo the benefits of increased costs for light but get tagged also for choice of using heavy.
    • Allow for one active guild, one active "world" and one active Cyrodiil Faction skills. (Not ALL)
    • Lock all armor skills AND Passives if character isn't wearing at least 5 pieces of it.
    • Introduce more flagged objectives further out from keeps in PvP to spread fights out in Cyrodiil
    • Limit use of tents to only be usable by the group that plants it.
    Edited by Vizier on April 18, 2017 9:08PM