Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar DPS PVP - Doubts and Suggestions

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Ashamray wrote: »
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    hello, are you on EU PC? I want to duel your magplar, if you don't mind. Just curious how this a bit strange build will work.

Just so you know this is how most of my duels go. I instantly try to melt someone with Soul Assault and radiant. If successful I get rage whispers telling me I'm a jerk. If not I essentially spam harness, BoL, heavy attacks and the Templar circle until I get a chance to SA into Radiant again 30 seconds after the first one. Then I get another angry message about "skill".

This is purely an up top Cyrodiil build because if you cannot use the Ultimate to burst then it's pretty pointless.

I also chug potions like nobodies business. That too is generally frowned upon in duels.

In cyro, before resistances, his SA is hitting for 7700 dmg per second. With a 19.5 k Shield, why bother even breaking free lol. Most cc last 3-5 seconds, so he just needs to sit and wait lol (5 points into Ironclad also gets you 3% reduction on cc timers. Not OP but not terrible either considering the points required.)

Absurdly​ beautiful.

This exact scenario happens quite often.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    hello, are you on EU PC? I want to duel your magplar, if you don't mind. Just curious how this a bit strange build will work.

Just so you know this is how most of my duels go. I instantly try to melt someone with Soul Assault and radiant. If successful I get rage whispers telling me I'm a jerk. If not I essentially spam harness, BoL, heavy attacks and the Templar circle until I get a chance to SA into Radiant again 30 seconds after the first one. Then I get another angry message about "skill".

This is purely an up top Cyrodiil build because if you cannot use the Ultimate to burst then it's pretty pointless.

I also chug potions like nobodies business. That too is generally frowned upon in duels.

Honestly. Never died to SA in a duel and what you are saying is just crap unless you show it in a video.

Your crit resistance is 1000 and it will take under 2 secs of burst to kill with alot of crit hits.
    BoL doesnt help you that much, when you are on defense a whole duel. SA or not.

So I just say crap on the tellings cuz I know better :smile:

But show me a video of that and I would gladly take it all back :wink:

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Honestly. Never died to SA in a duel and what you are saying is just crap unless you show it in a video.

Your crit resistance is 1000 and it will take under 2 secs of burst to kill with alot of crit hits.

He's one Shield is 19.5k. Most of cyro barely can fight a sorc with the same ward size across two shields lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I haven't dueled anyone in months.

Also, I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. But if you want evidence you're more than welcome to follow me around Cyrodiil from 8 to 10 eastern most nights. I'm on XBox.

Or ... I made it all up because being forum hero is exactly what I aspire to be. My many years of posting about the exact same things should in no way give me anything to fall back upon.

Also videos can be heavily edited.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

He's one Shield is 19.5k. Most of cyro barely can fight a sorc with the same ward size across two shields lol

Sorc got encase and streak and mobility is another world.

Magplars is doomed to spam BoL in defense and cant do ***.

Well yeah throw javelin and mist form to a better spot for changing the outcome.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Also, I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. But if you want evidence you're more than welcome to follow me around Cyrodiil from 8 to 10 eastern most nights. I'm on XBox.

Or ... I made it all up because being forum hero is exactly what I aspire to be. My many years of posting about the exact same things should in no way give me anything to fall back upon.

Well I have tried many things on magplar and I really just dont believe it for how I play, but if it works for you it is great.

This is why I love ESO.. So many builds to create for each class and it is great not to follow the meta everytime.

Btw. I am on PS4 EU, so cant follow or duel you unfortunately :smile:
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Well I have tried many things on magplar and I really just dont believe it for how I play, but if it works for you it is great.

This is why I love ESO.. So many builds to create for each class and it is great not to follow the meta everytime.

Sorry for my snippy reply. Everything I've stated is accurate and I have hundreds of hours of Cyrodiil under my belt.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I've had a magplar the majority of time since launch. That's what makes it interesting what he's doing. I haven't seen anyone actually run that way.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I've had a magplar the majority of time since launch. That's what makes it interesting what he's doing. I haven't seen anyone actually run that way.

Thank you. Been doing it this way for a long time now.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've melted players with SA from the get go.

On the build I used, tool tip was 110k dmg

So 55k dmg in PvP in 4/5 secs ish. (5 for easy math!)or 11k dmg per sec. If blocked roughly 5k dmg per sec. Meaning if my opponent uses no abilities, blocks, and has 20kish health, he dead.

Where it got mean was when (on me sorc) I'd cast the unblockable Curse then SA, so you're lookin at may e 30k dmg through block.

Medium armor really bas no counter for this.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone let me know how to cut and paste an image into this stupid forum? I took a picture of my stats yesterday.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone let me know how to cut and paste an image into this stupid forum? I took a picture of my stats yesterday.
    Have to upload to imgurl or something like that. Then get the link they provide
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea if this will work. Here goes nothing ...
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And nothing is exactly what I got. Haha.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/p4Sy3Uh

Try that. It's my unbuffed stats from yesterday. The spell power goes much higher in battle and I get an extra 5k+ armor when I cast my Templar recovery circle thingy.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Sorry for my snippy reply. Everything I've stated is accurate and I have hundreds of hours of Cyrodiil under my belt.

Try that. It's my unbuffed stats from yesterday. The spell power goes much higher in battle and I get an extra 5k+ armor when I cast my Templar recovery circle thingy.

Impressive magicka stats :smile:
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Impressive magicka stats :smile:

Thank you. Also that pic was not taken in Cyrodiil so my health goes way higher. Depending on emp buffs anything from 26 to about 29k is normal.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's higher now, but a year ago I think max magicka could reach up 100kish.

That involved a quest, however without the quest (or physique) it should still be insanely high.

Personally I've often wondered about Shadowrend and Necro on a non sorc or nb build.

The potential up time on shadowrend can be very high, and it would be a really cool, unique idea. Clearly not bis but definitely unexpected on say a templar... whom has a decent selection of dots to choose from... ajd would benefit from a massive gain in magicka... just sayin
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's higher now, but a year ago I think max magicka could reach up 100kish.

That involved a quest, however without the quest (or physique) it should still be insanely high.

Personally I've often wondered about Shadowrend and Necro on a non sorc or nb build.

The potential up time on shadowrend can be very high, and it would be a really cool, unique idea. Clearly not bis but definitely unexpected on say a templar... whom has a decent selection of dots to choose from... ajd would benefit from a massive gain in magicka... just sayin

I like the cut of your jib. Next time we meet on the Haderus battlefield I will make sure to teab... um ... salute you!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Sorc got encase and streak and mobility is another world.

Magplars is doomed to spam BoL in defense and cant do ***.

Well yeah throw javelin and mist form to a better spot for changing the outcome.

Well what the Templar does have is better synergy with less resource style builds, particularly heavy armor (not as severe as DK with battle roar but a bit more balanced). What makes his build funny is that mag pool comes from being in HA, which despite current debuff sources, is much better than mobility/Regen in outnumbered scenarios.

If it works for him, great! If it also works for others, even better!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    What's your gt?
    I play X1 NA and I've never heard of you
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    What's your gt?
    I play X1 NA and I've never heard of you

My gamertag is THEDKEXPERIENCE.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run kags/soulshine/skoria and do pretty great in pvp

38k magicka 16k recovery + channeled focus
    32k health (in Cyrodiil)
    14k stam

2.4k unbuffed spell damage 3-3.5 buffed but close to 4k when you factor in soulshine

Typical heavy armor resistance (idk atm I'm on train)
    2.4k crit resistance

I use mistform for cc issues and bol. No harness.

Soul assault tip is 80k and that with skoria and vampires bane usually takes anyone out
    Edited by a1i3nz on April 17, 2017 11:11PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm, I wonder how the up coming changes will changes temps?

Unbreakable eclipse sounds like a very hard counter to sorcs.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    RIP ESO
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was pts notes public or beta closed?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/fVoSogu

I got to 50k magic unbuffed. Who needs regen?! Get on the max resource train while you can kids.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/fVoSogu

I got to 50k magic unbuffed. Who needs regen?! Get on the max resource train while you can kids.

Haven't had time to log in and test but that may be the way to go with regen being nerfed. Just build for heavy attack
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was pts notes public or beta closed?

Fairly sure open
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I realized some things after yesterday's pvp.

Talking about GROUP PVP, I cannot Charge/PuncSweep into enemies if I do not have enough resistance/hp/regen. They'll hit hard, I must tank a little, and have enough magicka to cast BOL/Harness Magicka/Elusive Mist till I get away if they focus me. So, its mandatory to have extra high magicka or extra high magicka regen. Or both.

It'll be hard to maxmize Magicka/resistances/hp/damage, specially in the skill bars.

In the main bar I must run sweeps (main dps and heals), Reflective Light (slow, minor sorcery, major prophecy), Toppling Charge (Gap Close, essencial), Jesus Beam (otherwise I'd loose most of my kill potential). This would take 4/5 skill slots. But I feel not running Harness Magicka in my main bar would kill me, because most of the times we do not have enough time to change bars and cast it to survive. Also, Inner Light could bring me some more magicka and the major prophecy Reflective Lights brings me, but i'd not get the minor prophecy that skills gives me in order to maximize my dps. Also, i'd miss structured Entropy on that bar, to get some extra HP and major sorcery.

In the back bar, breath of life/honor the dead is a must have, so is elusive mist. The idea of channeled focus is great, since it gives me resistances and magicka recovery, but since Im moving alot in pvp, I dont feel the impact of the ability, since casting it all the time kinda breaks the impact of the skill (in my point of view). But I dont see a backbar without it. Then we have 2 slots left. Extended Ritual seems good in scaping situations, since it cleanses me, but I couldn't see its impact on pvp. I barely stay in its field healing (moving alot), and when I'm CCed, i Just cast elusive mist and run, so I discarded this. I could bring Harness Magicka, Toppling Charge or Structured Entropy to this bar, but I'd not have enough room to Inner Light.

So, I don't know yet how to get the perfect skill bars, enough resistances/magicka(or magicka regen)/damage to be effective with a charge/sweep MagTemplar Build in Group PVP.