Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar DPS PVP - Doubts and Suggestions

XuxuDoMangue
XuxuDoMangue
Soul Shriven
Hello guys, I'm planning my Templar Magicka DPS PvP build, and I'd accept suggestions.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13305

BUILD EXPLANATION:
This build is built arround the Eye of Storm, because I use to play pvp with my guild a lot, and I usually notice the lack of DestroStaff ults on my team. Also, I've choosen the lightining staff because it amplifies my aoe damage (procs puncturing sweeps and eye of storm and monster helmet passive), and gives me a new stun abillity with Lightining Clench.

Usually I'll dive into enemies using Toppling Charge/Eye of Storm, then I'll need an escape, that's why I got Elusive Mist, and the max I can get on elemental defender to neutralize the fire weakness.

My destro staff bar is focused on damage, while my OneH/Shield Bar is focused on survavibility and selfheal, considering I'll dive a lot into my enemies.

I'll wear 5/1/1 for undaunted passive at max.

But I'm on doubt about my set options.

I'm affraid to run out of magicka into combat, wich means I'm dead, that's why I'm trying to build something arround 1.6k ~1.8k magicka recovery. Also, I'm getting Channeled Focus because of the magicka regen. I'm trying to keep my max magicka between 30k ~ 35k, my Max Stamina between 13k~15k (because of the sprint, break free and blocking situations), and my Health between 25k~27k, which I consider a reasonable ammount to survivability.

But I think I'm lacking Spell Damage/Spell Penetration, while trying to find a ballance between those and the previous stats mentioned.

CHAMPION POINTS:
The Apprentice:
- 100 Elemental Expert: maximizing the damage.
- 27 elfborn: 10% to critical healing and damage
- 40 blessed: reasonable ammount of healing buff.
The Lady:
- 90 Elemental Defender: I'm trying to neutralize the fire weakness from vampire tree.
- 65 hardy: reasonable ammount of physical damage reduction
- 30 Thick Skinned: 10% of DOT damage reduction seems allright.
The Ritual:
- 30 Thaumaturge: Looking for the passives, because I don't really use too much DoT skills.
The Lord:
- 15 Quick Recovery: just to get the passives and the 5% healing buff.
The Lover:
- 75 arcanist: because I don't want to run out of magicka.
The Tower:
- 75 Magician: Same reason.
The Shadow:
- 20 Shadow Ward and 30 in Tumbling, reducing the stamina cost of blocking and breaking free, since I'll do it quite a lot in PVP.

SKILL BARS:

Lightining Staff: Puncturing Sweeps (Procs with lightining staff passives, spammable); Reflective Light (Since almost every fight in this game is in group, i choose this morph); Destructive Clench (this morph has a reduced range, but do AoE damage, and stuns the enemy because of the lightining staff)/Inner Light (I could use this on group PVP); Radiant Opression (more damage); Toppling Charge (stun guarantee) - ULT: Eye of Storm (explained at the beggining).

One Handed/Shield: Blazing Shield (do some damage, and protects me before diving with eye of storm); Honor of the dead (Since i'm not a healer, this will heal me enough and save some magicka); Channeled Focus (I could use the other morph, but I'm affraid to run out of magicka); Elusive Mist (essential since I'm diving everytime) - ULT: Spell Wall (more survivability, giving me some time to heal and run); Bat Swarm (do some damage and heal, not the best option but thats ok).

PROBLEMS/SET OPTION:

I'd like to hear u'r guys suggestions about my set choises and stats:
1- http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13305
First Combination is
-Nerien'Eth's Monster set for damage burst, with a 3 sec cooldown.
-Clever Alchemist set on the backbar 4/5, so I can drink a potion, get the buff and put the lightining staff for damage.
-Spinner's garments (jewell and 2 pieces), because of the magicka bonus (i'm not using inner light in the default skill bars), and spell penetration to compensate de lack of spell damage.
-Max Health, Magicka and Stamina Food.

With major ward and major resolve from channeled focus, and minor sorcery from dawn's wrath passive, major prophecy from Reflective Light, food and Battle Spirit from cyrodiil I'll get the following Stats:
36492 Magicka
26195 Health
15059 Stamina
1885 Magicka Recovery
42% Spell Critical
70% Spell Critical Damage
17373/23203 Spell Resistance = DestroStaff/Shield
15195/21025 Physical Resistance = DestroStaff/Shield
14041 Spell Penetration with lightining staff
1449 Spell Damage (2118 with clever alchemist bonus)

CONSIDERATIONS: I've got a nice survavibility and magicka regen, but I'm feeling my spell damage is too low, even with the 14k spell penetration. Don't know how to fix that.

So, I came in with an second set option, trying to increase and estabilize my spell damage, sacrificing some resistance and magicka recovery:

Second combination:
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13318
-Nerien'Eth's Monster set:
-Spinner's garments (jewell and 2 pieces)
-Magnus (backbar option): gives me some spell damage bonus with 4 pieces, useful when i'm not using the backbar. The 5 pieces passive can save me some magicka when i'm spamming Honor the dead while trying to survive. Changed the jewell bonuses in order to guarantee some extra spell damage.

Changed destructive clench into structured entropy, in order to get the major sorcery buff, the mages guild passive bonus and the extra health, but lost the stun.

With major ward and major resolve from channeled focus, and minor sorcery from dawn's wrath passive, major prophecy from Reflective Light, major sorcery from structured entropy, food and Battle Spirit from cyrodiil I'll get the following Stats:

37306 Magicka
26505 Health
16079 Stamina
1536 Magicka Recovery
42% Spell Critical
70% Spell Critical Damage
17373/22768 Spell Resistance = DestroStaff/Shield
15195/20590 Physical Resistance = DestroStaff/Shield
14041 Spell Penetration with lightining staff
2132 Spell Damage (more than buffed with clever alchemist passives in the past set options)

On small group or solo, i'd change destro staff into dual wield, and get Ice Comet instead of eye of storm, and maybe inner light in the DW bar, moving toppling charge to the backbar, or maintaining toppling charge in the DW bar, and trading blazing shield to blazing spear.

WELL, I dont know if this spell damage/spell penetration/magicka recovery is enough in PVP, and I cant test because I'm kinda new in the game and it'd take me some time to farm all the itens, then realize they do not work, so I'd accept any suggestions, THANKS A LOT!
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    Solo/Small Group Option to the Magnus/Spinner: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13366
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    1. Nerien'eth doesn't proc off of DoTs (Puncturing Sweeps, Reflective Light, Radiant) so its useless on Magplar
    2. Use Valkyn Skoria instead, it procs off of DoTs and is undodgeable
    3. Imo Blazing Shield isn't worth it unless you have over 35k+ health, instead you should rely on your HotD to keep you alive. If you still want a ward use Dampen Magicka, it's around the size of a Hardened Ward. Harness is another option and It'll help with your magicka sustain.
    4. As a Magplar using HotD, Channed Focus, and 5 light armor, the minimum amount of regen you need is around 1600 (1400 if you are a Breton). I use magicka drain poisons so I play with 1200-1400 (depending on if its my High Elf or Breton).
    5. If you're worried about sustaining, use poisons, potions, and Radiant Aura. It'll make a huge difference.
    6. You'll most likely run outta Stam before Magicka on a Magic Templar so imo you should think about that
    7. DW>Lightning Staff for dps even for AoE attacks like Sweeps, Eye of the Storm, etc. It's personal preference but just to let you know.
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    utb99 wrote: »
    1. Nerien'eth doesn't proc off of DoTs (Puncturing Sweeps, Reflective Light, Radiant) so its useless on Magplar
    3. Imo Blazing Shield isn't worth it unless you have over 35k+ health, instead you should rely on your HotD to keep you alive. If you still want a ward use Dampen Magicka, it's around the size of a Hardened Ward. Harness is another option and It'll help with your magicka sustain.
    4. As a Magplar using HotD, Channed Focus, and 5 light armor, the minimum amount of regen you need is around 1600 (1400 if you are a Breton). I use magicka drain poisons so I play with 1200-1400 (depending on if its my High Elf or Breton).
    5. If you're worried about sustaining, use poisons, potions, and Radiant Aura. It'll make a huge difference.
    6. You'll most likely run outta Stam before Magicka on a Magic Templar so imo you should think about that
    7. DW>Lightning Staff for dps even for AoE attacks like Sweeps, Eye of the Storm, etc. It's personal preference but just to let you know.

Thanks for answering me.

I've made some changes in the build, now i'd have some questions.

-1555 magicka regen should be ok?

- How much stamina do you think I should have in this build?

- I'll use DW instead of Destro Staff, as you recomended. But, considering i'll get two 5 bonus set in both bars, should I use Kagrenac's Hope instead of Magnus? I'll have a little bit more spell damage, but i'll loss the 8% chance to negate spell cost from magnus.

- Do u think I've got a good ammount of spell damage and spell penetration with this changes?

- About the skill choices, any tip?
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    utb99 wrote: »

Following your tips, here is the build now:

Magnus + Spinner: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13385

Kagrenac's + Spinner: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13386

Edit: I don't know if the magnus 5 piece passive procs enough, so I could get one more spell damage gylph on my jewell (the idea is compensate de 180 magicka recovery reduction with 8% chance to nullify skills cost) and equate my spell damage with magnus to the same ammount as using Kagrenac's Hope. With this setup, I could eventually use Destro Staff in order to get eye of storm, if my guild eventually need it.
    Edited by XuxuDoMangue on April 15, 2017 2:24AM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though we use totally different gear you and I have remarkably similar build load outs. Magplar, Elusive Mist, Lightning Staff and a smattering of offensive abilities. My best advice I can give you ... and it's guaranteed to get shouted down by someone because it's gonna sound weird ... get rid of a majority of your recoveries. My Magic recovery is around 800. I can manage it fine via heavy staff attacks and the Templar recovery circle. Then dump everything you took out of recovery into maximizing your magic. I'm currently just north of 49k magic, 27 to 29k health depending on Emp bonuses and 9k stamina. The 9k is still enough for rapid manuevers which I also run. You'll also notice that I run a primarily "PVE" gear type, even though I spend a ton of time in Cyrodiil. Here is my loadout. I do not have Undaunted 9 unlocked so it can still get a bit better but otherwise I have every possible end game passive unlocked.
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

5 Julianos, 4 on destro bar
    2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    2 Unmatched Monster pieces for extra large resource pools
    All magic and spell power enchants
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

I get my crit resistance via CP but 1000 is more than enough for a Magplar especially if you have Harness Magicka running.

Anyway, start removing your recovery and see how much you can get away with. You'll be amazed to find out how little of it is necessary if you're willing to heavy attack with your staff.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imop Amberplasm is beast, run it and clever alchemist, destro resto with monster set of choice....lots of resource management. If you are worried about tankiness, run the pirate skeleton monster set or bloodspawn for more EOSs
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though we use totally different gear you and I have remarkably similar build load outs. Magplar, Elusive Mist, Lightning Staff and a smattering of offensive abilities. My best advice I can give you ... and it's guaranteed to get shouted down by someone because it's gonna sound weird ... get rid of a majority of your recoveries. My Magic recovery is around 800. I can manage it fine via heavy staff attacks and the Templar recovery circle. Then dump everything you took out of recovery into maximizing your magic. I'm currently just north of 49k magic, 27 to 29k health depending on Emp bonuses and 9k stamina. The 9k is still enough for rapid manuevers which I also run. You'll also notice that I run a primarily "PVE" gear type, even though I spend a ton of time in Cyrodiil. Here is my loadout. I do not have Undaunted 9 unlocked so it can still get a bit better but otherwise I have every possible end game passive unlocked.
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

I get my crit resistance via CP but 1000 is more than enough for a Magplar especially if you have Harness Magicka running.

Anyway, start removing your recovery and see how much you can get away with. You'll be amazed to find out how little of it is necessary if you're willing to heavy attack with your staff.

But it has to be lightning or resto, trying to rely on heavy fire or frost is a sure fire way to get dodge rolled outta magicka.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

But it has to be lightning or resto, trying to rely on heavy fire or frost is a sure fire way to get dodge rolled outta magicka.

Absolutely true. I use lightning.
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

How much Spell Damage and Spell Penetration u got? Is 9k enough stamina to eventually block/break free?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

I have no idea how you survive with 9K stamina, let alone run a skill that uses 7k of it. I'm guessing you do just fine since you are advocating it ... but don't you think this requires a *high* amount of skill or fortunate circumstances - namely not running into CC and root spammers, and is perhaps not the best advice for someone inexperienced enough to ask for advice? It's not so much I am shouting it down because it's weird, it's a legit question to ask whether or not this performs very well in a dual (probably) as opposed to open world.

OP: If you are afraid of running out of magicka, if you run solo go back to your lightning staff and slot the skill elemental drain skill, if you run in a group use the Radiant Aura spell and keep your two swords. I like the drain skill because it also helps with penetration, something else you indicated you were worried about. That being said, if you run in a group its counterproductive to drain all your enemies hence my advice..

The sorts of builds advocated by the poster I am responding to potentially can work very well, they remind me of QAM's sorcerer builds and he does amazing on them, just bear in mind while they have amazing offensive potential, they are easy to run out of stam and when that happens, you're dead.
  • XuxuDoMangue
    XuxuDoMangue
    Soul Shriven
    You guys are helping me a lot, and I'm grateful for that.

I think my main doubt is: how much Spell Damage and Spell Penetration should I have to be a good dps in PVP? Since I'll dive into enemy's squad casting eye of storm, I must have a relevant burst capacity.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JoyDivision I think the pro play is to break free triggering the CP bonus, then casting rapids (if one were to do so in combat) that would bring it's cost down to 1400ish. (Imo, this kind of play is the highest level in PvP - without buff trackers I don't try this typically)

9k stam is enough with perfect stam control. When I was running meta sorc back in the day that's how I did it, (block? What is this block you speak of? Sprint? Do-Dodge R-Roll? Is this English? - that kind of play style lmao) plus stam pots.

But this is only recommended for players that know their class inside and out.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 17, 2017 1:30AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

Are you staying at range like that? Just wondering how you deal with pressure in your face. Do you stick to the heavy attack or do you find yourself spamming HTD?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

I have no idea how you survive with 9K stamina, let alone run a skill that uses 7k of it. I'm guessing you do just fine since you are advocating it ... but don't you think this requires a *high* amount of skill or fortunate circumstances - namely not running into CC and root spammers, and is perhaps not the best advice for someone inexperienced enough to ask for advice? It's not so much I am shouting it down because it's weird, it's a legit question to ask whether or not this performs very well in a dual (probably) as opposed to open world.

OP: If you are afraid of running out of magicka, if you run solo go back to your lightning staff and slot the skill elemental drain skill, if you run in a group use the Radiant Aura spell and keep your two swords. I like the drain skill because it also helps with penetration, something else you indicated you were worried about. That being said, if you run in a group its counterproductive to drain all your enemies hence my advice..

The sorts of builds advocated by the poster I am responding to potentially can work very well, they remind me of QAM's sorcerer builds and he does amazing on them, just bear in mind while they have amazing offensive potential, they are easy to run out of stam and when that happens, you're dead.
    technohic wrote: »
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

Are you staying at range like that? Just wondering how you deal with pressure in your face. Do you stick to the heavy attack or do you find yourself spamming HTD?

- I actually found some new jewelry today which pushed me to 49922 magic.
    - I do a majority of my CC breaking with mist form. Aside from rapids the only thing I use stamina for is blocking and rolling. I get 2 rolls in before I'm out of stamina. I just use them selectively. I spend a lot of time in mist form and casting harness magicka. I just so used to playing with no stam and really low recovery that it's normal to me. Take away mist form and I'd be lost.
    - I stay at range ideally, but if I'm gap closed I'll usually do one of 4 things. A) spam pokey sticks B) smash someone in the face with soul assault C) mist form away or D) cast shields and breath of life until I have enough room to C into A or B.
    - And yes, this is from what I've been told many MANY times the build out of a complete lunatic. It works for me though! I've tried many different variations on my build and I always come back to here. It's quite fun.
    - This is an up top Cyrodiil build. While it would be fine for dueling I wouldn't be using rapids in a duel.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on April 17, 2017 3:07AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your A B C or D are all like... some of the,best abilities in game lol

It like hearing the secret to winning the lotto is buying 5 million tickets lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    First of all..

If you wanna survive in pvp, then stop using honor of the dead and use Breath of life.. BOL heals you everytime where HotD sometimes heals others than you and then you die. They magicka saving aint worth it.

Im almost 500cp and are using Kagrenacs hope, Rattlecage and Grothdarr all heavy which is great dps and survival for pvp.

Buffed I am around:

2700 spell dmg with dw
    28k spell/physical resistance
    3200 crit resistance
    1800 magic recovery
    32k magicka
    28k health
    15k stamina
    22% crit chance(but doesnt mean anything when all run impen)

And thats with recovery jewelry enchants and atronach mundus.

I go with dw and 1h/s, but if you really wanna use destro ultimate, then switch out 1h/s with destro to proc it and return to dw bar for damage.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

- I do a majority of my CC breaking with mist form. Aside from rapids the only thing I use stamina for is blocking and rolling. I get 2 rolls in before I'm out of stamina. I just use them selectively. I spend a lot of time in mist form and casting harness magicka. I just so used to playing with no stam and really low recovery that it's normal to me. Take away mist form and I'd be lost.
    - I stay at range ideally, but if I'm gap closed I'll usually do one of 4 things. A) spam pokey sticks B) smash someone in the face with soul assault C) mist form away or D) cast shields and breath of life until I have enough room to C into A or B.
    - And yes, this is from what I've been told many MANY times the build out of a complete lunatic. It works for me though! I've tried many different variations on my build and I always come back to here. It's quite fun.
    - This is an up top Cyrodiil build. While it would be fine for dueling I wouldn't be using rapids in a duel.

You are right. That build is completely lunatic in pvp
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

Every time I'm in a new group it's "wait ... you run what?" Then shortly thereafter I'm getting a guild invite or running the group. Haha.

As long as I'm able to quickly spam the X button (it's harness magicka or breath of life depending on the bar) I can stay alive. The build isn't all that hard for me, but, yeah ... people think I'm crazy.
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh you don't need high damage to kill people @xuxudomangue .

I run 5 Light with sharpened Swords so that's around 9k+ penetration. That's fine
    I run 2.2-2.3k Spell Damage unbuffed

I'd prioritize survivability over damage in solo Cyrodiil pvp. Sure you can quickly burst down a pug in 2 seconds, but what about his friend who's on you like white on rice? You'll be squishy and run out of resources and die. I'd focus on sustain next

5 Magnus isn't great. In general I prefer hard stats over procs and chances, but most people agree unless you're RNJesus, there are superior sets to Magnus. 5 Kags is overall the best set imo for pvp for sustained dps.

Minimum Health on any build is AT LEAST 20k (M. Sorcs can get away with less but I don't recommend it) For stam I play with 21-22k, and my Magicka Templar has 25.4k.

I have 14.4k stam and I use 1 Bloodspawn Shoulder so I don't have issues generally.

Cost Reduction > Regen especially for Magplar
    M. Templar and DK don't get a bonus to regen like Sorcs and NBs, and most of us use high cost abilities like Mist Form, Radiant, BoL, etc. Also you don't regen magic in M. Form so regen is useless for 3-4 seconds :wink: 1 Cost Reduction Glyph is more than enough for most builds.

EotS doesn't give "burst" (It's super High Damage in a short period so technically it is but its a DoT and you can easily heal through it)
    Shooting Star is a true burst ability and is underrated by a lot of Templars in the community

Spinner will dramatically boost your dps (one time I nuked this max cp stamblade and I didn't even know he was streaming. He told his stream that I was the hardest hitting Magplar he's ever seen and he had a 10k+ Sweeps recap). But Spinners nerfs your healing, and is useless against M. Sorcs and M. NBs. In addition you don't get health nor regen so It's harder to survive with. That's why I dropped it and returned to Kags.
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

How do u get that much magicka from that build? I dont see it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

Every time I'm in a new group it's "wait ... you run what?" Then shortly thereafter I'm getting a guild invite or running the group. Haha.

As long as I'm able to quickly spam the X button (it's harness magicka or breath of life depending on the bar) I can stay alive. The build isn't all that hard for me, but, yeah ... people think I'm crazy.

I have to admit; it's an interesting approach. Not sure I could count on spamming anything with regen that low when pressured but I guess if you have that much magicka and you are near full to start, you could last a while before depleting. What does your individual BOL/HTD come in at? I mean; it could become a matter of efficiency if you can spam it less for the bigger heal so long as you don't over heal.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

He probably just found the 3 piece Jewel set that gives a percentage of mag back to you. Since he already stacked all that mag, the percentage increase makes sense.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

Luckily someone just asked me that in another thread. Cut and paste is awesome.

"I'll have to do it off of memory but this is essentially it.

Sword and Board - Max magic enchant on the shield
    Grace of the Ancients Jewelry (Willpower if too expensive) - all spell power enchants
    5 Julianos - All magic enchants
    1 grothdar - magic bonus with magic enchant
    1 non-grothdar shoulder- I actually have a health bonus one with a magic enchant. 2 separate one piece bonuses go a long way.
    2 Magus - magic enchants
    Magic mundus
    Divines on small, Infused on big (typically a PVE set up but I love it in PVP)
    5-1-1 heavy armor
    I do a destro on my back bar so I lose the 5 Julianos bonus. There is a reason for this. My regen is total garbage. I have to heavy attack a ton. After some practice it becomes second nature and there are many fights where I'll be fighting for a few full minutes and still have full magic because I'm essentially jabbing my opponent with heavy attacks. The lightning staff clings to people so you can just hold the attack button and it will find targets for you. Then when it's time to get dirty swap to the SnB bar and fire off Radiants. People get cut down like Sauron fighting infants.

Bar 1: Harness Magicka, Radiant, Pokey Sticks, Inner Light, Structured Entropy and Ice Comet (49922 magic)

Bar 2: Breath of Life, Templar Magic and Armor circle thingy who's name I can never remember, Mist Form, Rapids, Structured Entropy, Soul Assault

Enjoy!"
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

I have to admit; it's an interesting approach. Not sure I could count on spamming anything with regen that low when pressured but I guess if you have that much magicka and you are near full to start, you could last a while before depleting. What does your individual BOL/HTD come in at? I mean; it could become a matter of efficiency if you can spam it less for the bigger heal so long as you don't over heal.

BoL is on my back bar (about 44.5k magic) but I looked last night and it was unbuffed on the tooltip about a hair under 10k. When in battle my spell power raises from 2.1k to about 3.4k max usually sitting around 3.1k depending on a bunch of factors.

My Harness Magicka took tip on my front bar is over 19k unbuffed.

Lots of points into cost reduction as you'd imagine but even at sub 800 magic regen as long as I'm heavy attacking I never have any issues.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    hello, are you on EU PC? I want to duel your magplar, if you don't mind. Just curious how this a bit strange build will work.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

5HA-1-1
    S&B and Destro

2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    Divines on small
    Infused on large

BoL is on my back bar (about 44.5k magic) but I looked last night and it was unbuffed on the tooltip about a hair under 10k. When in battle my spell power raises from 2.1k to about 3.4k max usually sitting around 3.1k depending on a bunch of factors.

My Harness Magicka took tip on my front bar is over 19k unbuffed.

Lots of points into cost reduction as you'd imagine but even at sub 800 magic regen as long as I'm heavy attacking I never have any issues.

This is definitely now a "nerf sorc" thread lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE
    hello, are you on EU PC? I want to duel your magplar, if you don't mind. Just curious how this a bit strange build will work.

XBox NA, sorry
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Just so you know this is how most of my duels go. I instantly try to melt someone with Soul Assault and radiant. If successful I get rage whispers telling me I'm a jerk. If not I essentially spam harness, BoL, heavy attacks and the Templar circle until I get a chance to SA into Radiant again 30 seconds after the first one. Then I get another angry message about "skill".

This is purely an up top Cyrodiil build because if you cannot use the Ultimate to burst then it's pretty pointless.

I also chug potions like nobodies business. That too is generally frowned upon in duels.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I instantly try to melt someone with Soul Assault and radiant. If successful I get rage whispers telling me I'm a jerk. .

nice one
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Just so you know this is how most of my duels go. I instantly try to melt someone with Soul Assault and radiant. If successful I get rage whispers telling me I'm a jerk. If not I essentially spam harness, BoL, heavy attacks and the Templar circle until I get a chance to SA into Radiant again 30 seconds after the first one. Then I get another angry message about "skill".

This is purely an up top Cyrodiil build because if you cannot use the Ultimate to burst then it's pretty pointless.

I also chug potions like nobodies business. That too is generally frowned upon in duels.

In cyro, before resistances, his SA is hitting for 7700 dmg per second. With a 19.5 k Shield, why bother even breaking free lol. Most cc last 3-5 seconds, so he just needs to sit and wait lol (5 points into Ironclad also gets you 3% reduction on cc timers. Not OP but not terrible either considering the points required.)

Absurdly​ beautiful.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual