Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First off, I know I suck at PvP. But...

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LordSarevok dude, get real already. What you are trying to explain/prove sounds very smelly and unrealistic. I don't believe you for a second that you actually did all that and the guy killed 6 of you with NPC.

Show us a video, otherwise stop lying and get gud.

P.S. If it looks like bacon, smells like bacon and tastes like bacon, it is probably not strawberries.

Yikes, hostile much? To someone who's not experienced in PVP a player tanking a bunch of people while getting a kill or 2 looks like god mode. To the rest of us, it's not that abnormal.

To the OP, you mentioned he took no damage. Should he have been taking any? Do you know that your damage output with 6 people (1 of which was you, a tank) was adequate? I mean, most experienced players build there DPS builds to tank multiple high damage players at once. Now if you've got an experienced PVP-er building a Tank, it's quite amazing the beatings they can take.

Also....to prevent people from overreacting or being hostile to your post, be less matter-of-fact, and use less hyperbole (sustain forever, infinite dmg). Especially when you preface your thread with how little you know about the subject. You'll get better results next time, promise. o:)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My blazing shield tank is triggered by this post, please direct me to the nearest "safe space"
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a whole different world. Keep in mind he had 4 ish npcs on him as well. Never dipped health past 90% once even with destro alt, dragon leap, meteor, and at least one other ultimate on him. This fight was over 5 minutes long. I don't care if you say l2p or git gud. Something was wrong... And this is not the first time I have encountered someone like this.

i just knew i was gonna have a chance to use this again..i'm so happy :p
    ancient-aliens-im-not-saying-its-cheating-but-its-cheating.jpg
    on a serious note - i play on a fairly lively map, i've run into my share of very hard to kill - or - very lethal player characters...i know though, there are some folks out there investing waaaay too much time (just kidding, sorta :)) into perfecting their builds and skills...

having said all that - I know when I play someone who is good. I know when I am outclassed....sometimes our instincts are spot on, sometimes they're not...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 16, 2017 2:15AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    This hasn't been brought up but was this guy perhaps the emperor?
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    This game is funky man, there are a lot of people that have it all extreme tanking, healing and damage. It's starting to ***, me off I don't understand how this works. imo you should have 1 aspect to you, as in you heal, you tank, or you do damage not a strong combination of 2 or 3. Some of these players character sheets are just stupid. And With all these stupid updates and changes always going on you always get some strong classes and others get the *** end of the stick aka magblade right now getting screwed. Zos likes to do flavor of the patch, and leave doors open for some classes to get strong while others have to ride the bench.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP exaggerated a little bit. Didn't drop under 90 with all alts on him at the same time, or all ults used after one another? Any heavy armour build can tank an ult holding block; but tanking 5 ults at one time is not possible.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Switch out one of your tank sets with fasallas guile.

Step 2: Slot reverberating bash.

VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the people I play with are pretty damn good. I lose my will to play when there are players that can be beat on forever and live... Not only live, but switch to a back bar and decimate people with a 2h... We even coordinated our ultimates to no avail. This is a problem. These guys should not be able to sustain forever, take infinite damage, and wreck players too... Btw there were 6 of us on one guy... I don't care how you can spin this to "skill" 6 players wailing on him (I even had resource drain poisons on) and he never lost the ability to block? To compete I have to be an aids player? No thanks. Seriously broken.

The thing you need to check is the combat log.

There is a bug where it seems players are not hit by anything. Combat log will show no hits landing, no hits being blocked, no hits being dodged, no hits being absorbed.

It's 100% a thing, they will only take damage from ground target type abilities.

It's a bug... and all bugs can be intentionally exploited.

There is also a "bug" where a character in plain sight behaves as if they are under the world. ie your attacks will never land and you will actually see the animations abbreviated and super fast.

Lastly, in cases where damage is registering in the combat log... it's not that complicated to figure out what type of reduction they are getting. In the past this too has been exploited in game...

P.S. I'm unsure (leaning towards thinking it doesn't) about the interplay of increased cost poisons and block. Technically the cost increasing poison is on ability usage... not block, not dodge roll, etc.
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played for 2 hours or so tonight. Not one questionable moment like that. I think something was broken. When I say we coordinated ultimates, I mean it. 3,2,1 countdown and at least four fired off. That is only the second encounter like that I have ever seen. It felt so broken that something must have been. But that was the second time in a week or so. Not sure if new build or lag? Or hell idk.
    Edited by LordSarevok on April 16, 2017 6:40AM
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

I like that idea. I want my build to be a bunker buster.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

I like that idea. I want my build to be a bunker buster.

You'd get even more cancer inducing out of a hybrid sorc tank. Encase spam, fasalla, negate, reverb...
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP. Problem solved.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the people I play with are pretty damn good. I lose my will to play when there are players that can be beat on forever and live... Not only live, but switch to a back bar and decimate people with a 2h... We even coordinated our ultimates to no avail. This is a problem. These guys should not be able to sustain forever, take infinite damage, and wreck players too... Btw there were 6 of us on one guy... I don't care how you can spin this to "skill" 6 players wailing on him (I even had resource drain poisons on) and he never lost the ability to block? To compete I have to be an aids player? No thanks. Seriously broken.

The thing you need to check is the combat log.

There is a bug where it seems players are not hit by anything. Combat log will show no hits landing, no hits being blocked, no hits being dodged, no hits being absorbed.

It's 100% a thing, they will only take damage from ground target type abilities.

It's a bug... and all bugs can be intentionally exploited.

There is also a "bug" where a character in plain sight behaves as if they are under the world. ie your attacks will never land and you will actually see the animations abbreviated and super fast.

Lastly, in cases where damage is registering in the combat log... it's not that complicated to figure out what type of reduction they are getting. In the past this too has been exploited in game...

P.S. I'm unsure (leaning towards thinking it doesn't) about the interplay of increased cost poisons and block. Technically the cost increasing poison is on ability usage... not block, not dodge roll, etc.

I think this is what he experienced. Every once in a blue moon I do run into things I know for a fact are bugged. Like invisible players (like can't see him but I can offer to duel) sometimes they are exploited.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to what the OP said. I had this happen last week.

Respawn at our tent outside a keep to see a DK attacking a friendly NPC.

I run up and run my Sorc rotations on him (this was CP campaign) and he ignores me and keeps attacking the NPC. He is still near 100% health.

He finally kills the NPC and starts to run when some of the other players show up and start helping me out.

This DK never fights, never turns around at all to even do anything, and is still near 100%. He is getting fragged, cc'd, cursed, knocked down, and destro ulted, and his health never goes below 75%.

This is 7 guys attacking one person throwing everything at him.

In typical fashion- the zerg wave shows up eventually and burns all of us down.

Don't know how he did it and have not seen this happen since then. This was on PS4. This is why I started my thread about why people hate CP.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP exaggerated a little bit. Didn't drop under 90 with all alts on him at the same time, or all ults used after one another? Any heavy armour build can tank an ult holding block; but tanking 5 ults at one time is not possible.

Depends on the ults cause you definitely can block 5 meteors if no one cc you.