Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First off, I know I suck at PvP. But...

LordSarevok
LordSarevok
✭✭✭✭
Some of the people I play with are pretty damn good. I lose my will to play when there are players that can be beat on forever and live... Not only live, but switch to a back bar and decimate people with a 2h... We even coordinated our ultimates to no avail. This is a problem. These guys should not be able to sustain forever, take infinite damage, and wreck players too... Btw there were 6 of us on one guy... I don't care how you can spin this to "skill" 6 players wailing on him (I even had resource drain poisons on) and he never lost the ability to block? To compete I have to be an aids player? No thanks. Seriously broken.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the people I play with are pretty damn good. I lose my will to play when there are players that can be beat on forever and live... Not only live, but switch to a back bar and decimate people with a 2h... We even coordinated our ultimates to no avail. This is a problem. These guys should not be able to sustain forever, take infinite damage, and wreck players too... Btw there were 6 of us on one guy... I don't care how you can spin this to "skill" 6 players wailing on him (I even had resource drain poisons on) and he never lost the ability to block? To compete I have to be an aids player? No thanks. Seriously broken.

No offense, but if 6 of you cant take out 1 guy who isnt even blocking, then the problem is you guys...

6 geared, skilled, players will decimate 1 geared, skilled, player every single time...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get gud?

I bet it wasn't an open field fight and your opponent was constantly breaking line of sight.

If your damage is low, coordinatig couple of ults is nothing to a heavy armor s&b build.

Maybe he just used tremor and viper to wipe you out... then he barely need any resources for ransack to proc two sets.

If you complain about something you should include a video, otherwise it is a L2P issue.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Sorcs....

Seriously, there are some DKs who can and do do this.

(He he. I said 'do do')
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go back to COD.

Our q lines are long enough.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on April 15, 2017 10:15AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hate it when people tell me this, L2P. PvP feels a lot like this is the beginning and there will always be at least some people better than you who can just take the hits of 6 people. It's a matter of knowing what they're doing and having the right skill to negate it. Granted, not every class is easily equipped to deal with all other classes but I think that's a good thing. But a decent player of Templar, DK, sorc can hold off four to six with some basic resource management. I've just started a few months ago but was able to give 4 people a really hard time on my own recently. It's come with a lot of practice though, and staying calm and managing resoruces, knowing when to strike and when to hold back. Still struggling with the switch to offense though...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 6 people fail to kill 1 guy that is completely on you.

The guy is good at the game, understands his class, understands pvp and has a proper build.

You must not be good, must not understand your class, understand aspects or pvp and usually get kills by Xv1'ing people.

If even 1 of your group was as good as him, you would of killed him.

Your going to love battlegrounds.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    Was it in a CP enabled campaign or Azura?

Especially in Trueflame I always see this bunny hopping, blocking Templars with Proxy Det and Destro Ult taking no visible damage for at least 1 minute.

In Azura these guys die in 5 seconds as if struck by lightening.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every patch ZoS continues to cater to your mindset that the side with more people should automatically win. I'm not sure why you think it's fun or a good idea for one side to just show up and win simply because they have advantages "on paper," but that is in direct contradiction to the spirit of competition.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was online two hours ago tanking a full D.C. Zerg at a keep breach. Lived through a 20+ on maybe 4 assault. Later I lead a charge into Sejanus and tanked a few dozen more. After that I turned a corner and died to a solo player.

Moral of the story ... every class can be built up extremely strong. Not only do you need to L2P, but you need to L2Build. No one is unkillable.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at this thread according to this thread class and skills are completely balanced and everything is learn to play.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Lol at this thread according to this thread class and skills are completely balanced and everything is learn to play.

Well OP didn't post any real information.

Let's say he is 160 CP, his buddies are 300, 250, 400 and 600. If his opponent focused on the 600, while the others did not use CCs, it'll be a slaughter.

I've done this personally, killed 10 players, all lower levels, and not a single one would CC (and one CC would've been a death blow to me)

So It's very possible.

And then that same player can come across 2 veteran 600s and get decimated.

Without more info, the only advice that can be give is, "l2p"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fought one of these guys at Cropsford the other day. A blazing shield templar with 50k health. He relied on me to basically do most of the work killing myself from reflective damage. Of course, I knew what was going on, so would make sure to keep myself healed and shielded up while I wailed on him. We stood toe to toe for 5 minutes. I actually stopped mid fight to call in zone for some reinforcements. Eventually a DK came in and did a leap on him while I was putting preassure on him again and he died.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

There are 10-20 things bad people cry about in pvp.

Good players find balance in the chaos and have learned to adapt.

If you are waiting for any MMO to have perfect balance don't hold your breath.

Find a good build and some skill through hundreds of hours of PVP and you wont have any problems.

Cheers!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on April 16, 2017 12:36AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try leveling a character in 2 day and then head to TF to try and get warhorn with all divine and infuse gear. I'm sure you tears would blow you face off and then you would rage quit. ( unlike me )

I think some people are just not meant to PvP.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "to compete I have to be an aids player?"

Its an mmo with a non-competitive pvp system centered around their unbalanced end-game leveling system.

To be as good as others you have to run the same kind of build they run, taking full advantage of CP to eliminate any holes and weaknesses in your build.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can agree that ppl shouldnt be able to make builds that can tank, avoid and outheal alot of ppls dmg, and then also dish dmg back with infinite sustain, but at the end of the day, youre playing the same game as these ppl and simply put, l2p.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Its an mmo with a non-competitive pvp system centered around their unbalanced end-game leveling system.

To be as good as others you have to run the same kind of build they run, taking full advantage of CP to eliminate any holes and weaknesses in your build.

This is true in TCG or (e.q. magic the gathering) you have 3 top tier builds. About 80% of the field is one of these three, they are "BiS" about 15% of the base is "play as I want, my 5 color cat build is what I do" they are the "noobs" "casual" etc.

Then there is 5% that plays counters to the BIS, these will beat the META (but can't beat anything else, like el kitty deck) they are weird, look bad, but will make it to the final 4 simply because there are so many of the META decks.

So, yes you can (or in most cases) have to be meta to win, or you can be that 5% and be the guy that only beats the meta.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

This is true in TCG or (e.q. magic the gathering) you have 3 top tier builds. About 80% of the field is one of these three, they are "BiS" about 15% of the base is "play as I want, my 5 color cat build is what I do" they are the "noobs" "casual" etc.

Then there is 5% that plays counters to the BIS, these will beat the META (but can't beat anything else, like el kitty deck) they are weird, look bad, but will make it to the final 4 simply because there are so many of the META decks.

So, yes you can (or in most cases) have to be meta to win, or you can be that 5% and be the guy that only beats the meta.

In this game, the meta is to make a build with 0 counters by using a combination of class skills, gear, and CP to optimize. That means there's no meta-counter builds because the meta has no counters.

There's nothing that's gonna perform as well as meta setups and in order to beat them with non-meta builds you're going to need drastically more skill. You know this though, you don't play meta and I'm sure you feel the strain of it and I'm certain there are times you've lost to people with less skill than you as a result.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns I have no rebuttal to that (first time for everything huh? Lol)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am cp 535 and the noobs that I was with were all cp 500+. I was built as a pure CC build. He never fell or took CC the entire time, or lost the ability to block once. He would shake off everything. Talons, Obsidian shards, caltrops, poisons. Everything. I know when I play someone who is good. I know when I am outclassed. This was a whole different world. Keep in mind he had 4 ish npcs on him as well. Never dipped health past 90% once even with destro alt, dragon leap, meteor, and at least one other ultimate on him. This fight was over 5 minutes long. I don't care if you say l2p or git gud. Something was wrong... And this is not the first time I have encountered someone like this.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns I have no rebuttal to that (first time for everything huh? Lol)

Its the sad state of CP and itemization in this game, there's no specific setup you need to run to be meta, but the meta is creating builds with no weakness because the combos you can create with item sets and CP are insane. I know you do extremely well with 'non-meta' setups, in the sense that you look at not often used sets and unique ways of accomplishing things, but your success with these things is a testament to your skill more than pvp being remotely competitive.
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually just take me beatings then run, or shake my head and try to get better.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LordSarevok if You start thread with title " I know I suck at PvP" and then You complain about not beeing able to win 6v1 I am confussed. You have answer why You cant kill this 1 person in Your thread title.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 15, 2017 7:42PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of saying L2P I will share a little . You are going to have a hard time with 12 people against a good tank if none of them set up for them in Cyrodiil . You need to compliment your group with interrupts , stuns and roots . DKs have fossilize and talons , whip for off balance . Templars have spears for disorienting and keeping group stam up and jabs . Sorcs are great for dps and haunting curses for multiple damage bursts . They should us mines too with streak . Night blades should hard cc with fear and roots like crippling grasp .

Pay attention during the fight . Do not waste attacks when they dodge roll and have swirling around their legs . Trap the area they use for line of sight benefits and stay persistent with undodgeable attacks . They will go down .

This is a pain in the butt if you are ungrouped and uncoordinated and this is the type of victims they are searching for . Practice focusing as a group .

Edit to say unless they are wearing Reactive then switch to interrupts that do not trigger the set bonus . It takes practice . Avoid malubeth purple beams . Dodge roll them off .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 15, 2017 8:01PM
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am built as a pure assist tank for pvp. Easy transition from PvE trials tanking. I run talons, caltrops, fossilize, have tactician to set people off balance when I dodge, I run a combo of impenetrable and sturdy and well over 30k resists. Akaviri dragonguard, tavas, and bloodspawn so I can poop ultimates fast. Corrosive armor and leap as well as stamina and magicka drain poisons. I know I can take a beating. I also know what kills me. Nothing worked on this guy at all. I was even spamming interrupt and not once did it work, he was knocked down zero times, he took almost no damage, was off balance zero times, never lost the ability to block, and had enough stamina to go on the offensive?
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just my char alone should have played hell with his resources. I built this char to counter heavy sustain builds. This is only the second time I have encountered a player like this. The first was a templar a week ago. Same issue, wiped 8 people.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LordSarevok dude, get real already. What you are trying to explain/prove sounds very smelly and unrealistic. I don't believe you for a second that you actually did all that and the guy killed 6 of you with NPC.

Show us a video, otherwise stop lying and get gud.

P.S. If it looks like bacon, smells like bacon and tastes like bacon, it is probably not strawberries.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use poisons that increase cost of Magick a and stam abilities.

Edit: just saw you were
    Edited by TBois on April 15, 2017 8:47PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am built as a pure assist tank for pvp. Easy transition from PvE trials tanking. I run talons, caltrops, fossilize, have tactician to set people off balance when I dodge, I run a combo of impenetrable and sturdy and well over 30k resists. Akaviri dragonguard, tavas, and bloodspawn so I can poop ultimates fast. Corrosive armor and leap as well as stamina and magicka drain poisons. I know I can take a beating. I also know what kills me. Nothing worked on this guy at all. I was even spamming interrupt and not once did it work, he was knocked down zero times, he took almost no damage, was off balance zero times, never lost the ability to block, and had enough stamina to go on the offensive?

Maybe you ran into some kind of exploit if none of your attacks landed . In a legit fight fossilize is not blockable but I think it's dodgeable . If you spam that and nothing ever lands then I would say somethings up . Might have nothing to do with legitimate gameplay .

I've fought against some really good tanks and I could get interrupts in .
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The knock down zero times makes me think immovable pot or he may actually been running the Heavy Armor ability.

The no intterrupt doesn't mean much unless he was channeling etc something.

If it's all legit (could have been cheating afaik)

But the thing is, we don't know:
    Class
    Race
    Abilities used
    Abilities used against
    Damage dealt
    Offenders stats

Until we get that kind of info we will all be in the dark.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds