The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player back in Cyrodiil

VirtualElizabeth
VirtualElizabeth
✭✭✭✭
So....I took a fairly long break from ESO (almost 8 months) and an even longer break from PVP in general (1 year). Most of the people I am running with now are not avid PVP players so I was hoping for some tip and tricks from the ever caring and loving PVP community! I am largely a lover of all that is magic - The Magplar, Magicka Sorc and my recent newly level 50 Magicka DK. and most of my curiosity is about gear - what works now and what to avoid. In general these are my thoughts/questions and rumors I have been told:

First off I heard anything Impenetrable gear wise is obsolete. Is this correct?
Crit is meaningless when it comes to gear and monster sets (Bye, Bye Julianos). Is this correct?
Crafted will not outlive, outshine these new meta sets such as BWS etc. Is this correct?
As largely a magicka user, what monster helms are worth running dungeons for? I have Grothdarr already - which is largely melee range. Is there a good one for ranged damage that folks are using and for healing?

Any other tips you guys have I will greatly appreciate! Thanks!

Carebear <3
@ElizabethInAustin
NA/PC
Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impenetrable is still very much important if you're going to be in any kind of extended fight. Even with shields you should have some impenetrable so you don't get wreaked in the brief second your shields are down.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Sheuib!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    More players are wearing 5 piece heavy armor. 15k to 25k physical and spell resistance is a common range for most players except tanks hitting 32,500 resist.

As a magic dps wear 5 piece light for the Consentration passive about 5000 Spell Penetration. Use only Sharpened weapons to reach about 10k spell penetration without debuffs.

As far as Inpenetrable, it is not good for Light Armor Magic DPS right now. Run all Divines. Run 5 light for penetration etc, which means you will be lucky to have 10-12 resistance. Therefore you need to keep a shield up at all times during combat or you might get One-Shot. Remember we are mostly running at least 10k penetration (ie. Spriggans+Sharpened for Stam and Concentration Passive +Sharpened = 10k penetration) so light armor is going to get you killed quick with your shield down with or without inpenetrable. (This is why you see many magic dps running heavy armor now.) You can NEVER crit through a damage shield, so impen is useless on a light armor mage. Divines. Thief or Shadow Mundus.

Penetration/Resistance is the biggest change in PVP IMHO.

Have fun and welcome back!

Floki
    Edited by Floki_Vilgerdarson on April 14, 2017 6:02PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The single most important thing to do is wear heavy armor. I'm not a fan of impen but I'm in the minority. If you feel it helps you then go for it. If you stack enough magic you'll still be able to do plenty of damage in Cyrodiil.

Also, consider using mostly defensive abilities. Mist Form, for vamps, is amazing. You do not need a supercool 5 move offensive rotation. 2-3 offensive abilities aside from your ultimate is enough for 95% of the opponents you'll come across.

Good luck and welcome back!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!! Yeah my magplar and DK are vamps but I have resisted making the Sorc back again - I need at least one pretty character lol. But last night I was missing my vampiness i.e. mist form then bolting away! OMG and is streak broken or what??? I choose the option to bolt then I almost seem to go backwards lol.

Thanks for all the replies!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to wear heavy armor. I get by just fine in azuras with 5/1/1 full impen light as a magplar. You're going to want to avoid melee in massive fights, however. Solo to medium scale is the ideal size fights you'd want to partake in.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteMage Yeah I am starting to wonder if my Sorc is not suited well for my larger group participation. I probably should use the magplar in those scenarios.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC