Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, Pls buff Sorc Shields

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
Need to go back up to 10 seconds at least if you ask me. ;)
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Barbardin new sorc thread for you bro! #savage
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 sec ok..... but allow for crit damage to occur and shields should not be affected by some of this mitigation equipment it should only apply to the player itself ... you have to becareful with Sorcs they are the highest DPS on the field.. with also the best CC...
    However I hate the 6 second meta it's straight up crazy that you will end up with arthritis at a young age hehe...I agree that 6 secs is to short however if you increase it to 10 secs its current form it will be to much ...
    Edited by Durham on April 13, 2017 4:54PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields are fine, they are meant to be used in reaction to damage, not kept up 100% of the time.

Wait till the sustain nerf next patch when you CANNOT keep shields up forever:
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Shields are fine, they are meant to be used in reaction to damage, not kept up 100% of the time.

/agreed
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

IF light armor provided some defense, yes. But with the incoming high damage and absurd penetration values, you're often forced to keep them up 100%.

They should honestly start their timer after taking damage. You don't heal when you're at 100%, why do I have to refresh despite not being hit, just to avoid a oneshot?

Or just buff LA defense. Either works. But there's bigger problems out there, to be honest.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will still be perfectly able to. You just have to adjust your build for it and stack them - ironic if you ask me.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    10 sec ok..... but allow for crit damage to occur and shields should not be affected by some of this mitigation equipment it should only apply to the player itself ... you have to becareful with Sorcs they are the highest DPS on the field.. with also the best CC...
    However I hate the 6 second meta it's straight up crazy that you will end up with arthritis at a young age hehe...I agree that 6 secs is to short however if you increase it to 10 secs its current form it will be to much ...

Okay crit on shields is cool. Now remove shuffle and evasion, and reduce dodge time by .1 sec on dodge roll and it's all square.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

My dark conversion disagrees with you.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

So, then, why would I ever pick a ward over a heal?

It would allow my opponent to crit, and have a completely 0 damage armor mitigation and even less gear to mitigate.

As is at, 22k resist (after opponent reduces it) a heal is more effective than a ward with the same amount.

Spot heals would become mandatory, which also would PWN poor mNbs...

As is, I think the only thing that possible could even be considered and still be legit, is the maybe adjusting shield stacking... maybe... if I was to give on anything l, it would be that.

Btw the best CC is fear, esp when the animation and/or CC break doesn't work
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 13, 2017 7:07PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Starless06
    Starless06
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer already have a 10 second shield. Empowered ward.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starless06 wrote: »
    Sorcerer already have a 10 second shield. Empowered ward.

Naw. Change that morph, increase all wards/shields to 10 secs
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are a weird subject nowdays.

They are strong in 1v1
    Lose effectiveness quite quickly in any 1vX or multiple opponent fights.
    Still make a lot of crit passives, skills etc.. useless.
    Do have a very short duration which is a bit annoying, maybe 8s?

Allow bad players to survive by literally spamming them for several minutes which is also annoying.
    Stacking allows anyone you don't actually kill to get back to full hp, also annoying.

Shields are a bit weird nowdays, people complained about sorc's stacking them and then zos nerfed all shield duration.. for some reason.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are strong in 1v1

Allow bad players to survive by literally spamming them for several minutes which is also annoying.
    Stacking allows anyone you don't actually kill to get back to full hp, also annoying.

Shields are a bit weird nowdays, people complained about sorc's stacking them and then zos nerfed all shield duration.. for some reason.

Duration before was ridiculously long, however I feel that 6 seconds is ridiculously short. By the time you cast a second shield, the first one has like 3 seconds left. They should be increased up to 10 seconds at least, and maybe decrease the maximum shielding they do by 2%. Things only need slight changes, yet ZOS lovessss hitting things with a 5% or 10%, or changing furation in seconds by 10, 15, 20.... it's like why don't you start with a 5 second and small percentage change first?

I believe the balance problem stems from over exaggerating buffs and nerfs to skills, gear, etc. every patch... like just make smaller incremental changes.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The same is true for dodgeroll. Or blocking. Any bad player can just go full defense until reinforcements arrive and dish out an ult.
    Vigor and Dragon Blood are just as strong as shields if used correctly. Shields eat all damage and CC and status effects, whereas dodge avoids those and even breaks roots and is unaffected by snares, on top of granting Expedition with a bow. And don't get me started on Healing Ward flying off to an ally.
    In the end, absurd healing and the burst meta is what's plagueing Cyro, alongside zergs, of course.

As for me, I'm smiling when I look at those "nerf shields" threads, knowing how easily two damage builds dps them down. While that Nightblade over there dodges every. single. Frag from multiple opponents. Sure....
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

My dark conversion disagrees with you.

Dark Conversion - Dark Conversion - get CC'd - die ?
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

You will still be perfectly able to. You just have to adjust your build for it and stack them - ironic if you ask me.

Yes but hopefully you'll actually have to sacrifice damage to do so.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

The same is true for dodgeroll. Or blocking. Any bad player can just go full defense until reinforcements arrive and dish out an ult.
    Vigor and Dragon Blood are just as strong as shields if used correctly. Shields eat all damage and CC and status effects, whereas dodge avoids those and even breaks roots and is unaffected by snares, on top of granting Expedition with a bow. And don't get me started on Healing Ward flying off to an ally.
    In the end, absurd healing and the burst meta is what's plagueing Cyro, alongside zergs, of course.

As for me, I'm smiling when I look at those "nerf shields" threads, knowing how easily two damage builds dps them down. While that Nightblade over there dodges every. single. Frag from multiple opponents. Sure....

The part about dodge roll does not comport with reality. The consecutive use penalty is brutal, especially for stam classes that have to balance dodge rolling with their abilities, and that don't have Dark Deal.

Also, please bear in mind that dodge roll only gets less expensive in medium armor, which no one in their right mind wears in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by waitwhat on April 14, 2017 6:03PM
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are strong in 1v1

The idea for nerfing duration was to make shields less stackable by reducing the duration for which they could overlap, i.e.
    be stacked.

The standpoint ZOS took really isn't weird. Sorcs just don't like it.

"30s to eval"
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »

The part about dodge roll does not comport with reality. The consecutive use penalty is brutal, especially for stam classes that have to balance dodge rolling with their abilities, and that don't have Dark Exchange.

Also, please bear in mind that dodge roll only gets less expensive in medium armor, which no one in their right mind wears in Cyrodiil.

People whom wanna dodge roll do... or stamNB insta gibbers... (that's about it tho...)

About the shields supposedly being a reaction to damage: that works great and all except the 10k power lash, 10k incap, 10k barrage, 10k frag.

It would be cool not to die immediately in light armor with no ward, but it just doesn't work that way.

Edit: I dare you to take on my 110k tool tip soul assault with a LA and no ward...lmfao
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 14, 2017 6:05PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The part about dodge roll does not comport with reality. The consecutive use penalty is brutal, especially for stam classes that have to balance dodge rolling with their abilities, and that don't have Dark Exchange.

People whom wanna dodge roll do... or stamNB insta gibbers... (that's about it tho...)

About the shields supposedly being a reaction to damage: that works great and all except the 10k power lash, 10k incap, 10k barrage, 10k frag.

It would be cool not to die immediately in light armor with no ward, but it just doesn't work that way.

Yeah...no.

Stamblades aren't wearing medium anymore. Even the gankers are in heavy. I only play a stamblade. I only hang out with stamblades in Cyrodiil. Nobody is in medium, and nobody truly counts on dodge roll to save them. You just get used to dying if the gank fails and you can't cloak away or re-burst them down.

"30s to eval"
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they buff this revert blazing soear changes and radiant nerf
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: I dare you to take on my 110k tool tip soul assault with a LA and no ward...lmfao

you are telling me? You are getting hit for 10k power lashes and frags though your sheilds?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah...no.

Stamblades aren't wearing medium anymore. Even the gankers are in heavy. I only play a stamblade. I only hang out with stamblades in Cyrodiil. Nobody is in medium, and nobody truly counts on dodge roll to save them. You just get used to dying if the gank fails and you can't cloak away or re-burst them down.

"Nobody" wears medium armor you say? That's pretty impressive you have met every player on Eso and know their build(s) on every character. You should write a book about it!
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

you are telling me? You are getting hit for 10k power lashes and frags though your sheilds?

I think he's saying that those abilities hit for those amounts in light armor without shields, thus causing a theoretical him to die instantly. Of course that theoretical him could solve that problem by wearing heavy armor like everyone else, and by putting more points/glyphs into health, since PvP shouldn't be about min/maxing damage, but should be about thinking situationally.

"30s to eval"
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they buff this revert blazing soear changes and radiant nerf

God please no.... then all the magtards in Cyrodiil will spam radiant on players with full health harder than they already do. It's pretty easy to spot "awesome" templars with that noob beam shooting across the whole map. Honestly, I think all executes need nerf ed to be 25% health and lower. The 50% health is ridiculous....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's saying that those abilities hit for those amounts in light armor without shields, thus causing a theoretical him to die instantly. Of course that theoretical him could solve that problem by wearing heavy armor like everyone else, and by putting more points/glyphs into health, since PvP shouldn't be about min/maxing damage, but should be about thinking situationally.

Lol that theoretical me is pointing out how absurd the concept of using Wards AFTER being attacked - as in, reactionary.

That's what's that's about
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol that theoretical me is pointing out how absurd the concept of using Wards AFTER being attacked - as in, reactionary.

If you survive the initial burst, which you can against most gankers if you're in heavy with high resistances and points in Hardy/Elemental Defender, then wards would serve the same function as Breath of Life for templars: They give you time to recover from the hit. Indeed, they would overperform Breath of Life in this case, because their efficiency cannot be reduced as that of Breath of Life would via Major Defile.

"30s to eval"
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you survive the initial burst, which you can against most gankers if you're in heavy with high resistances and points in Hardy/Elemental Defender, then wards would serve the same function as Breath of Life for templars: They give you time to recover from the hit. Indeed, they would overperform Breath of Life in this case, because their efficiency cannot be reduced as that of Breath of Life would via Major Defile.

No they wouldn't. far from it.:
    BoL will take you out of execute range, shields don't - so you still take high hits from executes.
    BOL can be buffed with major mending - direct opposite to Major defile. Shields can't.
    BoL can crit-heal. You can never crit-shield
    BoL heals the mitigated damage taken - which means more dmg needs to be done to counter.. Shields take the full dmg.
    And after all that, the shielded player still needs to heal up too....

I mean yesterday I was spamming mages wrath on a low health magplar. he dropped down to between 5 and 10% health and in the split-second between one of my casts and the next he was instantly up to full health. This was with 3-4 people beating on him at the same time. There is no way you can tell me that sorc shields are this strong..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

No they wouldn't. far from it.:
    BoL will take you out of execute range, shields don't - so you still take high hits from executes.
    BOL can be buffed with major mending - direct opposite to Major defile. Shields can't.
    BoL can crit-heal. You can never crit-shield
    BoL heals the mitigated damage taken - which means more dmg needs to be done to counter.. Shields take the full dmg.
    And after all that, the shielded player still needs to heal up too....

I mean yesterday I was spamming mages wrath on a low health magplar. he dropped down to between 5 and 10% health and in the split-second between one of my casts and the next he was instantly up to full health. This was with 3-4 people beating on him at the same time. There is no way you can tell me that sorc shields are this strong..

Fair points well made, but even so it comes out a wash.
    1. You won't take crit damage from those executes with a shield.
    2. Perhaps shields can't be buffed, but the point stands that one cannot defub them either.
    3. You can crit-shield. They shield you from crits whereas BoL doesn't.
    4. Even more damage needs to be done to counter shields, as they essentially extend your health bar with 100% crit resist. Rather than burst the templar's health down, I now need to burst your shield down--which won't take full damage because it doesn't take crit damage.
    5. After all that, specifically one or two moves to recast your shields, you then would need to heal up whilst facing an opponent with drained resources who is most likely attempting to high-tail it out of there before trying again having lost the element of surprise.

"30s to eval"
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for proving my point.

The statement was, there is no way a LIGHT ARMOR user can expect to take on that damage and then REACT by using Wards.

You keep mentioning heavy armor, which is I keep saying that the premise is based on LIGHT ARMOR.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds