The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are the Templar Blazing Shields tanks holding up in PvP ?

Grampa_Smurf
Grampa_Smurf
✭✭✭
How are the Templar Blazing Shields tanks holding up in PvP ?

I have been playing around with one in TF for a bit now, mainly pull it out when large groups of enemy are around...( just because it is fun to see how many you can get in the group before you die ) But I have come across a snag with the no CP week ( have jumped on a DK dps for now ).

As you know Blazing Shield rely on Max Health and max magicka regen with the CP increase into shields-regen-cost reduction in the tree. Now I usually run with CP and food around 74k health and a base Mag regen with food 2400 ( rising to 2.7 to 3k around resource and keeps ). But with no CP shields have droped about to around 9k and cost of Blazing shield is just over 4.1k., now my regen is still over 2.1k but now I have to refresh the shield more and with the extra cost involved in it my question is....

Is it viable still and if so how have you guys worked it out for PvP ?

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Best Answer

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healthplars shine in GvG. Their job is not to kill people. It's to dictate the type and flow of combat.

The funniest moments in this game have been watching a 3+ EoS bomber group sweep in like a boss after they have been punking people all day.

Answer ✓
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builds like this aren't nearly as effective as they are with CP. I suggest trying a different build until this no cp adventure is over.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pointless build played by scrubs
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazeplars are overrated. They look like big and angry monsters but it's just a first impression.
    Edited by Ashamray on March 3, 2017 9:37AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Blazeplar is a pretty bad way to play magplar. I've never died to one because I used my brain and ranged them down. So no, they aren't holding up that well
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to play blazeplar is having something between 40-50k health and rest into magicka for heal and jabs. Equip some proc set such as valkyn for additional burst and you're good to go.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With no CP they cast blazing shield twice, go out of resources, and then die.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Best way to play blazeplar is having something between 40-50k health and rest into magicka for heal and jabs. Equip some proc set such as valkyn for additional burst and you're good to go.

Have a crap ton of builds in bank I can try for 1v1 odd builds but it's only for a week so just easier to jump on a dps-heal dk I have there as well.

Ashamray wrote: »
    Blazeplars are overrated. They look like big and angry monsters but it's just a first impression.

So true, A pure Blazing tank build is boring in a 1v 1 or even up to 1 v 3 so mainly just keep walking away to bigger and better things. But jumping into a zerg is where the fun is, trying to stay alive while pumping out 13k hits to all enemy around you trying not run out of resources before all the enemy die.
    It's a pointless build played by scrubs

Always love these answers :)
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Builds like this aren't nearly as effective as they are with CP. I suggest trying a different build until this no cp adventure is over.

I am just swapping over to another toon while this is on, I only bring out the Blazing tank when the large enemy Zergs are out for fun. And it would have been fun as there are some really large groups atm.

Thank you all for answers...even the scrub one as I get a good laugh from them :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people who make good ones have hit me for 17k pops before
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

This, anymore HP then this and you will won't have any damage outside of blazing shield.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if one only cares to pop blazing shield damage. Not 1v1. Let em do it. Different ways of using blazing shield. I personally like the max health builds that jump into full raids. More difficult in no CP though....
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    good at what they're meant to do, draw attention and tank with little bit of damage on the side for helping in fights

Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've met a few Blazplars 1v1. I can virtually always outheal their damage on my melee stam DK, as well as my (ranged) magblade. I play in the CP campaigns. They don't seem to heal very well themselves. In most cases I can gradually wear them down and kill them (maybe not if they're wearing Malubeth). In my experience they are not good builds at all.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accually, blazeplars/ trollplars are pretty difficult to play. They normally have lower resists than an average tank, and lower damage reducing CPs due to pushing bastion CP. I mean...probably not as hard to play as a magblade XD.

They have purpose, you cant expect to beat a decently played blazeplar solo, nor does he have the idea he can kill you solo.

Blazing tanks are a templar form of zerg buster. Maybe not as effective as a bomb blade, but still fun for us regardless.

So in comparison, to come across a heal tank templar and expect to win, then say that its not a good build....well...thats not accurate. That heal tank is designed for a purpose (even if that purpose is just because the player loves being a tanky troll), to heal his buddies, and for small team play healplars are AMAZING. Blazeplars are the same, we have a purpose. I jump into raids before my team does to drain their resources and to gather enemy "agro", killing enemies is just a bit of bonus if i do manage to. I do all that player agro control, tank, heal myself, and return 66% of the damage i take back to the enemies around me...soulds pretty awesome if you ask me.

We are not a dueling build. And its fair to say we DO suck at that.