Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorting glitch in guild stores

Deedleqwerty
Deedleqwerty
✭✭✭✭✭
I sorted this morning on nirnhoned maces. I need one to research finish nine traits across the board. I pulled up what I thought was mace, and bought it without looking. When I went to research the item, it was a maul.

I figured I'd made a mistake. I went back to the guild store, sorted on nirnhoned maces again, and this time I looked closer. Though it was sorted on maces, the search pulled up mauls.

I changed the search to research all two-handed weapons, and that's when it got stranger. I checked my own four trading guilds, all of the guilds at the Big Tree, and those in Belkarth. I found every kind of weapon except maces. That's about 15 guild stores with nary a mace in sight.

The latter could simply be that no had nirnhoned maces for sale this morning, though it seems odd.

But the sort on maces turning up mauls is a glitch.
~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
See you in Cyrodiil
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solved this one myself, and it was my own wrong thinking that messed me up.

All I needed was maces for a full, across the board, nine trait character. I got it in my head early that the mace was a two-handed weapon. Wrong thinking, but I never used a mace, and was going off my own thoughts of having seen a two-handed mace in a movie years ago.

What cemented my wrong-thinking was the "sort."

When I looked through the guild stores for a two-handed mace, the option was there. Even though two-handed maces don't exist in the game, I was able to sort for two-handed maces.

And that's what skewed my thinking even more.

I got a guildmate to make me the mace, and he's the one who cleared it up for me. "A mace is a one-handed weapon in the game," he said. "It doesn't matter if the game allows you to search for a two-handed mace. If you find one, it's not going to be a mace."
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil