The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crit resist vs phys/spell resist

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For no cp, at what point is crit resist high enough and does it become more beneficial to survival to have a phys/spell resist at a certain number? For stam DK if that matters. I generally run one big piece reinforced, but im kind of feeling like it might be better to hit around 20k phys and spell resist? Since crit isn't as big of a deal in non cp campaigns.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    For no cp, at what point is crit resist high enough and does it become more beneficial to survival to have a phys/spell resist at a certain number? For stam DK if that matters. I generally run one big piece reinforced, but im kind of feeling like it might be better to hit around 20k phys and spell resist? Since crit isn't as big of a deal in non cp campaigns.

In nCP, you'll only lose the CP dedicated to increasing/protecting against crit. Some might say you need 7 PC impen, more than ever since crit resistance basically equated to 7pc of impen traits at 100 points. But Templars/NB can still get 10% increased crit dmg, and there are skills that give 10% crit dmg buffs (resto staff ulti, trap, etc.)

If you run a magicja shield regularly, you can dedicate a trait or two or three to infused/divines/well fitted/sturdy since the shield negates crit/penetration values. You still need some armor/impen but you can remove what's comfortable.

If you run heavy armor, id use reinforced on the chest piece. It's the only armor item in the game to recieve the most armor bonus, with purple upgrades it rests above 3000k (4.5% dmg mitigation). Reinforced on the Shield isn't bad either, but I think that's if you are running more of a shield backbar for defense.

You still have to deal with sharpened traits, and if someone uses a mace. That's easily roughly 5-10k
    Off your armor. But then again, defending traits/major resolve buff negates sharpened altogether.

Use Crown's impen spreadsheet, and remove all numbers that are added because of CP.
    Edited by Minno on April 7, 2017 2:51PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

Look at this thread, it gives you all you will need to test out your build by yourself and determine how much YOU need in each stat to fit YOUR Build and playstyle. Don't always go off of others builds, but have some fun and test stuff. In PvP far more so than PvE you can do your own thing and still be successful.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What access is there in nCP? I can think of impen on pieces and transmutation. What else provides impen?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What access is there in nCP? I can think of impen on pieces and transmutation. What else provides impen?

Only other thing I can think of is if you before going into PvP talk to and intimidate a priest of malacath somewere on the road in wrothgar and he gives you 1% extra Crit resist for like 30min... or if it was 1h.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

Look at this thread, it gives you all you will need to test out your build by yourself and determine how much YOU need in each stat to fit YOUR Build and playstyle. Don't always go off of others builds, but have some fun and test stuff. In PvP far more so than PvE you can do your own thing and still be successful.

I've looked at that before, it's an amazing bunch of info but more time consuming than I can handle. I need the version for dummies i.e. overall it's best to use one reinforced and 7 impen lol. Or hit 20k phys/spell resistance and put the rest in impen.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 7, 2017 4:29PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I've looked at that before, it's an amazing bunch of info but more time consuming than I can handle. I need the version for dummies i.e. overall it's best to use one reinforced and 7 impen lol. Or hit 20k phys/spell resistance and put the rest in impen.

Sadly the special Cliff notes is this:
    - use 7 impen.

Otherwise the info is there for you to read and determine for yourself what will make your build work. We can't give you that.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azura imho impen is less important than cp. Far from useless but not 100% necessary. Tbh, on average people will run 15-25% crit.

If you are in HA and blocking then sturdy is far better. Reinforced on big pieces and impen on small ones is also a good way to go.

That is just my opinion though.