Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Nonmagic" class

Sarru
Sarru
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS!
I like (and i think many others too) to play nonmagic characters (different variations of warrior), but there no such class in TESO. I've played WoW a lot and i liked warrior mechanics there (no elemental stuff, only brute force, bleedings and shouts). All TESO classes use some supernatural or elemental stuff (even in stambuilds): DK - fire, poison and earth; NB - shadow, disease; Sorc - daedra, lightning; Templar - aedra, fire... but no pure fighter class -_-
You can tell me not to use class skills and use weapon skilllines to make such character, but in that case i loose all class benefits couse almost all class passives work when you use class skill and such builds are weak...
So, pls, add such class into the game, skillines can be based on shouts, bleedings, frenzy, some weapon mastery for stam variation and spirit, martial arts for magic variation etc.
And what do you, mates, think about it? Pls discuss.
UPD.
Warrior in Morrowind:
2d82302927c64ef9b549cb848ca030ba.png
Warrior in Oblivion:
3b03401445b24d1585b920a9415a553f.png
Main idea of the post: adding a class with such skillines like: martial arts with fists and punches, inner force with shouts and some inner spirit stuff, weapon mastery with bleedings. It would be warrior/monk/barbarian char (depends on build).

P.S. Sorry for my english, not native language =)
Edited by Sarru on April 10, 2017 7:31PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet for a pure weapon character is nightblade. Most of the assassination and shadow passives will function without using class abilities, and the few abilities you do need to use don't look too flashy (e.g. relentless focus, surprise attack, and killers blade). That's one reason I made nightblade my original main character, to avoid the flashy spell effects.

You can also invest in fighters guild skills and passives to complement weapon skills.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have never appreciated pure warrior classes (GW2's warrior, for example, I found mind bogglingly boring) so I can't really complain. The stamina weapon skills are mostly practical and non-magical, but you're right in saying that you can't use purely weapon skills and still remain competitive.

Stamblades would probably be as close as you could get to a "non-magical" class. The class skills you use on Stamblades don't have as much of a "magical" look to them as they do the other classes.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarru wrote: »
    Dear ZOS!
    I like (and i think many others too) to play nonmagic characters (different variations of warrior), but there no such class in TESO. I've played WoW a lot and i liked warrior mechanics there (no elemental stuff, only brute force, bleedings and shouts). All TESO classes use some supernatural or elemental stuff (even in stambuilds): DK - fire, poison and earth; NB - shadow, disease; Sorc - daedra, lightning; Templar - aedra, fire... but no pure fighter class -_-
    You can tell me not to use class skills and use weapon skilllines to make such character, but in that case i loose all class benefits couse almost all class passives work when you use class skill and such builds are weak...
    So, pls, add such class into the game, skillines can be based on shouts, bleedings, frenzy, some weapon mastery for stam variation and spirit, martial arts for magic variation etc.

I would like to use an elemental archer, or a frostblade, or a dragon knight that actually uses weapons and fire. Also a mage that uses a staff and a greatsword...

All of that has been lost... like tears... in the rain...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also yearn for a low fantasy mmo but this will never be it nor should it. ES is high fantasy by nature.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game considers poison and diease damage as physical

I think my NB uses Magelight and Cloak has thier only "magic" skills.
    Then I go on an onslaught...

Cloak onslaught, cloak onslaught cloak onslaught,...wait for mana regen.. cloak, onslaught is a really satisfying way to clear a mob for me.

I suggest you give the "Onslaught" one shot build a go... I also use a long range Snipe build on my back bar.

The rest of my magic is all buffs.

• Sarru
    Sarru
    ✭✭✭
    I think Warrior is a traditional part of every fantasy world. We have warrior mundus, warrior champ points, warriors in game, warrior class in Morrowind and Oblivion, but no war class in ESO, its kind'a strange for me -_-
    Yeah, you can play NB, but its more like rogue...

• Coilspun
    Coilspun
    I love a non-magic class in my fantasy games, just brute force, steel and muscle.

Sadly as you say OP, there is'nt one, and I'm fine with that - I was hoping on release to be able to make a Nord 2H warrior style class, Templar was the most obvious choice, but the glowing golden lance? It's just not nord-like in my opinion.

I regret that there was'nt a more basic class in the game... now I'm just used to it.
  • tomernadyarwb17_ESO
    I'm with you, guys. With all this firework my DK looks like a clown on a fair.
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. That sparks an interesting thought exercise: can you make a viable "non-magical" character? A lot of Stamina builds use very few class skills, so you could probably get pretty close to what you want.

I don't think you could make a straight-up Barbarian-style fighter; there's probably not enough damage output in 2H to make it work beyond the "novelty build" level. But it would absolutely work as a more stealth/scrapper oriented class.

From the Bow set you could use Volley (either morph) no problem. The other popular Bow morphs all use poison, so unless you wanted something sub-optimal (Bombard, Snipe, or Scatter Shot) you're probably only going to get Endless Hail on your back bar. (Or I guess you use 2H on your back bar for Crit Charge, Momentum, and maybe Reverse Slash.)

Dual Wield is all fine; all three common DPS skills would work: Flurry, Twin Slashes, and Whirlwind. You could probably drop Hidden Blade in there if you wanted Major Brutality. And the Ultimate (Lacerate) is definitely useful.

Expert Hunter and Trap Beast from the Fighter's Guild line are pretty common in Stam builds (as is the Ult, Dawnbreaker), and likewise Vigor and Caltrops from the PvP Assault line. (You could even use Warhorn as an Ult.)

For your class, Nightblade is probably your best bet. The other three classes get pretty flashy - even with their Stam morphs. But Ambush and Surprise Attack are both physical and subtle (less so Ambush, I suppose), and even though Siphoning Attacks uses Magicka, it's neither flashy nor non-physical. (I'd argue that Killer's Blade would be worth considering, even if it does Disease damage, but if you strictly want no non-physical damage, I guess it's ruled out.)

So while you maybe couldn't build a strictly physical character that would top DPS charts, solo Vet content, or crush people in PvP, you definitely have options to build a "purely physical" character that is not flashy, and not completely gimpy. And keep in mind - Conan wasn't just a brainless sword swinger; he was a thief, bandit, and clever fighter as well.
    Edited by Dao_Jones on March 31, 2017 3:07PM
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same I just want a SnB real steal tough warrior. I thought DK would be it but the magic version is better and it has way too much magic.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 10, 2017 7:57PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somo time ago, DKs were "2h carriers". You just can replicate one of those builds:

crit rush, dizz swing, executioner, rally, silver shards, U Onslaught
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can certainly play a "non-magic" class by avoiding the use of skills that have magical powers associated with them. Sticking mostly to weapon skills and Vigor and Rally should do the trick.

Just don't expect to be super effective is all :neutral:
    Edited by Vaoh on April 1, 2017 3:07PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a fast-paced aggressive warrior build. Like a knight or something. The stamblade is the closest thing to it IMO. Just sucks they can't brawl like a stamplar or a DK can which forces you to play more evasive/cowardly.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Somo time ago, DKs were "2h carriers". You just can replicate one of those builds:

crit rush, dizz swing, executioner, rally, silver shards, U Onslaught

Uppercut isn't fast enough. I hate playing the slow characters. If you've ever played dark souls I'm more into Dexterity builds than I am strength.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Same I just want a SnB real steal tough warrior. I thought DK would be it but the magic version is better and it has way to much magic.

Honestly, if Uppercut was an instant cast, my main would probably be a DK.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on April 1, 2017 5:00PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same I just want a SnB real steal tough warrior. I thought DK would be it but the magic version is better and it has way to much magic.

Ikr, spamming that cast time ability it so stupid. A simple slash skill or some simple blade slashing skills would be nice for SnB, 2H, and DW instead of the nonsense we have now.

[Edit]

I wish combat was like DS3 I played the Knight it was my favorite with Sword and Shield.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 1, 2017 9:05PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ikr, spamming that cast time ability it so stupid. A simple slash skill or some simple blade slashing skills would be nice for SnB, 2H, and DW instead of the nonsense we have now.

[Edit]

I wish combat was like DS3 I played the Knight it was my favorite with Sword and Shield.

[Edit]

Speaking of DS3 have you seen these babies? I think I'm in love lol

https://youtu.be/zWlYm5nbMYE
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin

Yeah those are awesome.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS! I like (and i think many others too) to play nonmagic characters (different variations of warrior), but there no such class in TESO.

I'm the opposite but get this problem from the other side. I prefer to play purely magic characters and most of the game's magic is split across the 4 classes so I can't access them on a single character (3 per class x 4 = 12 v restoration and destruction staff 2 + mage guild and some undaunted undaunted 1.5 = 3.5).

But I agree with you and it seems like the original plan was to return to more Elder Scrolls style free ability choice at end-game with spellcrafting and a weapon equivalent, possibly Yokudan sword-singing. With the game not selling so well those have been canned though.

IMO it's one of the game's greatest failings. Forcing everyone to be a magic user whether they want to be or not is crazy.

Ironically sorcerer is probably the best non-magic option for two reasons.

1) They have passives which boost weapon damage and unlike the other 3 / 4 classes, cost reduction passives which don't require using any class skills.

2) They have an ability (Dark Exchange) and morphs which let you convert magicka to stamina or stamina to magicka. This means you can use both resource pools to fuel exclusively magic or non-magic abilities.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS!

I would like to use an elemental archer, or a frostblade, or a dragon knight that actually uses weapons and fire. Also a mage that uses a staff and a greatsword...

I could not have said this better.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS!

One of the best scenes ever!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS!

We need a Barbarian Class!!
    I am guessing their response will be "No ETA".
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Sarru
    Sarru
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    We need a Barbarian Class!!
    I am guessing their response will be "No ETA".
    I am guessing there won't be any response. I guess, they think that DK = warrior (maybe because of the Draconic power skilline, but there no any stamina skills, lol), it's a fire/earth mage which can put heavy armor on. Also I don't understand why this class is called a "knight"... knight, that has only 2 stamina skills (in a firebased skilline, lol) and using magica - nonsence.

• Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! The balance of the game now makes mages too strong. A pure warrior is fine.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2H/DW Orc NB is by far my favourite stam char. Only class skills I use are Relentless Focus for Minor Berserk and occasionally Siphoning Attacks, but in groups you might do without either. Might work even better with Templar or Sorc due to weapon/physical damage bonus, or DK for Minor Brutality.

Brawler + Reverse Slice takes out any mob. Deadly Cloak adds some more survivability as well as surprising dps.
    Sinlge target is a bit tougher with Wrecking Blow, but just remember to keep Trap and Rending Slashes up. Rend is also a great ultimate for your back bar. I've seen a lot worse in group dungeons, and it's brutal fun.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myself I always wanted a class like the monk in Diablo 3. Melee magick type, using their fists/martial arts.

Was so much fun :(
    EU | PC
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Myself I always wanted a class like the monk in Diablo 3. Melee magick type, using their fists/martial arts.

Man you missed on everquest 2 monk they where similar and awesome. The rest of mmorpgs with a monk like class are big pay to win games or terrible voice acted j like mmorpg.
  • Sarru
    Sarru
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

That's what i'm talking about, they can add class with such skillines: martial arts with fists and punches, inner force with shouts and some inner spirit stuff, weapon mastery with bleedings. It would be warrior/monk char (depends on build).
  • R1DD1CK
    R1DD1CK
    ✭✭
    NB and DK would make sense to be stamina classes with stamina class abilities , while Sorcs ans Templar would make sense to be magika classes with magicka class abilities but I guess they ''will keep the ball rolling '' so probably ''no ETA'' on this issue atm .