Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Aoe King" Stam Sorc build (HotR DLC ready)

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
EDITS:

08/15/2017 - Updated for Horns of the Reach DLC

09/09/2017 - Updated rotation

Race:

Redguard

Attributes:

All in Stamina

Food:

Health and Stamina

Mundus:

Warrior

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Mighty 49, Thaum 51, Precise Strikes 51, Master at Arms 20, Piercing 49.

Red tree:

Quick Recovery 19, Elemental Defender 49, Hardy 49, Thick Skinned 37, Iron Clad 44, Spell Shield 22

Green tree:

Warlord 51, Sprinter 16, Mooncalf 56, Tenacity 49, Tumbling 28, Shadow Ward 20

Gear choice (Solo Stam DPS in Raid):

7/7 Medium Divines

5 Twice Fanged Serpent

2 Velidreth

5 Night Mother's Gaze

Use the following weapon traits:

1 Infused Dagger (Poison enchant) - in Main Hand

1 Precise Dagger (Weapon damage enchant) - in Off-Hand

1 Nirn vMA Bow

All Armor with Stamina Enchants. All Jewelry Robust with Weapon damage enchants.

Bar Setup:

DW Bar: Bound Armaments, Rending Slashes, Rearming trap, Blade Cloak, Hurricane. Ultimate: Flawless Dawnbreaker

Bow Bar: Bound Armaments, Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Caltrops, Focused Aim. Ultimate: Ballista.

https://imgur.com/B6KEfMF

Rotation:

Step 1: Rearming Trap>Bar Swap>LA>Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Focused Aim>LA>Ballista>Bar Swap

Step 2: LA>Rending Slashes>HA>Blade Cloak>HA>Hurricane>HA>Rearming Trap>Bar Swap

Step 3: LA>Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Focused Aim>Bar Swap

Step 4: HA>Rending Slashes>HA>Blade Cloak>HA>Hurricane>HA>Rearming Trap>Bar Swap

Restart from Step 1

Rotation video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTT96DcQH8&feature=youtu.be

Questions:

1. Why Velidreth?

Kragh offers the highest damage gain in groups where full target penetration is not achieved, because the 1 piece on it is the strongest one-piece for a stam user to have and offers a 2.97% DPS increase on a non fully penetrated target. Velidreth however works best if full penetration is achieved. In addition its proc hits certain enemies (Manticora is an example) multiple times. My raid group will be running an optimized buff system so I am running Velidreth...if the penetration is not capped then Kragh is best in slot for most fights.

2. Why TFS and NMG?

Penetration is the best damage buffing stat to use when building a character. In a non optimized raid those two sets will perform best. Should your group already run NMG your options open up quite a bit, but are all reliant on what gear is available to you. Vicious Ophidian, Hundings Rage, Leviathan and Sunderflame are all Viable options, the trick is to be aware of how to optimize and not go over the penetration cap. Below is a list of all the possible debuffs a group can have up, keep in mind that during a trial you most likely will not have a 100% uptime on every single of these, so try to pen cap yourself with that expectation.

Nightmother's Gaze - 2580

Alkosh - 3010

Sunderflame - 3440

Major Fracture - 5280

Minor Fracture - 1320

Crusher Enchant - 1622

Infused Crusher Enchant - 2108

3. Why Warrior Mundus?

Warrior seems to be coming out on top for most stam builds in this DLC. By slotting Dawnbreaker on the front bar we are getting around 552 weapon damage from that Mundus, which is quite a large chunk of our dps. Our crit is too high to take advantage of the Thief stone and too low to make Shadow Mundus be better than Warrior. Lover is a choice to run, but the DPS gain from warrior is almost exactly the same and if you have buff sets in a raid Lover quickly loses its power.

4. Why double dagger?

Proc rate for the Axe passive is too low to warrant using it, and daggers scale better with raid buffs.

5. Why Nirn Bow?

Since we are shooting for a pen capped scenario we have infused/nirn and precise to choose from. Precise is nice but Nirn is a lot better. Nirn not only increases the base of your Hail damage, it also buffs your weapon by 200 wep damage which is huge for all your skills. Running Nirn allows your hail to start ticking and go through the lower part of its damage buffed, once you bar swap, the Infused trait off the main hand takes over and gives your Hail a higher ceiling to reach.

6. Why Ballista and not Rend?

Rend outparses Ballista by a few hundred (300) DPS, however the loss of Flawless on the front bar is a much bigger DPS loss. I use rend on fights like the Fabrication Comittee where multiple bosses are present, but Ballista is better overall. Especially when combined with the Warrior Mundus, Flawless front bar becomes a must.

7. Why Focused Aim?

Focused Aim helps keep minor fracture uptime on target and does quite a bit of damage.

8. Parses:

http://imgur.com/a/g4ySz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geqNHK1Ug0o&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFqu8mr-8oo&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX99qtMnH7c&feature=youtu.be

https://imgur.com/a/9PHLl

https://imgur.com/a/QttBl
Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on September 20, 2017 8:40AM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY!!!!!! FIRE exposed as OP
    Edited by iam117 on September 28, 2016 11:59PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update for Homestead DLC
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO rotation mentions "Meteor", though bars don't... think you updated it a bit too fast ;)
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    @hedna123b14_ESO rotation mentions "Meteor", though bars don't... think you updated it a bit too fast ;)

Thanks for catching that! Was a late night...
  • logiikz214
    Hey so I see that you said to use either 5 medium two fanged snake or Twice born Star. Wouldn't NMG be better since essentially NMG and two fanged snake are the same?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logiikz214 wrote: »
    Hey so I see that you said to use either 5 medium two fanged snake or Twice born Star. Wouldn't NMG be better since essentially NMG and two fanged snake are the same?

How are they the same?
  • logiikz214

How are they the same?
    Sorry I read the 5pc bonus wrong. One is physical pen and the other is physical resistance. That's my bad. So I have two fanged snake but out of the 5 pieces I have two are divines and the rest are trash traits. So since I am still trying to get the perfect trait. Twice born star is better than NMG?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How are they the same?
    Sorry I read the 5pc bonus wrong. One is physical pen and the other is physical resistance. That's my bad. So I have two fanged snake but out of the 5 pieces I have two are divines and the rest are trash traits. So since I am still trying to get the perfect trait. Twice born star is better than NMG?

NMG is better unless you have stam penetration sets in group
  • logiikz214

How are they the same?

NMG is better unless you have stam penetration sets in group
    Ah got you. Yeah I have everything in your build except the weapons and my perfect trait pieces of armor. I did manage to get the purple/gold VO jewelry. Gonna try it out and see how it goes.
  • logiikz214
    I forgot to mention since I don't have Malestorm daggers. Is it ok for me to use leki daggers since the two piece gives me extra damage or maybe agility daggers for some extra stam?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention since I don't have Malestorm daggers. Is it ok for me to use leki daggers since the two piece gives me extra damage or maybe agility daggers for some extra stam?

Without vMA you should do 5 VO 5 NMG if you can. If you get lucky with vo or twice fanged weapons you can run 5 vo 5 twice fanged with 2 kragh
  • logiikz214

Without vMA you should do 5 VO 5 NMG if you can. If you get lucky with vo or twice fanged weapons you can run 5 vo 5 twice fanged with 2 kragh
    Yeah that's my aim to get the two daggers but it's a pain to get those weapons.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's my aim to get the two daggers but it's a pain to get those weapons.

for sure
  • logiikz214
    In your rotation you use caltrops and in your bar setup you don't have caltrops? What do you remove and replace with caltrops?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your rotation you use caltrops and in your bar setup you don't have caltrops? What do you remove and replace with caltrops?

Rearming trap front bar caltrops back bar, take off steel tornado.
  • logiikz214

Really!? I assume caltrops procs the healing from he crit surge?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should...doesnt matter though, you only need steel tornado for trash.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I hate using steel tornado until enemies are 25% or lower. It costs too much for too little damage before execute range.

On topic, does anyone run dw + 2h for their stam sorc? I've been using dw + bow but I'm just not digging the bow. Our, even dw + dw
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Honestly I hate using steel tornado until enemies are 25% or lower. It costs too much for too little damage before execute range.

On topic, does anyone run dw + 2h for their stam sorc? I've been using dw + bow but I'm just not digging the bow. Our, even dw + dw

2H is trash in PVE, bow has better DoTs, especially when using a vma bow. And what would be the point of running two DW bars? The best and honesty only DW skills you'll be using are already on your front bar, unless your trying for a single target/AOE bar split, but that would be a huge dps loss on single target fights.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind DLC
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your build and video. Is it not worth using deadly cloak? I use it a lot of vet trials cause its a huge damage mitigation and does decent damage as well @hedna123b14_ESO
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    Thanks for your build and video. Is it not worth using deadly cloak? I use it a lot of vet trials cause its a huge damage mitigation and does decent damage as well @hedna123b14_ESO

I use it on every fight where I know Ill need tge mitogation. I replace Rending Slashes with it.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same build as everyone else, nothing new here. pass along.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    same build as everyone else, nothing new here. pass along.

That's because it's the best.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, thanks :)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bearclaw tested, Bearclaw approved!

STAM IS BACK, BABY!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build needed a bump, haha. It is really strong and the rotation is really not bad when you get the hang of it.

Just to show what this build can do, even in a "support" position. Running Sunderflame/Hundings/Veli. Only change to Nos's rotation was to move one HA in front of Rending, to make sure we have close to 100% uptime on sunderflame for our group. My second time raiding on stam in over a year.

MGXW8SA.png
    Varlariel: 54,186 total DPS, 51,352 ST DPS, 99% sunder uptime for group.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 22, 2017 5:18PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build needed a bump, haha. It is really strong and the rotation is really not bad when you get the hang of it.

Just to show what this build can do, even in a "support" position. Running Sunderflame/Hundings/Veli. Only change to Nos's rotation was to move one HA in front of Rending, to make sure we have close to 100% uptime on sunderflame for our group. My second time raiding on stam in over a year.

MGXW8SA.png

That nice dps and that mouth watering Sunder uptime
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MGXW8SA.png

That nice dps and that mouth watering Sunder uptime

Now we just need gold Sunder jewelry in the vendor for the extra 160 or so stamina and like 4 weapon damage. Definitely worth the 750k gold. Haha