Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LOGIN ERROR: Login failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time.

delarb14_ESO
delarb14_ESO
✭✭
I purchased The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition ($79.99, NOT the upgrade edition) last night 3/30/2017 through the ESO website:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store

In The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition's information it clearly states that this also includes The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the first game of the acclaimed online RPG series. Pre-order today and get the Discovery Pack!

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_morrowind_edition_ce

I did not previously own the original ESO game so I purchased the full Morrowind edition that includes the first version and not the upgrade Morrowind version.

I have been a member since November 20, 2013.

On my account webpage it lists says:
Account Status: Active - Trial

I downloaded and installed the game using the link provided on my account webpage. After the download and installation was completed I clicked the play button which launched ESO game client.

After the technology brand movies and some license agreement windows I got to the server login page. I selected the NA server as I live in USA and entered the same user id that I used to login to my account to purchase ESO, entered the password and got the following error message:

LOGIN ERROR
===============================================
Login failed. Your username or password may be
incorrect or inactive at this time. If you purchased
the game through Steam, please start the game
via the Steam Client to login.

F1 View Account Alt Exit

I went back to my account webpage, logged out and back into my account successfully using my account name and password that I tried using in the ESO game client.

http://account.elderscrollsonline.com/

I logged in successfully into the support webpage:

http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=us

I created and logged successfully into the ESO forum:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en?_ga=1.188386280.1523921656.1490971178

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated as I can't get into the game...

Thank you,
Delar
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    At the ESO store ESO Plus Membership webpage:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_plus

The button that you would normally click to buy is replaced with "You Do Not Qualify For This Product".

The same "You Do Not Qualify For This Product" button for both The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_gold

and The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited Digital Edition:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_standard

I am logged into my ESO account and I purchased the Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition which according to the product detail webpage of the game includes The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™, the first game of the acclaimed online RPG series.

I'm not sure why I can't subscribe to the ESO Plus Membership, which may be part of the issue with the login...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition's information it clearly states that this also includes The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the first game of the acclaimed online RPG series. [...] I did not previously own the original ESO game so I purchased the full Morrowind edition that includes the first version and not the upgrade Morrowind version.

Unfortunately (and I really mean unconscionably -- I think it's fairly despicable of ZOS not to make this more clear), buying the Morrowind Collector's Edition includes access to the full game, but not immediate access to the full game -- you have to wait until June, when Morrowind is playable, to play the base game too. The only way to buy ESO today is to buy it separately from Morrowind. That's probably the issue preventing you from logging on.
    Edited by casparian on March 31, 2017 8:56PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thank you casparian for the clarification information. When reading the Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition information, it said that it included The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the first game. Therefore, I was under the impression that I could play ESO now and that I would get the expansion when it released on June 6, 2017.

If that is the case, then how do I play ESO now? When I go to the store webpage ESO's website:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store

Both of the base ESO games say, "You do not qualify for this product".

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited Digital Edition:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_standard

The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_gold

I can not play ESO now using the Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition because it does not release until June 6, 2017. Also I can not purchase the base The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited Digital Edition or The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition because I already "own" it because I purchased the Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition...

Therefore I do not understand how I am able to play ESO today. Any assistance you can offer me on how I can play ESO now would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
    Delar
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's stupid they made that decision (to not allow access to base game until the expansion is released).

The only way I can think of to get you playing the game would be open a ticket stating your problem and requesting a refund, then buy the base game and then buy the expansion as an extra...costs slightly more than what you paid but that at least will let you play straight away.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    It's stupid they made that decision (to not allow access to base game until the expansion is released).

The only way I can think of to get you playing the game would be open a ticket stating your problem and requesting a refund, then buy the base game and then buy the expansion as an extra...costs slightly more than what you paid but that at least will let you play straight away.

I agree with this. You can try to get Tamriel Unlimited (base game) cheap and then do the digital upgrade from that.

You'd think that professionals would not make these sorts of mistakes?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion Betheny. I have made a request to refund the pre-order bundle so that I can purchase the base game and then buy the upgrade for the expansion. Hopefully I will be able to access ESO soon.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, you'll love this game :)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm not sure why there is any confusion over this. The store page linked by the OP states quite clearly that it is a pre-purchase with a release date of June 2017, and for good measure also states that it is a pre-order. There is no indication that any part of it is playable before the release date.

I suspect the reason they haven't provided it with an earlier access date for the base game is because of the complications that would arise over subscriptions, crowns, and people wanting a refund for Morrowind although they'd already been playing the base game.

However, I do think it's high time that they updated the FAQ that is linked on the store page and that is where they could have made it even clearer that buying this pack would not give early access to the base game.
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I contacted the ESO support and they agreed to process the refund after the funds clear. At that point I will purchase the base game and upgrade it to the Morrowind expansion version.

Tandor the issue I was having was that I could not purchase the base game because I already "owned" it through the Morrowind Expansion. I have to return the Morrowind expansion, buy the base game and then purchase the expansion if you want to play ESO before June 2017.

If I "owned" the base game through the expansion, I thought that I could play ESO now and when the expansion was released it would upgrade to the Morrowind expansion version in June 2017 which is not how it currently works.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I contacted the ESO support and they agreed to process the refund after the funds clear. At that point I will purchase the base game and upgrade it to the Morrowind expansion version.

Tandor the issue I was having was that I could not purchase the base game because I already "owned" it through the Morrowind Expansion. I have to return the Morrowind expansion, buy the base game and then purchase the expansion if you want to play ESO before June 2017.

If I "owned" the base game through the expansion, I thought that I could play ESO now and when the expansion was released it would upgrade to the Morrowind expansion version in June 2017 which is not how it currently works.

I understood your issue perfectly well. I'm glad Support are helping, but it doesn't alter my point.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    There is no indication that any part of it is playable before the release date.

But there is also no indication that the base game won't be playable immediately, you'd just expect the expansion part to release later and be able to play the base game seeing as it's already released.

It just *looks* like a package deal for getting into the base game then being ready for the expansion release.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tandor - it's just you've been around here long enough to know to read between the lines with anything ZOS says (or to look for the worst possible meaning as an indicator of what we're really getting), but a new person won't know this. They'll just assume things are going to be okay.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tandor - it's just you've been around here long enough to know to read between the lines with anything ZOS says (or to look for the worst possible meaning as an indicator of what we're really getting), but a new person won't know this. They'll just assume things are going to be okay.

It's not a question of reading between the lines, any more than it's a question of making assumptions. It's a case of reading what's on the screen and following it - pre-order for a release several months later is what it says, and that is what it is. Like I said, I don't understand why anyone finds that confusing - but I have also said that the FAQ should be updated to provide even greater clarity for those who are liable to be confused by it.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not a question of reading between the lines, any more than it's a question of making assumptions. It's a case of reading what's on the screen and following it - pre-order for a release several months later is what it says, and that is what it is. Like I said, I don't understand why anyone finds that confusing - but I have also said that the FAQ should be updated to provide even greater clarity for those who are liable to be confused by it.

But the only part "releasing" several months away is the expansion, the base game is already "released".

You might equally argue that a new person would expect the base game to be playable now with the unreleased part just being ready for release (had to repeat myself).

Not sure why you can't see how new people might make that mistake.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the only part "releasing" several months away is the expansion, the base game is already "released".

You might equally argue that a new person would expect the base game to be playable now with the unreleased part just being ready for release (had to repeat myself).

No, the product you were pre-ordering was clearly listed for release in June and stated to be a pre-purchase. It didn't specify or even hint at different dates for different parts. You read into it something that wasn't there. Look, I don't know why you're continuing with this, you've got Support looking at it for you and all I've done is point out the clear facts of what it states on the pre-order page for a product listed for release in June while suggesting that the FAQ should be updated to help those who do find it confusing. Let's leave it to Support from hereon, as I have said before, I'm glad they helping.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, the product you were pre-ordering was clearly listed for release in June and stated to be a pre-purchase. It didn't specify or even hint at different dates for different parts. You read into it something that wasn't there. Look, I don't know why you're continuing with this, you've got Support looking at it for you and all I've done is point out the clear facts of what it states on the pre-order page for a product listed for release in June while suggesting that the FAQ should be updated to help those who do find it confusing. Let's leave it to Support from hereon, as I have said before, I'm glad they helping.

Excuse me? I'm not the OP, I already own the game and didn't make this thread, stop yelling at me. Jeez.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me? I'm not the OP, I already own the game and didn't make this thread, stop yelling at me. Jeez.

My apologies :smiley: !